[Server Maintenance Tonight] 11-8-2011 [COMPLETE]

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Hey all,

We will be having server maintenance tonight at 11pm PST! Servers should come back online by 1am PST!

As for the maintenance question:

For those of you who have tried both the 9 Trials and Territory Wars, which one is more fun in your opinion, and why?
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• monkeyshatter
    monkeyshatter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Patch Notes Version 583
    Released November 9, 2011

Auto-Path
    The Auto-Path interface now displays its title again.
    In addition, its text has been cleaned up to be easier to understand.

Damage Rankings
    The final minute countdown's format is now consistent with the rest of the times.

Localization
    The quest text throughout Elysium Village has been made easier to read and understand.

Miscellaneous
    The Pillar pet's size has been reduced to what it originally was. It now displays a new glow effect as well.

b:thanks
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2011
    FIRST POST!!!!

And of those, not sure. I love the adrenaline rush from TW, but the Trials is really bringing the faction together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Second (IE is good for one thing...alt+s for quick post :P)

As for the 9 trails and TW....9 trails. Fun until trail 9....that one is a ***** of a lag fest with some powerhouse magic creatures :< (charm **** is a sure-in for it). Though that aside it is a fun instance, with a great profit to be made from the recast mats you can get from it.

Hoping to be able to do more 9 Trails after the reset as I'm trading a 11 hr shift at work for avoiding a school day x3
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    TW by far, already getting very hard to get enough people to do trials.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited November 2011

For those of you who have tried both the 9 Trials and Territory Wars, which one is more fun in your opinion, and why?

Why the favoritism to the small set of people who are in TW and Base owning Guilds?

Don't you realize there is a huge number of players that support PWI that don't fall in this tiny set?
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    9 trials, I dont get harassed by r9 psys there =/
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Synsae - Sanctuary
    Synsae - Sanctuary Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Dunno, haven't done either
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Silvychar
  • PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear
    PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Add The R9 Recast Mat To Cash Shop Now? Lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    TW because the trials just aren't worth it.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Well, 9 Trials are great for the moment, and the uniqueness, but will get old over time, and the cost of doing them enough to get the gear is ridiculous if you add up the totals. TW will always be one of the most dynamically played in game events, however, seeing the same tw map for 3 years is completely droll.

Suggestion: Create approximately a dozen variations of the tw map and different methods of winning them.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    tw o,o
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2011
    Suggestion: Create approximately a dozen variations of the tw map and different methods of winning them.

I like this idea. and they're chosen randomly so you have no idea going in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I like this idea. and they're chosen randomly so you have no idea going in.

I agree, that would be awesome. Sure, after a while, we'll figure out what each map does and what the goal is. But the randomization of the maps for each battle would give us an opportunity to really exercise team work and coordination.

I really like the idea as well.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    We need a recast sale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    TW by far, though i like the idea of different tw maps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    tw
    any1 has the new patch to dowload it? tys
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Manual Patch 580-583 (11.1 MB)

Feel free to download it, but don't apply it until after the servers go down if you intend to play more tonight before maintenance.
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011

My Opinion: TW.

Why: Because.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Myelene - Lost City
    Myelene - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    new patch maybe wine proof this time so Mac and Linux users jump to Win just to play or jump to another game... TW but my faction right now is too offline to do it XD
  • Sweet_kill - Heavens Tear
    Sweet_kill - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    TW by farr, nothing like a 3h defence defending against the 2nd/3rd strongest factions on the server at the same time b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enrage archer
    Wife of Anneliesse b:dirty
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    So whats teh maintainence for?
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    to maintain things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • warrioroftherose
    warrioroftherose Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    TW because the trials just aren't worth it.

^this. No need for r8 anymore, being a BM who didnt pick fist is pretty much why.b:sad But trials is still fun to play in.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Cool story bro.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    for me personaly i like trials more why its simple it isnt dominated by aps thats and it seems that for trials we have more ppl on then tw. W8ing for HH revamp with harder to kill bosses and stuff
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Before r9 was in the cash shop I would have said TW.

I've had more fun and challenge in the last week trying to finish the trials than I have in 6 months of TWs, but I am in the faction that basically annihilates anyone, even 3 way defenses in a matter of minutes. We've got TW down to a science, but watching half the faction wipe trying to figure out new challenges has been really fun.

There isn't enough interest in r8 recast, and too many players are looking for the easiest way to make the most coin the fastest (9 trials ain't that).

My answer will probably go back to "TW" in a week or 2, after everyone completely gives up on doing more than the easy mode trial.

Exciting game + boring players = boring game b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver
    MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hey all,

We will be having server maintenance tonight at 11pm PST! Servers should come back online by 1am PST!

As for the maintenance question:

Thanks for the info and thanks for the xtra xp from last postb:thanksb:thanks
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'm a pve player at heart, who is pretty horrible and squishy in pvp. As such, for now I'm liking the Trial more than TW (not that I had muh chance to work in there so far). At the very least, R8a soulsphere possible add look sexy.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    new patch maybe wine proof this time so Mac and Linux users jump to Win just to play or jump to another game... TW but my faction right now is too offline to do it XD

....and why would they cut themselves off from ~ 1/3 of their gamers?

TW theres a human opponent, and not a code running it
    I <3 A lot of people
  • PlzDontPKme - Lost City
    PlzDontPKme - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Before r9 was in the cash shop I would have said TW.

I've had more fun and challenge in the last week trying to finish the trials than I have in 6 months of TWs, but I am in the faction that basically annihilates anyone, even 3 way defenses in a matter of minutes. We've got TW down to a science, but watching half the faction wipe trying to figure out new challenges has been really fun.

There isn't enough interest in r8 recast, and too many players are looking for the easiest way to make the most coin the fastest (9 trials ain't that).

My answer will probably go back to "TW" in a week or 2, after everyone completely gives up on doing more than the easy mode trial.

Exciting game + boring players = boring game b:surrender

Yeah, I think it's kind of sad. Most people (not all) are more into doing things that will profit them instead of fun. This 9 instance isn't really good for farming coins as not many will pay more than 100 mil for an armor piece that has similar defenses as Nirvana. People were thrilled about the Caster Nirvana. Now I don't think anyone does them on a regular basis anymore - seen no more wc for them. In a few weeks, people will show less interest in the 9 trials. I myself will probably do trial 9 a few more times, and maybe once in a full moon after that for fun :)