Psy VS Mysy !!!

BlackMorder - Raging Tide
BlackMorder - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Psychic
Hi guys
I've made this topic to make a conversation with others, in connection to PVE and PVP against Mystics. plz say your opinions and the ways that you use to kill a mystic ;) ..
so all can see your opinions and all can use the experiences in pvp or pve.
we can solve our problems and weak points against another squishy of server :P .
Btw i suppose Mystics are a lil tricky, but not impossible to kill, and even easy in a way.
So start your engines and explain, how u killed a Mysy :P b:laughb:victory
b:laugh
Post edited by BlackMorder - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Make yourself use will if we have a devil out, to immune to the stun.

Use soulburn on us.

Stay away from our sleep plants, normal attack is vengence, lysing, absorb soul... which usually ends up killing you.

White voodoo is horrible.

Stun is your best skill against us.

Soul of retail isn't that great, soul of stunning serves a more practical use.

Pop a DoT on our pets, 2 ticks from a lvl 10 torrent = dead summon.

I cannot stress how many psychics can't kill through my heal, this is why soulburn or stun work so well.
  • XKi - Lost City
    XKi - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If u cant kill a mystic, then you should reroll a class that you can easily faceroll with. b:bye
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If u cant kill a mystic, then you should reroll a class that you can easily faceroll with. b:bye

Sincher's.

b:laugh
  • XEgocentrism - Harshlands
    XEgocentrism - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    From personal experience from tw and pvp and pk i rely alot on my genie to take down a mystic, the way I take a mystic down is as soon as a mystic attacks I hit Nulify Poison on my genie, I have Nullify Poison lvl 10 so that gives me 7 seconds of immunity since Mystics magic attacks are all wood-damage based and Nullify Poison makes me Immune to wood fer a total of 7 seconds I have just become immune to all magic attacks from a mystic, I am sage and i have sage psychics will so after Nullify Poison i hit Psychics Will, so bascically now I have just become Immune to any attacks from a mystic's pets fer 10 sec, after I do that i try to kill the mystic as fast as I can, mystics tend to have low hp so if i use a regular 1 spark, then use Landslide they're basically dead because that will take out all their hp without a chance to heal, if they're attacking from a distance my best option is Sandball Clash or Glacial Shards to stun/silence them and then kill them with Aqua impact/Spirit Blast
  • LiquidAcid - Lost City
    LiquidAcid - Lost City Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Well from personal experience in TW against mystic are easy to kill. All I do is hit F1 or F2, I'm sure once Rank 9 is out for EG i will worry but till then no.
  • evolution1234
    evolution1234 Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Well from personal experience in TW against mystic are easy to kill. All I do is hit F1 or F2, I'm sure once Rank 9 is out for EG i will worry but till then no.

exactly, rank 9 mystic will kick ***.
  • Lost_Soul - Raging Tide
    Lost_Soul - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    exactly, rank 9 mystic will kick ***.

sorry, but us psychic's will always take down you mystics :Pb:victory
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2011

not when absorb soul bypasses all of our buffs (including psy will) and ignores att/deff lvls be warned when EG get r9 no one will ever complain about psy's ever again (as exceedingly rare that is)
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    not when absorb soul bypasses all of our buffs (including psy will) and ignores att/deff lvls be warned when EG get r9 no one will ever complain about psy's ever again (as exceedingly rare that is)
    sad but true QQ
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Khiren - Lost City
    Khiren - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    From personal experience from tw and pvp and pk i rely alot on my genie to take down a mystic, the way I take a mystic down is as soon as a mystic attacks I hit Nulify Poison on my genie, I have Nullify Poison lvl 10 so that gives me 7 seconds of immunity since Mystics magic attacks are all wood-damage based and Nullify Poison makes me Immune to wood fer a total of 7 seconds I have just become immune to all magic attacks from a mystic, I am sage and i have sage psychics will so after Nullify Poison i hit Psychics Will, so bascically now I have just become Immune to any attacks from a mystic's pets fer 10 sec, after I do that i try to kill the mystic as fast as I can, mystics tend to have low hp so if i use a regular 1 spark, then use Landslide they're basically dead because that will take out all their hp without a chance to heal, if they're attacking from a distance my best option is Sandball Clash or Glacial Shards to stun/silence them and then kill them with Aqua impact/Spirit Blast

Have to correct there, even without pets there are still two ways without genie to hit without wood damage. Absorb soul, which will do nonmagic damage (AKA counts as physical), despite its obscene channel time (helped by -chan skill) and the unconventional lysing, which is rare to see used for its damage, but the damage is a nice bonus on top of the plants' effects. Creeper would decrease your defenses and cast speed, spidervine would hurt your attack power, and listless can sleep you for 13s, more than enough to wait for your immunity to wear off.

