Sky Cover or Cloud Stir?

Options
_Perses_ - Lost City
_Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Blademaster
http://pwcalc.com/d7c708d80c674304

Cloud Stir gives around 4k more m.def when equiped....

http://pwcalc.com/20eea860bd291701

Sky Cover gives about 2k more p.def when equiped....

Which would be more practicle for use? I mean I like the idea of more m.def, but the +acc on the sky cover is a nice thing for fighting sins and archers :>?
Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Perses_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Rajevon - Harshlands
    Rajevon - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    well bro get sky cover ring for psy attack, ot get LG ring mostly same status with 200 mag def
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Despite what people say about BMs, you need to maintain your physical defense as well, because you need to consider what your physical defense is when mage marrowed.

Look how badly you cripple your p def when you mage marrow without the phys def ring.

http://pwcalc.com/7eaa7d42e6ee6281

That will make you R9 archer food, and that's including cleric buffs. Without, you'd have 8K Phys def.

As a BM you need the accuracy and phys attack as well. Only pure vit tank barbs should ever consider getting a magic ring. BMs have marrows to make up for magic defense, but they also need to maintain physical defense.

Here's what I would do if I were you. I'd toss the G15 warsong belt, and get the R9 belt. It gives significantly more phys def and gives 10 defense level. It is a good balance.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    4k more mdef? The Cloud Stir itself gives 780 mdef and with cleric buffs about 1350 mdef. Even with magic marrow thats only about 2400 mdef more. Meanwhile, a Sky Cover gives 936 pdef, 2200 pdef when combined with your own self buff and 3700 pdef when cleric buffed.

Sky Cover gives +physical attack. Cloud Stir doesn't. Sky cover add's to your accuracy (alot). Cloud Stir doesn't. I know you are considering more mdef as valuable defense for pk, but not missing a stun is also valuable defense.

We have magic marrows for a reason, and Sky Cover will allow you to use them without thrashing you pdef, too.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I just realized I used the wrong link, I meant to link this one.

http://pwcalc.com/22c87cd3491ca2e3

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I don't find the 17 attack and 2 attack levels worth the extra money and lose in 200 m def over Lunar ring. My TW/fighting caster rings are R9 + CoA. CoA's m def is not that much lower than Cloud at +10, I don't lose phy attack like I would if I use Cloud, and I get 16 stat points. As for the phy def, there's nothing stopping me from pop-ing demon Bell before I run in for stuns. In world PK against Sins, Sky is probably better than Lunar, but not by enough to justify their cost, while Lunar's more balanced against Archers anyways, which are the hardest R9 class for BM imo (the ones that know how to kite anyways).

In summary, I don't find any of the new rings an attractive option.
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    Zaradon - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Despite what people say about BMs, you need to maintain your physical defense as well, because you need to consider what your physical defense is when mage marrowed.

Look how badly you cripple your p def when you mage marrow without the phys def ring.

http://pwcalc.com/7eaa7d42e6ee6281

That will make you R9 archer food, and that's including cleric buffs. Without, you'd have 8K Phys def.

As a BM you need the accuracy and phys attack as well. Only pure vit tank barbs should ever consider getting a magic ring. BMs have marrows to make up for magic defense, but they also need to maintain physical defense.

Here's what I would do if I were you. I'd toss the G15 warsong belt, and get the R9 belt. It gives significantly more phys def and gives 10 defense level. It is a good balance.
    4k more mdef? The Cloud Stir itself gives 780 mdef and with cleric buffs about 1350 mdef. Even with magic marrow thats only about 2400 mdef more. Meanwhile, a Sky Cover gives 936 pdef, 2200 pdef when combined with your own self buff and 3700 pdef when cleric buffed.

Sky Cover gives +physical attack. Cloud Stir doesn't. Sky cover add's to your accuracy (alot). Cloud Stir doesn't. I know you are considering more mdef as valuable defense for pk, but not missing a stun is also valuable defense.

We have magic marrows for a reason, and Sky Cover will allow you to use them without thrashing you pdef, too.

Ok, thanks guys :)

I'll go with Sky Cover then and ignore Cloud stir.

Also, I think I will take the advice and grab the r9 belt for use in PvP, but stick with Warsong for PvE purposes (Or TW, which considering all the r9 casters i've had to fight lately, it might be better x.x).
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I personally use a R9 ring and Lunar ring because I find sins and Archers to be my biggest annoyance in Open Map PK and TW, since I have my mage marrow up like 90% of the time because I spam marrows for chi w/ demon bell. I just think it's the most balanced set up.

Not to mention I am always spamming mage def charms to halve the magic damage I take it, so I use phys def rings to balance out my armor sharding. I get like almost 1000 more mage def from regular perfect shards as they're decent place holders until I get enough money for Jades in my R9.

http://pwcalc.com/fa83d664f22febda

http://pwcalc.com/42d76305e92c7ee8

But my demon bell runs out a lot because I tend to only use it before or after combat, never during. It only lasts 15 seconds versus my marrows being 30 seconds, so if it's a prolonged fight I usually don't have time to demon bell again in the middle of a stun-lock or something. That's why I base my pw calc stats off of whenever demon bell buff effect is off (during combat).