[Server Maintenance Tonight] 11-8-2011 [COMPLETE]

Options

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yeah, I think it's kind of sad. Most people (not all) are more into doing things that will profit them instead of fun. This 9 instance isn't really good for farming coins as not many will pay more than 100 mil for an armor piece that has similar defenses as Nirvana. People were thrilled about the Caster Nirvana. Now I don't think anyone does them on a regular basis anymore - seen no more wc for them. In a few weeks, people will show less interest in the 9 trials. I myself will probably do trial 9 a few more times, and maybe once in a full moon after that for fun :)

So the cashers are sad because they cash to get their items, the merchants are sad because they have to merchant to get their items, and the farmers are sad because they choose to farm ($$ instance per hour) to get their items? Looks like we are all sad no matter what we do.

I myself will do it when bored, but I will not spend 4 months farming my plate when I can do 3-3 with a group of 4 and all of us can get a piece in 3 weeks. Farmers have enough to farm already, merchants have enough to merchant already, and cashers already have their r8 reforged, nuff said.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    il say TW anytime, the idea to outsmart the enemy and that enemy to be another human behinde a pc is just awsome
  • PlzDontPKme - Lost City
    PlzDontPKme - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well, what I meant was that all those times people had complained that there hasn't been any new and interesting end game content to do, but then this 9 trials came. I can see that a lot of work and thoughts were placed into the design of these new instances and challenges. All of this won't matter in less than a month and will be unappreciated because of what you just said.

After these 9 trials, I don' think there will be any huge new content release until maybe next summer. Rank 8 recast isn't as good to farm as the nirvana instance, and its reach for most is very far off. If you have very few people interested in continuing to farm it, then people will just drop the idea in mind of ever obtaining even one piece. Just like the ring from PQ3 and the grade 14 gear from the past maps.

It's only a matter of time before they start putting those r8 recast mats into the packs and boutique, and by then no one in their mind would waste time running the 9 trials.
    So the cashers are sad because they cash to get their items, the merchants are sad because they have to merchant to get their items, and the farmers are sad because they choose to farm ($$ instance per hour) to get their items? Looks like we are all sad no matter what we do.

I myself will do it when bored, but I will not spend 4 months farming my plate when I can do 3-3 with a group of 4 and all of us can get a piece in 3 weeks. Farmers have enough to farm already, merchants have enough to merchant already, and cashers already have their r8 reforged, nuff said.
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

blah blah blah... ...1am PST!

As for the maintenance question:

For those of you who have tried both the 9 Trials and Territory Wars, which one is more fun in your opinion, and why?

never done tw or 9t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • AnimeDD - Raging Tide
    AnimeDD - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I really wouldn't know one way or the other which would be better, but I know I could not do either one. TW from what I read you have to have been in the faction a certain amount of time, and my faction aint been around long enough (or have enough members) to participate in a TW.
    And the Trials... a lvl 65 BB or 51BM dont qualify if I read correctly.
    Still, I do look forward to the time when I can do them. It will add a new dimension to the game for me I think.

As for the server goin down... your just trying to get me to do the things that need to be done in the real world! lol
    (knew you guys were scheming against me!)
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Soloing BH29 for low leves so I could earn the name of a pro archer.

But seriously - I haven't tried the trials yet so I guess my only option available is TW.
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    Sunaro - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Why aren't servers down o.o
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options

sometimes they are early, other times they are late
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Options

Because they just should have gone down?

Sometimes there's a little delay, that's all.
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    Sunaro - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I've been doing PSAs in WC every 5 minutes for the past half hour telling people there's maintenance. I had to log off to avoid the blue chat rage when they didn't go down. xD
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Because they just should have gone down?

Sometimes there's a little delay, that's all.

hows your contest going kritty?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• X__Emily__x - Lost City
    X__Emily__x - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Why the favoritism to the small set of people who are in TW and Base owning Guilds?

Don't you realize there is a huge number of players that support PWI that don't fall in this tiny set?

i am totally agreed with you buddy
  • Shaadoe - Heavens Tear
    Shaadoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    :D tw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I've been doing PSAs in WC every 5 minutes for the past half hour telling people there's maintenance. I had to log off to avoid the blue chat rage when they didn't go down. xD

By rule, servers go down about 5~10 min after the hour every time, no idea why, but now you know, been tracking that for as long as I can remember.

Btw, lets do BH soon ^.^
    Got to show you my new -12% chan necklace.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The Trials without a doubt.

We've seen TW for ages. The trials are new and exciting.

Edit: Aed you chan wh@re next thing I know you'll turn up some haxor -12% chan boots.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Why the favoritism to the small set of people who are in TW and Base owning Guilds?

Don't you realize there is a huge number of players that support PWI that don't fall in this tiny set?

Well, no problem, Truly spoken like the 99% of the player base, just occupy west Archosaur and fight for your right to do elite missions with just 5 people.

I for once got no complain with base trials. They're challenging, a great coin sink and a new thing to accomplish. I can't compare one to the other. You compete against other factions in TW, you play against mobs in the trials. They're for sure the best PvE content available though, I'll give you that.

I do agree with Zarni though, the rewards are too little for the cost of completing. Sure, easy mode is great to do with the faction. Medium-mode trials are a coin sink, yet still a good challenge and have somewhat of a coin benefit for those that are not aiming for rank 8 recast but want to help the faction get the rewards....

