The Belt.

Itori - Lost City
Itori - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Venomancer
Well, this probably happens in all classes but I mostly only notice venos

The r8 belt.

Why?

Why would anyone in their right mind use this?
That is really what I want to know.
And on a PVP server of all things.
Looking at adds, they aren't too bad... +150 hp, +7~8 vit, +7~8 mag..
But the fact it's an elemental belt should rule it out completely.
r8=/= r9 belt. You only get mdef from r8 belt.
In PVP you should be using P.Def orns. isnt this common sense?
In PVE... if you're gonna wear elemental orns ever.. its because they have channeling on them.
In my opinion... r8 belt is just bad. For anything. The venos who wear it only have ~1.5k pdef for some reason.. (well you know the reason XD) I had more pdef with a temporary 3* protection belt that gave almost as much HP + vit until I got Guard of Thundershock.
The fact that you get no pdef buff standing up should make you focus on improving pdef a bit more.. wizards have barrier, clerics have their buff, mystics have theirs, etc. How often are you in fox as a Arcane that you'd only consider pdef in fox?
So tell me the reason.
Tell me why whenever there is a veno with a r8 weapon...
they are also wearing a r8 belt.
(I have several theories but amuse me)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There is no shame in losing when there is no honor in winning.
Post edited by Itori - Lost City on

Comments

• Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    no luv for HA venos?
  • Itori - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    no luv for HA venos?

Well they're rarer

back when I was HA I was gonna use r8 belt, but that made sense.

The venos I see everyday are full AA.
    With a r8 belt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    With regard to HA venos... refer to my signature for my opinion on the validity of that build. <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Why would anyone in their right mind use this?
    That is really what I want to know.
    And on a PVP server of all things.
    Looking at adds, they aren't too bad... +150 hp, +7~8 vit, +7~8 mag..
    But the fact it's an elemental belt should rule it out completely.
    r8=/= r9 belt. You only get mdef from r8 belt.
    In PVP you should be using P.Def orns. isnt this common sense?

Devs get to play around with different setups. Veno is considered a caster class. Casters are considered for range mag tanking. Why use a phys belt with no +mag / +atk for range mag tanking? Why use a phys belt when mag ones have +mag,+matk, and -ch? Eruption, feral concentration, bramble hood, fox form, etc.. We really don't need all that pdef at the cost of atk.
  • Itori - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    thumbs wrote: »
    Devs get to play around with different setups. Veno is considered a caster class. Casters are considered for range mag tanking. Why use a phys belt with no +mag / +atk for range mag tanking? Why use a phys belt when mag ones have +mag,+matk, and -ch? Eruption, feral concentration, bramble hood, fox form, etc.. We really don't need all that pdef at the cost of atk.

1. LA classes get EVASION belt. What do they need that for, evasion tanking? Is it time to shard full evasion just cause the devs gave you something?
    Plus I use CHANNELING orns... for tigers event. Score in top ten pretty much every week.
    2. Tanking implies you can hold aggro.
    3. eruption.. what? 3 sec immune? not like we get 25% reduced damage if we use sage version. Feral = 5 min cooldown, hood costs two sparks and unless you can **** those out constantly every 30 sec no point in considering it your solid pdef, fox form means you cant use your mag attacks smart one.
    4. Ever done TW or been on a PVP server.... forget it I love venos with r8 belt, they die so fast.

Stupid question = Stupid answers. /thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Thank you for giving me another good reason not to go rank despite all the brouhahah on rank gear especially on my veno

Bottom line: most of veno rank gear suck, I'm already way too weary of my fac mates yammering about their patakasb:shutup
  • Itori - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Thank you for giving me another good reason not to go rank despite all the brouhahah on rank gear especially on my veno

Bottom line: most of veno rank gear suck, I'm already way too weary of my fac mates yammering about their patakasb:shutup

Eh I'm r8. The pataka has like, 1 bad add and thats the p.atck.. 4% crit.. dont have to explain why thats good, even though every class's r8 weap has it, and pdef... oh wait apparently pdef is bad thats why you need to wear r8 belt to even it out?

the chest + legs is the same grade as hh99. This is decent until you move on to NV/r9(possibly r8 recast? unno) Venos are also the only caster class with like.. non-fail pants which adds phys res, not +mp, or mg regen, or something like that. Unless you think pdef sucks in which case ditch the pants.

(Also the reason they talk about their patakas so much is coz most venos are dudes)
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Disregard thumbs, he plays in the past.
    His comments are justified to an extent because that's how venos were at one point.

Hell, the original venos were designed not to tank ANYTHING.
    But yes, venos have something about them that makes them appealing to all people - regardless of their demand in PVE and PVP.

This causes them to be made, poweleveled, and cash-shopped by people with no clue of how to play.
  • Marista - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    His comments are justified to an extent because that's how venos were at one point.

But yes, venos have something about them that makes them appealing to all people - regardless of their demand in PVE and PVP.

This causes them to be made, poweleveled, and cash-shopped by people with no clue of how to play.

More likely, he's just a troll. Anyone who posts without a character avatar is probably hiding that he/she has no real basis for their statements because they have no character of significance, or because they don't want their actual character to be associated with something said as a troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tfi2f
    tfi2f Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I just found out I'm a troll b:cry
  • DraknessDuir - Sanctuary
    DraknessDuir - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I don't know why you see them on your server, on Sanctuary server most of the ones I see are either wering the OHT final belt or the archangel ornament set.