Not saying it's an end-all tactic, just that it's something to consider. I like your strategy, it's fresh and would easily keep a mystic thinking and kill them if they didn't figure out what was happening or stay on their toes, but it has its loopholes.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The only thing i've found to be good against mystics is just kill them before they notice me xD

Otherwise I have a fight on my hands :/
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Obviously never fought a mystic who knows what psy buffs do?

I'm not sure what mystics you have been fighting but if anyone uses Nullify Poison I would either just kite them or summon a sleep pet on them and spam heal myself if kiting is not an option, and it is very unlikely that they would stun me during their nullify time but if they do, well I have a genie too :b Psychic Will will only save you from devil, but personally I rarely use devil in PvP except when I need to avoid gank or against someone I can finish fast anyway. Storm will still hurt you during psy will, but I find salvation to be most useful against psys(or maybe fish in general). Just park her somewhere she won't get aoed and I get a free 3k dmg shield every 15 seconds :b You could kill her, but that obviously leaves you open to my own attacks...
    Have to correct there, even without pets there are still two ways without genie to hit without wood damage. Absorb soul, which will do nonmagic damage (AKA counts as physical), despite its obscene channel time (helped by -chan skill) and the unconventional lysing, which is rare to see used for its damage, but the damage is a nice bonus on top of the plants' effects. Creeper would decrease your defenses and cast speed, spidervine would hurt your attack power, and listless can sleep you for 13s, more than enough to wait for your immunity to wear off.

Absorb Soul does inflict physical dmg, but it kinda works like an instant 1 tick physical dmg DoT with a certain elemental impact. This is why absorb soul goes through psy will and expel, but certain mobs like Kun Kun and Staunch Worms resist it. I'm not sure which element because I have never tested it, but I heard nullify poison doesn't block it so my next guess would be heart of steel. Also, the lysing dmg for plants is actually wood dmg for listless at least, which imo is really the only plant worth lysing in PvP so if they have nullify poison up, it not only blocks the negligible wood dmg, but they don't get slept either, it really is best to play defensive when the opponent is immune. Also, listless lyse sleeps for 12 seconds, not 13.

From my experience playing mystic psys are one of the easiest classes to beat especially when equally geared, and while playing a psy they are really frustrating to fight mostly because they can not only heal most of their hp in less than a second, but also because the falling petals buff helps them survive earth vecter easily. One strategy that I have not personally tried would be(assuming you have full chi) use Tide Spirit, use an earth skill like sandburst, then with your increased channeling, slip in a surprise soulburn. Since after taking the increased dmg earth attack they're first reaction would be to heal, they also will have no way to see and prepare for the incoming soulburn insta-casted. Never tried it personally, but I could see it working.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Khiren - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Absorb Soul does inflict physical dmg, but it kinda works like an instant 1 tick physical dmg DoT with a certain elemental impact. This is why absorb soul goes through psy will and expel, but certain mobs like Kun Kun and Staunch Worms resist it. I'm not sure which element because I have never tested it, but I heard nullify poison doesn't block it so my next guess would be heart of steel. Also, the lysing dmg for plants is actually wood dmg for listless at least, which imo is really the only plant worth lysing in PvP so if they have nullify poison up, it not only blocks the negligible wood dmg, but they don't get slept either, it really is best to play defensive when the opponent is immune. Also, listless lyse sleeps for 12 seconds, not 13.

Went with ecatomb on listless' sleep time, my bad. ^^ Haven't really had a PvP situation where I needed to test that yet. And as for the wood damage on lysing, interesting. Maybe only sting is physical? And even then, its lyse may be wood(lolrite, like anyone uses sting often)... That's something good for me to check out. :3

And yeah, I knew that about absorb. :3 It's one of the handiest PvP skills we have so far as going through defenses. The few psys I've fought have had no luck with that. ;3
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Actually no, my bad, it is 13... Idk what I must've been smoking. <.<; Although in real time it technically is 12 because the durations of debuffs like seals and stuns that don't last very long last about a second less than their description says, really noticeable for FoW and lvl 11 storm mistress seal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scorf_Wade - Sanctuary
    Scorf_Wade - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Well i find most of the comments here weird and gotta admit only 1 real psychic replied this thread , speaking of absorb soul , for those mystics who say its physical guess what its not ,l as it bypasses psychic will. But despite this move being superior , most of the people forgot its channeling , even if you can speed it a psychic with black voodo , tide spirit and a successful stunning earth vector can handle the rest of your Hp with any last hit , about the guys that speak about soulburn , well alright i agree the move is amazing but to be honest a real soulburn can be achieved with a +12 weapon and yea its very nasty , now to the last point i rarely find a psychic using that superior skill Disturb Soul , this can badly badly turn the tables. Increasing Channeling time of the opponent by 100% actually makes a mystic's absorb soul or heal look like a real slow-mo replay.
    Returning to the main point of the thread dueling a mystic would be one of those
    1-black voodo , soul of retailation , Tide Spirit at (3..2..1) , Earth Vector , step a lil back , Crystal light , just put anything left to win the duel (maybe Glacial Shards)
    2-white voodo , soul of stunning , psy will , soulburn , disturb soul , earth vector , switch to black , back a bit , crystal light , and kill