Hard mode isn't though. The "average" player can't complete the trials without the rank 9 helping them, and the rank 9 don't get anything of significant value from it. Instead, we burn through charms, apothecary, food, for items that hold no meaning to us. As we need canny and raptures to recast our gear. You made the base trials (I assume) as a way to return to the squad/faction based mentality, that we were supposed to keep (as its the only way how TW is like Trials). Then add better rewards to it. This will push players outside factions to join them, and to take part of not just base trials, but after a while, hopefully, of TW too.

If you were to add an NPC to trade x amounts of coins/shields/adamantines/ores for canny and raptures, you'd make more players involved into this trials, because it actually makes sense to a rank 9 player to complete them. Right now, I'll try to complete all modes once for my bragging rights and enjoyment, and after that, I'll go back to more monetary meaningful ways of farming.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • agrona1
    agrona1 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The trials are a new interesting thing to figure out. Not sure why PWI thought it was a good idea to cut 3/4 of the server out of the action, unless to tempt smaller factions that will be unable to maintain a faction base to start one.
    TW is also fun, however, great factions break-up to all join the 2-4 major factions. Its sad, so the idea of changing maps for diversity would be cool and give many factions the opportunity to participate.
    Off subject, fix the fc dragoon exp!!! Seriously, have the server to 105 in a few months and now the rest of us get to talk to Amber? b:angry We need jfc or at least a 100+ zhen pit for the big boys & girls. b:victory
    PWI makes mistakes, makes us mad and on occasion alienates players but many still play. I enjoy it and look forward to "most" new content. I'd like to see the arena fixed so it was like sp but that may never happen. I'll just wait to see what they do next.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well, no problem, Truly spoken like the 99% of the player base, just occupy west Archosaur and fight for your right to do elite missions with just 5 people.

I for once got no complain with base trials. They're challenging, a great coin sink and a new thing to accomplish. I can't compare one to the other. You compete against other factions in TW, you play against mobs in the trials. They're for sure the best PvE content available though, I'll give you that.

I do agree with Zarni though, the rewards are too little for the cost of completing. Sure, easy mode is great to do with the faction. Medium-mode trials are a coin sink, yet still a good challenge and have somewhat of a coin benefit for those that are not aiming for rank 8 recast but want to help the faction get the rewards....

Hard mode isn't though. The "average" player can't complete the trials without the rank 9 helping them, and the rank 9 don't get anything of significant value from it. Instead, we burn through charms, apothecary, food, for items that hold no meaning to us. As we need canny and raptures to recast our gear. You made the base trials (I assume) as a way to return to the squad/faction based mentality, that we were supposed to keep (as its the only way how TW is like Trials). Then add better rewards to it. This will push players outside factions to join them, and to take part of not just base trials, but after a while, hopefully, of TW too.

If you were to add an NPC to trade x amounts of coins/shields/adamantines/ores for canny and raptures, you'd make more players involved into this trials, because it actually makes sense to a rank 9 player to complete them. Right now, I'll try to complete all modes once for my bragging rights and enjoyment, and after that, I'll go back to more monetary meaningful ways of farming.

The elite players and faction can complete it, but they have no incentive. Most of the players needed don't benefit and the others that want r8 recast know they can buy mats faster by doing instances for coin. I can say most will do the first 9 trials on easy mode, but past that it will be very meh for factions to complete it once the "oh it's new and pretty" phase is gone.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Options

Edit: Aed you chan wh@re next thing I know you'll turn up some haxor -12% chan boots.

It would make me SO happy I would squeal if that was to happen.
    Btw, also got my R8 boots, they are rather nice and have claws, I totally look like a dragonling.

Lets do a caster NV soon, and BH too, trust me, my agro stealing style is even better now, I put DDs to their wtf faces with a +8 R8 gun.
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The elite players and faction can complete it, but they have no incentive. Most of the players needed don't benefit and the others that want r8 recast know they can buy mats faster by doing instances for coin. I can say most will do the first 9 trials on easy mode, but past that it will be very meh for factions to complete it once the "oh it's new and pretty" phase is gone.

Well yeah, that's what I said b:chuckle
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hmm, maintenance 2 weeks in a row...something's fishy....

As for the question: I used to love TW, but my schedual only allows one solid weekend a month off work, so can't be in a TW faction anymore ( I work nights, right through tw times). The current faction I'm in is too dead to even attempt the 9 trials, since we can only muster less than 12 at any given time of day.

All in all, "neither" would be the correct answer.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well its a shame but i think the nine trials days are numbered too, I play for profit to better gear my toon.

geat fun instance, only the rewards don't match up. Infact we have several instances of content in pwi that just arent worth doing from the profit angle(lunar,warsong), not so much the fun angle.
    People will nearly always pick profit over fun.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Both actually, hard mode with trials is really challenging.b:surrender
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    wheres the forum regulars at??? b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aedrian - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Options

Daylight savings sent them to bed, I am here because I am watching Kemeko Deluxe.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xinnz - Heavens Tear
    Xinnz - Heavens Tear Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    this is taking ages, ive waited for like 8 months for this fash and i want it now :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwcalc.com/ea8859329e47bb43
    456 fashion items and counting
    #1 Adversity - tinyurl.com/Xinversity b:thanks
  • MouseKiller - Heavens Tear
    MouseKiller - Heavens Tear Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

What I want to know is where is my Hippo burger from last maint?
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    :/ waiting for something fun to discuss.
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Daylight savings sent them to bed, I am here because I am watching Kemeko Deluxe.

figures
    What I want to know is where is my Hippo burger from last maint?

was sick so i went to bed before you started posting b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MouseKiller - Heavens Tear
    MouseKiller - Heavens Tear Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    figures

was sick so i went to bed before you started posting b:surrender

bah... sickness is no excuse to be in bed... that just means you need to kick the party up a notch...