As regards to the pataka, it kicks ****, and fyi, I'm not a guy b:cute
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    More likely, he's just a troll. Anyone who posts without a character avatar is probably hiding that he/she has no real basis for their statements because they have no character of significance, or because they don't want their actual character to be associated with something said as a troll.

People who just resort to petty insults are probably just pedophiles. They feel so disgusting about themselves that they just resort to insulting other people to make themselves feel better. I'd just ignore Marista and keep your children off the internet because of people like them.

Disregard Aijou. They make assumptions like my gender. They play in the present where we imbue DoT's, DoD's, JoSD's, and could give a **** about the necklace being a factor in going rank 8. Most of us went for the Pataka and Shirt. The belt should be evaluated based on cost after obtaining rank 8.
    1. LA classes get EVASION belt. What do they need that for, evasion tanking? Is it time to shard full evasion just cause the devs gave you something?
    Plus I use CHANNELING orns... for tigers event. Score in top ten pretty much every week.
    2. Tanking implies you can hold aggro.
    3. eruption.. what? 3 sec immune? not like we get 25% reduced damage if we use sage version. Feral = 5 min cooldown, hood costs two sparks and unless you can **** those out constantly every 30 sec no point in considering it your solid pdef, fox form means you cant use your mag attacks smart one.
    4. Ever done TW or been on a PVP server.... forget it I love venos with r8 belt, they die so fast.

Stupid question = Stupid answers. /thread

1) Wookies are from Endor. Should we kill wookies just because they're from Endor?
    2) butt loving implies you bring the lube
    3) Stupid nubs wouldn't know anything about 900x vs 700x or practical use of survival skills would they?
    4) Ever moved out of your parent's basement?
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    yea on my HA veno i use this belt. but if i were an arcane user i wouldnt since they dont need the extra magical defenses. just like on my mystic, i dont use that rank 8 belt either. find another belt, such as the OHT one or something, that gives physical defense instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited November 2011

He has a lvl 103 veno on Heaven's Tear , same faction as my sin.

Tweakz/thumbs isnt inexperienced , just biased over arguements that used to exist some years ago , when venos were at their prime. When he is in good mode , his informatin and experience is quite viable-friendly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Tweakz/thumbs isnt inexperienced , just biased over arguements that used to exist some years ago , when venos were at their prime. When he is in good mode , his informatin and experience is quite viable-friendly.

and that is where the cusp of all of this came from. the environment for venos now has changed so much. gone were the days where we are actually feared with or without a qqbird, no matter what armor we wear and we were the top moneymaker class in all servers.

i do find some of is info very useful (the petless lure is one thing i teach from some venos in my fac that i learned from him).

but when i want to keep up to date nowadays on venos i now rely more on the veteran venos in my server that i have connections with since they are more attuned to the environment around them pvp and pve wise rather than someone that is bound by the past that is slowly vanishing away not only for us venos but for all caster classes after the rise of the aps toons.

nothing wrong with reaching out for knowledge, it's a perfect world after all
  • Itori - Lost City
    edited November 2011

so... whens the last time that happend?
    You say one simple thing and 'it' seems to troll you. You could be on 'its' side and 'it' might still tell you you're wrong, until its arguments deteriorate into nothing.

I just wanted to make this thread cause I could not see why so many venos on my server used this belt. When questioning one the answer was "I like my r8 belt." Thats it. Wondering if anyone would actually to to defend it, or if there are reasonable venos out there. And I guess I mostly play with pvp in mind, ran out of new things to do in 'pve' until trials came out.

I already know why venos wear the belt. The same reason they have lvl 40-60 nixes... the same reason they either have a money making main or plain cashshop. The same reason I never want another veno in my squad that I dont know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marista - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    thumbs wrote: »
    People who just resort to petty insults are probably just pedophiles. They feel so disgusting about themselves that they just resort to insulting other people to make themselves feel better. I'd just ignore Marista and keep your children off the internet because of people like them.

If children are to stay off the internet, then you shouldn't be here yourself. My argument is not an ad hominem, because the personal attack involved is not irrelevant to the issue of the validity of your views. And, indeed, in that context, making an attack on you personally in the realm of whether you present information with any value or seriousness, is justified, and I have made a claim in regard to that--that you use a non-character avatar to either hide your lack of basis, or to prevent your rather belligerent presentation of poor information separate from your character--which you have not addressed, but rather replied to only with an effectively irrelevant accusation of ad hominem.

At least, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and attribute your rather pedantic accusation to that purpose, rather than to you in turn attempting to make an argument which is a classical example of that very fallacy which I speak of. Although I am not a pedophile, the accusation of such is entirely unrelated to the topic at hand, and if it is serious, is a prime example of such an illogical argument. In either case, your argument is entirely worthless.

Furthermore, in the case of a subject of unknown gender, either he or she may be used under some grammatical conventions. Thus, your assumption that assumptions are being made about your gender are invalid, but I will be happy to refer to you as "it," if such is your preference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tfi2f
    tfi2f Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I guess nobody cares about me being a troll? b:avoid

I was hoping it'd be sensational \o/