of course some of the mystics can bypass those steps but not the most and still they will have a hard time beating you
  • Khiren - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Well i find most of the comments here weird and gotta admit only 1 real psychic replied this thread , speaking of absorb soul , for those mystics who say its physical guess what its not ,l as it bypasses psychic will. But despite this move being superior , most of the people forgot its channeling , even if you can speed it a psychic with black voodo , tide spirit and a successful stunning earth vector can handle the rest of your Hp with any last hit , about the guys that speak about soulburn , well alright i agree the move is amazing but to be honest a real soulburn can be achieved with a +12 weapon and yea its very nasty , now to the last point i rarely find a psychic using that superior skill Disturb Soul , this can badly badly turn the tables. Increasing Channeling time of the opponent by 100% actually makes a mystic's absorb soul or heal look like a real slow-mo replay.
    Returning to the main point of the thread dueling a mystic would be one of those
    1-black voodo , soul of retailation , Tide Spirit at (3..2..1) , Earth Vector , step a lil back , Crystal light , just put anything left to win the duel (maybe Glacial Shards)
    2-white voodo , soul of stunning , psy will , soulburn , disturb soul , earth vector , switch to black , back a bit , crystal light , and kill

of course some of the mystics can bypass those steps but not the most and still they will have a hard time beating you
    The point was not "OMG MYSTICS PWN PSYS TROLLOLOLOLOLOL," if you actually read what mystics said, we were just defending the "mystics are not simply punching bags" side of this. Absorb soul does do physical damage. It is not a physical attack, but since it is "non elemental" damage, it counts as physical. The fact that it bypasses psychic will, absolute domain, plume shell, etc. is because it is not a physical attack. Nobody said it was. It does physical damage, but in the form of a DoT tick most likely.

Yeah, +12 psys can destroy just about everything. On equal playing fields, however, psys are not guaranteed a victory. Duels are not open PvP, so don't compare it like that. You don't know if or when a fight will start, who starts it, what buffs are had, etc. You also seem to forget that, even if you can slow a mystic's channel, they can sleep you for 13 seconds, stun you, seal you, shove you too far away to use your close-range attacks, gain immunity to stuns/etc. along with higher crit/higher m.attack/a damage absorbing shield depending on their pet.

I am not saying that a mystic can destroy a psy any time, but you are extremely closed-minded about how PvP works and are very biased towards your class. The most challenging thing about fighting a mystic would most likely be that they have so many options on how to go about fighting you, so you do not always know what to do. Do a bit of research and you will be better equipped to fight decent mystic players; as you currently are, I expect you to get facerolled by a competent player. And since you were talking about duels, when I duel for practices, I tend to test out different tactics against each class. A mystic in a duel can absorb their pet before it starts to avoid initial stuns (stuns are common opening moves) or plan to use their pet to deal damage while you attack the mystic themselves. They could drop a plant before anything starts to give themselves a basic IH stack (vital herb stacks its heals). There are a wide variety of options, and you don't consider nearly any of them aside from your basic "I'll stun them and roflstomp. Duel/fight over."
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2011

C'mon Scorf, an ineffective Psy Will is no cause to conclude a skill isn't dealing physical damage. Psy Will is no more effective with Soulburn, which is also physical damage.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Not sure why people would bother responding to Scorf's post. The fact that he thinks using disturb soul right after soulburn and vecter right after that is an effective strategy shows that he'd come off as a very clumsy PvPer if you saw him pking. Not to mention that he would rely on skills like glacial shards and crystal light for DDing a mystic or even consider using white voodoo against one also discredits his post quite a bit. And let's not forget the fact that he's one of those people who would list a chain of skills and expect everything to go his way and seems the think that none of his opponents have or know how to use a genie. It's funny because just a thicket or listless is enough to shut both of these strategies down, while he would do virtually nothing to the mystic if they had leeched salvation earlier. Soulburn is easily kited. Too close? Bramble Tornado channels faster :b
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Khiren - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Not sure why people would bother responding to Scorf's post. The fact that he thinks using disturb soul right after soulburn and vecter right after that is an effective strategy shows that he'd come off as a very clumsy PvPer if you saw him pking. Not to mention that he would rely on skills like glacial shards and crystal light for DDing a mystic or even consider using white voodoo against one also discredits his post quite a bit. And let's not forget the fact that he's one of those people who would list a chain of skills and expect everything to go his way and seems the think that none of his opponents have or know how to use a genie. It's funny because just a thicket or listless is enough to shut both of these strategies down, while he would do virtually nothing to the mystic if they had leeched salvation earlier. Soulburn is easily kited. Too close? Bramble Tornado channels faster :b

