Endgame Wizard Guide

Comments

• HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Promising guide if you keep spending time fighting blood instead of answering questions.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    18. Little boy b:cute

Makes it that much worse that I keep owning you huh? b:chuckle

The person that says "I owned you" rarely does.

As always, I am happy to let the reader decide. Something you are obviously afraid to do.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Promising guide if you keep spending time fighting blood instead of answering questions.

Didn't see it before.

And yeah cragglord hurts. Worse than a nix, but he goes away pretty quickly. I think it's like 20sec until he disappears? So definitely not too bad if you just kite it.
  • Glycerin - Dreamweaver
    Glycerin - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Full arcane and pure wizard (3 vit) here.. fully sharded with garnet gems in lunar nirvana.. and I don't shard citrines except on my cape. Honestly, I find that citrines on one piece, opposite of your suggested style and with some good refines, works a whole lot better in TW, PVP and PVE (including regular Nirvana at close melee range). Maybe it's just my experiences with my own build style.. but I can tank anything that PWI has to offer better than many barbs or BMs can sometimes. I also don't need to drop DB in delta, if that tells you anything, since my hp doesn't really move thanks to the garnets and the bonus beans.

Maybe instead of saying 'don't shard more than one piece with garnets' maybe give different builds that can be accomplished with other styles since this is a guide. I don't see the point of linking elsewhere except as a personal tool. Also, state which nirvana you're refering to because lunar has the same defences as R9.

Just my 2 cents b:victory.
    edited October 2011
    How well refined are your ornys? And which ones are they?

From my experience, well refined ornys are all the phys def you'll need. We don't get that much hp from refining our armor, so that's why I find citrines better.

And the socket calc is there for people to figure that out themselves.

And the reason I didn't mention lunar is simply because it's very hard to farm. Merching/Farming for the ~80m that r8 costs won't be nearly as hard as farming the uncannies/raps to nirvana your armor.
    edited October 2011
    Didn't see it before.

And yeah cragglord hurts. Worse than a nix, but he goes away pretty quickly. I think it's like 20sec until he disappears? So definitely not too bad if you just kite it.

okay ty =] theres not alot of active pvp mystics on lost city so I dont even know what it looks like
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    edited October 2011
    okay ty =] theres not alot of active pvp mystics on lost city so I dont even know what it looks like

Not many pk in general that I know of lol. I mean whenever I read those "Best pker of each class" threads, people normally can't even think of one b:chuckle
  • calmincense
    calmincense Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this Kill!! I understand more about my lvl 103 wiz than I did before, just from reading it.

Even high lvl players can learn from having an open mind and using things they learn, incorporating it into what they know already and coming out with some new strategies.

Don't attack something that's different from what you know, embrace it, use it, make it your own in some shape form or fashion.

More than one way can be the "RIGHT" way, you (no one in particular) being right doesn't mean I am wrong. it took a lot of effort for Kill to do this, and it's appreciated for what it is. Glad they stickied it or I'd never have seen it b:victory

edited to add: It also shed some light on other wizzies' modus operandi and how and why they do some of the things they do in TW. It's really informative on many levels.
    edited October 2011
    glad to hear it was so helpful b:thanks

and yes you're right, even if you don't agree with everything here it definitely sheds light on how other wizards are doing things.
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this Kill!! I understand more about my lvl 103 wiz than I did before, just from reading it.

This made me b:cry

Glad you posted it anonamously, ijs
    edited to add: It also shed some light on other wizzies' modus operandi and how and why they do some of the things they do in TW. It's really informative on many levels.

Biggest thing you can do in TW that not alot of people do? Look for opportunities to AOE the towers, binding posts, the crystal, catas in the enemy base (near the spawn pointb:sin). Especially the towers - noobs hug them like they are safer there, lol.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited October 2011
    When the enemy is in your base, or you're in the enemies base, target the enemy catas or crystal with your ultimates. Sometimes it's hard to find a target to hit with a long casting ultimate when people are dying so quickly, so target those things as focal points and let the aoe do all the hard work.
    Biggest thing you can do in TW that not alot of people do? Look for opportunities to AOE the towers, binding posts, the crystal, catas in the enemy base (near the spawn pointb:sin). Especially the towers - noobs hug them like they are safer there, lol.

