This week's orb and charm sale...and possible increase in gold prices?

Neodaystar - Sanctuary
Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
I see that Platinum charms and 1-star dragon orbs will be 66% off in this coming sale after maintenance.

...So will the orbs be like 0.45 silver for 10 orbs?
...And Plat hp charms be like 2 gold each?

Currently (before maintenance), the 1-star dragon orbs was already at 50% off at 0.90 silver for 10 orbs. A few weeks ago Plat. charms were in the boutique at 50% off at 3 gold each for the hp.

If my speculation is correct, gold prices will go up by several hundred thousand tomorrow. Usually, when a sale like this happens - people stock pile lots of gold. I was trying to stock pile at least 500 gold this time, but there didn't seem to be any competition in hoarding gold tonight?? Did I miss something?
Post edited by Neodaystar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It's called adaption. People have adapted to the sales. When there were 10*'s 1*'s and Rank sales with charm sale my servers gold didn't go to 1.3mil once. People started to get some patience it seems.
  • endlesspsy
    endlesspsy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    gold price wont increase.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It's called adaption. People have adapted to the sales. When there were 10*'s 1*'s and Rank sales with charm sale my servers gold didn't go to 1.3mil once. People started to get some patience it seems.

Adapting to sales by being patient? What does that mean?

Before maintenance, a platinum hp charm goes for about 3.5 to 4.0 mil on Sanctuary server, and the price of gold was 1.25 mil ish. If this sale brings the the platinum hp charms to 2 gold each in the boutique, that's getting it for say 2.5 mil each if you were to stock pile gold before the sale, and sell it after the sale for around 3.5 mil each with 1 mil in profit for each charm sold.
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    D.orbs have been at 66% off for almost a month now so thats is aboslutly nothing new. Charms may raise the gold slightly for the the first few days but it will go back down after that. At the current moment the only thing I see keeping gold floating up over 1mil is rep/pack sale. Take those out and it would be possible for prices to go back under to 850k-950k...but you know who Im kidding day that happens is the day it snows in hell XD
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Adapting to sales by being patient? What does that mean?

Before maintenance, a platinum hp charm goes for about 3.5 to 4.0 mil on Sanctuary server, and the price of gold was 1.25 mil ish. If this sale brings the the platinum hp charms to 2 gold each in the boutique, that's getting it for say 2.5 mil each if you were to stock pile gold before the sale, and sell it after the sale for around 3.5 mil each with 1 mil in profit for each charm sold.

As in merchants have actually decided to wait for their gold instead of over bidding one another the whole time.
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    As in merchants have actually decided to wait for their gold instead of over bidding one another the whole time.

In general, what drives up gold prices is people with lots of money in-game buying the gold, but wanting it now, and so they are willing to accept higher prices for gold. You'll often see all the entries in the buying part as 1.1 mill and 100 coins, and 200 coins, etc. Those are the merchants, with the rich people in-game being the ones that simply bid 100k over everyone else. The merchants simply have to follow that on up.
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'll give PWE a million pound if they stop doing sales for a month.
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Why does anyone buy an HP charm when their not on sale.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Why would anyone buy dragon orbs for 10 silver when you can buy dragon fire packs at 20 silver?
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    charms rarely cause much of a gold increase, because the big merchants ignore them

they are not stackable, and you have limited sale space/bp space, so buying 300 of them and merching is not viable, and for most large scale merchants, the profit to be made of 10-20 of them is minimal

however, for the smaller merchants, plat hp charms can actually be quite profitable, since you dont compete with the big boys, but these merchants dont really have the ability to affect gold prices much
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I dont get this prices at all.

After the removal of 11* and 12* orbs and the following "Sales" for prices higher than we used to the gold price dropped constantly. Followed by discussions about the life line of pwi and 2 games from PWE was shut down people got really unsecure how clever it is to charge zen. Followed by the 20% VAT Issue some People boycott the buy zen for euro Option.

We are now back to the old prices but gold still dropping or at least it is constant. Looks like manny people changed their attitude to make this happen.

Gold price should rise but it dosnt, that leaves some conclusions

Significant less demand in gold
    or Significant more Supply of gold

I would say the first and that PWI have lost manny customers lately that used to play for free and had lots of coins to buy gold.

Or perhaps the main gold buyers are finally full r9 and have less demand for gold.

I dont get it at all, i just enjoy the lowish prices and it make not charging this "VAT taxed" dollar : usd 1 : 0.9 exchange ratio Zen offers pretty easy.
    I hate Room 38