I was wondering about why he would be using his water spells as well...b:sweat And agreed about the white voodoo; if he wants to sound so knowledgeable about AS, he might as well learn what it does. xD

My reasoning for rarely posting PvP tactics on the forums is that they're extremely subjective to your opponent's skills as well. On the flip-side of that, that's also why I tend to correct obviously ignorant people; PvP is not a pure science, you can't predict things, things don't always go your way, and if you're obviously completely oblivious to the class you're fighting... you deserve to be brought down off your high horse. b:cute

As a mystic, psys are fun for me to fight. There are so many things they can do differently, and adapting to that is beyond entertaining. I honestly look forward to doing lots of PvP with mine when I get some good funding going and level her some more (currently focusing on sin for farming. ;__; Sin was my original class though, besides a lv20ish veno when I first downloaded, so I didn't love it for the APS. xP).
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Well, got nullify poison today and it helps a lot. Feels really good to have a much easier time with mystics on a psy now. All it does really is give you some time to wait through petals and stun with vector while they don't have the HoT. Also, didn't think this would be necessary to say till I read scorf's post, but always use earth skills unless you want to immobilize or get another aoe on pets and no white voodoo lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Demon mystics...r9 +12 ones with max channeling combo u can thru 3 absorb soul in a row (with demon spark) no psy can live even in white voodoo..
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Demon mystics...r9 +12 ones with max channeling combo u can thru 3 absorb soul in a row (with demon spark) no psy can live even in white voodoo..

coming from an R9 psy from my server you comment just sounds plain dumb actually.

here's you answer to your survival..ONESHOT THEM!
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    coming from an R9 psy from my server you comment just sounds plain dumb actually.

here's you answer to your survival..ONESHOT THEM!

r9s can't one shot r9s. Especially when its a psy vs another arcane...

But then again, you should know that...
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited November 2011
    r9s can't one shot r9s. Especially when its a psy vs another arcane...

But then again, you should know that...

Dude if you're talking about luci here he's R9 +12 EVERYTHING.

He oneshots everything.

So it's plain dumb for him or he's obviously trolling if he says he's scared of sissy mysticsb:bye
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Dude if you're talking about luci here he's R9 +12 EVERYTHING.

He oneshots everything.

So it's plain dumb for him or he's obviously trolling if he says he's scared of sissy mysticsb:bye

No, what you don't get is that we are talking about EQUAL GEAR.

http://pwcalc.com/5dacfe8bd5ac69b6

That is a r9 mystic, I really do doubt luci can just up and one shot him. BTW, the buff on the mystic is only level 10(demon/sage isn't on calc). Even then, if the mystic had half a brain, he would have trouble at all. Other arcanes are just naturally the weakness of psys (due to their lack of physical damage). ok maybe not venos considering nix is useless nowadays :S
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • gunslot
    gunslot Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Question, is the dmg absorbed by retaliation reduced in PvP or not? Since it's technically not dmg.

Also idk why people always say that absorb soul can go through AD... It can't. I heard that it can in duels, but I know as a fact that AD works on it in open PvP.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    gunslot wrote: »
    Question, is the dmg absorbed by retaliation reduced in PvP or not? Since it's technically not dmg.

Also idk why people always say that absorb soul can go through AD... It can't. I heard that it can in duels, but I know as a fact that AD works on it in open PvP.

It would make more sense if it did.
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    gunslot wrote: »

Yes, both damage absorbed, and damage reflected by retaliation is affected by pvp. Additionally, both of these values, along with damage reflected by retaliation, are ALSO affected by attack level, therefor voodoos make a big difference.

In general, going black voodoo will be more affective at getting SoR to absorb a smaller amount of damage, and white voodoo better for high damage, even though black means SoR absorbs more.
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    Arctix - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    No, what you don't get is that we are talking about EQUAL GEAR.

http://pwcalc.com/5dacfe8bd5ac69b6

That is a r9 mystic, I really do doubt luci can just up and one shot him. BTW, the buff on the mystic is only level 10(demon/sage isn't on calc). Even then, if the mystic had half a brain, he would have trouble at all. Other arcanes are just naturally the weakness of psys (due to their lack of physical damage). ok maybe not venos considering nix is useless nowadays :S

http://pwcalc.com/70515458c1d7c888

Atleast that can bypass 12k hp with a triple spark soul smasher
    edited November 2011
    http://pwcalc.com/70515458c1d7c888

Atleast that can bypass 12k hp with a triple spark soul smasher

yummy...nothing can possibly survive this