Guess I do something not a lot of people do b:cute
    edited November 2011
    Guess I do something not a lot of people do b:cute

Assuming you do it, yes.

Unlike you and the dearly departed Adolt, I never tell people on other servers that they can't play well, etc.

I limit my comments to what they say on these forums, and what I experience for myself (like your absence from pk on your server and the fact that noone in the pk areas has ever heard of you).
    edited November 2011
    like your absence from pk on your server

Me? PK? There's just no way.
    edited November 2011

Why are you posting damage logs from your duels with your firends?
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    So, I red the guide... Yeah you'd be a wiz who i'd be scared to fight.
    To be honest, Sage sins are so op, I cry when I have to fight them.
    Like FoW misses, Sopor misses, undine misses, spark misses i mean like wtf??!
    But like other classes, i think mainly the wiz is teh bombz. Liek
    Deh sutra combo is da ****. I packed 25k in 3 seconds on another full r9+10 wiz, and since
    We is the only class with spark (GET IT, IT MAKES US OP), we gots the power to just
    roll over most other classes. (excluding fking bm's marrow, dat sht is ***)
    oh and for the shards, if you have an extra 2.5k USD to spend, get JOSD xD
    edited November 2011
    (excluding fking bm's marrow, dat sht is ***)
    On the upside it leaves them vulnerable to BT, so meh it evens out.
    oh and for the shards, if you have an extra 2.5k USD to spend, get JOSD xD

Lol if you have an extra $2.5k, then buy r9 and shard it JoSD. But needless to say not everybody can blow $2.5k on a game b:shutup
    edited November 2011
    Why are you posting damage logs from your duels with your firends?

It's nice having so many friends b:cute
  • notdurablesalt
    notdurablesalt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    lol i see you didnt post weak damage you did to me fail wiz noob
    edited November 2011

And if we look those players up, they will be ranked, right?

Will they even be white named?

And why you are taking soooo many screen shots of 3k hits, I'll never know.

Barb in my faction asked me a day or two ago what my highest crit was in pvp, so I hit him for 43k+ b:surrender

With O'malley blessing b:chuckle
    edited November 2011
    haha just to clarify a wiz don't need to be r9 to be good :P
    deres a diff between good and rich
    edited November 2011
    haha just to clarify a wiz don't need to be r9 to be good :P
    deres a diff between good and rich

No, but "deres" a difference between good and effective as well. There are players on my server that I hit for 2k - good luck doing anything to them with rank 8.
    edited November 2011
    No, but "deres" a difference between good and effective as well. There are players on my server that I hit for 2k - good luck doing anything to them with rank 8.

Mm the only r9's that I find impossible with r8 are the high refined barbs and psys. The rest are still killable even sins.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    edited November 2011
    Mm the only r9's that I find impossible with r8 are the high refined barbs and psys. The rest are still killable even sins.

That's weird. I was killing r9 psychics with tt99.

So +10 vit stone or jade bms with marrow on? you kill them with rank 8 even +10?

Rank 9 +12 dagger sins?

Rank 9 clerics with full garnet gems?

Rank 9 seekers (cmon, you haven't even seen many of them yet)

Other rank 9 wizards?

Not saying these are "impossible" to kill. Anything is "possible". I am saying "effective" against them. Not meaning you killed one once. Meaning line up 20 of them, and you kill at least 10.
    edited November 2011
    That's weird. I was killing r9 psychics with tt99.

So +10 vit stone or jade bms with marrow on? you kill them with rank 8 even +10?

Rank 9 +12 dagger sins?

Rank 9 clerics with full garnet gems?

Rank 9 seekers (cmon, you haven't even seen many of them yet)

Other rank 9 wizards?

Not saying these are "impossible" to kill. Anything is "possible". I am saying "effective" against them. Not meaning you killed one once. Meaning line up 20 of them, and you kill at least 10.

Yes i've seen r9 seekers and killed them(Some people on lc had the items banked), crimson_tide and dangler are the only ones i've played. They're both +12 r9 and I can kill crimson_tide 80% of the time but not dangler (hate your infinite hp) Oh, I forgot about the r9 seeker illadian but I dont usually count him since hes terrible. and bms of any gear are easy to kill or almost kill, we're like the anti bm. x/x

=/ I've only played one r9 cleric theres not alot of r9 clerics in lcs pvp. bryanshrimp I got them but we only 1vs1'd once. I've killed some r9 dagger sins like archdruid and devil_jin but I cant kill the ones that arent stupid no >< and no I still cant kill a full +12 psychic ever lol, I dont know how you did it with a tt99 weapon but gratz x/x I can get some r9 wizzys but lc has alot of r9 wizzys that are just sin/bm alts who only play wizzes on weekends. So yes. R9 doesnt save you from stupidity.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    edited November 2011
    So yes. R9 doesnt save you from stupidity.

Oh, so you were saying you can kill stupid r9s? Some of them forget to equip their weapons, ijs. Not sure how this contradicts my point - rank 8 +10 is less and less effective the more people get r9. monkeys behind the keyboard excepted.
    edited November 2011
    Oh, so you were saying you can kill stupid r9s? Some of them forget to equip their weapons, ijs. Not sure how this contradicts my point - rank 8 +10 is less and less effective the more people get r9. monkeys behind the keyboard excepted.

What point? The point I made is that you can effectively kill r9's in 1vs1 and even more so in group pvp because you dont have to get hit by them. You said you can't be effective with r8 I dont agree, I was going to go r9 but i think its more fun being the r8 who has to try hard to kill the r9.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    edited November 2011
    You said you can't be effective with r8

Yes, r9's with half a brain. I swear, some people think this game is soooo hard to play. Its not.
    I was going to go r9 but i think its more fun being the r8 who has to try hard to kill the r9.

You realize you are talking to the guy that played with TT99 (alot weaker than rank 8) for FOREVER after the rank sale, and got rank 9 armor first because I didn't want to pk with rank 9 weapon and crit people with stonerain for 20k. The problem? Any other rank 9 class that is smart enough to equip omalley blessing is very, very difficult for rank 8 or less to kill, unless they are dumb. Not impossible, not if they are dumb, not if they have empty sockets and +4 armor, blah, blah, blah.

Also, I have a FTP rank 8 wizard on sanctuary - and trust me, you can't dent some of those barbs and bms solo.
    edited November 2011
    Yes, r9's with half a brain. I swear, some people think this game is soooo hard to play. Its not.

You realize you are talking to the guy that played with TT99 (alot weaker than rank 8) for FOREVER after the rank sale, and got rank 9 armor first because I didn't want to pk with rank 9 weapon and crit people with stonerain for 20k. The problem? Any other rank 9 class that is smart enough to equip omalley blessing is very, very difficult for rank 8 or less to kill, unless they are dumb. Not impossible, not if they are dumb, not if they have empty sockets and +4 armor, blah, blah, blah.

Also, I have a FTP rank 8 wizard on sanctuary - and trust me, you can't dent some of those barbs and bms solo.

What refine is it? The tankiest barb on our server wishess is full +12 r9 and I can hit him for 20k with a sparked divine pyro crit =]
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    edited November 2011
    this game is impossible to play -.-
    I die to r8's all the time b:cry
    I simply cash shopped all my gear and i still die to the same ppl I did before.
    R8 Can still be effective--- if you know what you're doing Q.Q
    b:cryb:cry
    b:victory
    edited November 2011
    levi is a lying liar face.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.