What classes do you consider popular and rare?

Options
_Dakari_ - Heavens Tear
_Dakari_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
I'm curious for what you all think/see. I see Clerics and Sins a lot, but I rarely see Archer and Psy and they are very good classes. Wizards too. Anybody else notice any classes that are almost never seen?
Post edited by _Dakari_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Sins and BMs over populate the server, me thinks. APS, APS, APS @.@ As for rarest, i'd have to say that I don't run in to many archers, venos, or wizzies. I asked a similar question a long time ago, but mroe along the lines of what class is your main. The intent was the same though. I found in-game class distrubution was different that the forums. At least from personal experience.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=13860901#post13860901

I think it would be interesting to run this poll again and see if the results are the same, at some point. :P

edit: Also, that thread is dead so please do not post in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Arayylia - Heavens Tear
    Arayylia - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Sins and BMs over populate the server, me thinks. APS, APS, APS @.@ As for rarest, i'd have to say that I don't run in to many archers, venos, or wizzies. I asked a similar question a long time ago, but mroe along the lines of what class is your main. The intent was the same though. I found in-game class distrubution was different that the forums. At least from personal experience.

I think it would be interesting to run this poll again and see if the results are the same, at some point. :P

My main is a 63 veno, and if you go to LC you see tons of them, but other than that venos are pretty rare. I remember a few months ago all i saw were mystic pets everywhere. >_> Sins are everywhere too. I never thought about it but yeah i suppose I do see BMs a lot
    edited November 2011
    Options

Btw interesting forum, you should do it again in the future and see the results then :)
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Funny enough I like playing these rare classes the most... Got a Veno and an Archer as my mains... Bad thing is they're also kinda unpopular thus getting into squads is hard... I think Wizzards are the most rarest class out here I think... Haven't seen one in any squad lately... Archers (especialy archers not using claws for APS instead of bows) and Psychics share a 2nd place and Veno's have the 3rd place of being the rarest...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Popularity:

- Sins everywhere, more than any other class...
    - BMs everywhere, this i believe is the 2nd place.
    - Clerics, I see a lot of clerics as well, not as many as sins and bms though.
    - Seeker, not as many but I do see a lot of them.
    - Barb, not many but still a considerable amount of em running around, though, most of them with aps.
    - Wiz, sadly not many wizards its a wonderfull class.
    - Archer, not as many, yet pretty popular.
    - Veno, again, not many of em rolling.
    - Mystic, I rarely see these around, one or two at times but no more than that, think I only know like 3-4 mystics which do have other toons appart of it.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Right now, it's pretty balanced out in the number of people playing whatever class at a given time of day.

For the first ~6 months after the tideborn expansion, there were no Barbs.

Sins probably are the most played, wiz, psy, or barbs possibly the least.

Archers I don't see many of, but they're out there, especially since they can 5.0 if they want (even the sage ones) b:avoid
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Elementous - Momaganon
    Elementous - Momaganon Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I like being a rarity b:laugh
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    and this OP my dear gamers is a complete NOOB

when he doesnt know such simple anwser of his question its completly obvious NOOB
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    and this OP my dear games is a complete NOOB

when he doesnt know such simple anwser of his question its completly obvious NOOB

Better to be a noob than an idiot, which is the category you have placed yourself in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Popularity:

- Barb, not many but still a considerable amount of em running around, though, most of them with aps.
    - Mystic, I rarely see these around, one or two at times but no more than that, think I only know like 3-4 mystics which do have other toons appart of it.
    You forgot on physic. I think this is most rare class now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Popular:

Anything that can get APS so:

Sin
    BM
    Barb
    Archer

Rare:

Cleric
    Barb (Non-APS)
    Veno (It's almost like an extint class ._.)
    Mystic/Seeker (Don't see as many as when the class was first released, mainly suggesting people chose them as alts and not new mains)
    Psychic...Not many of them, but the one's who are around are r9 +12 or near that and god do they hurt x.x
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Am I the only one who gets slightly tickled when people characterize 5.0/4.0 chars simply as "APS" and low aps chars as "non-APS" ?

well anyway, archers are not uncommon. On the contrary they are very common. Many assassins on my server who were in large TW facs made archers to replace their sins because of the obvious effectiveness of a R9 archer in TW. They are quite easy to play in TW with a highly refined weapon. Most would summarize the gameplay of R9 archers in TW as tab, quickshot, tab, quickshot(although IMHO they should be doing a bit more than this >.>).

Any caster class without a direct(non DD) party role is uncommon, aka wizards and psychics. Mystics still haven't quite worn off their novelty so it is hard to judge if they can keep up their current popularity. Seekers were fairly common as well because they were wanted in end game activities such as Delta and Heavy Gooning,(as well as stilll being fairly new) and I also gained a new respect for this class since facing well played, well geared seekers in TW. With the godly stats R9 gives, this class may have potential to become quite popular but only time will tell.

Sins and Bms, zzzzzz yea we all know this one....

Barbs.... well I'm not going to separate their popularity by builds >.> but this class is fairly popular as well. Some builds are just far less common for obvious reasons.

Clerics and Venos... These are two casters that have definite party roles. Cleric's would be the most obvious of the two so they will always be popular >.> the problem is just that they always seem to hide when you really need one. Venos are also extremely popular. How can they not be? They have a party role, they are purely a female race, they are a good noobgame-midgame type solo class, and they have tails *-* And I suppose, somewhere along the way, a fish decided to read a guide or pay attention to his surroundings for once, and realized that venos have something called amp, and that it makes **** die faster. So this even makes venos wanted even among WC vana elitist idiots (but only if its demon or sage , lol)

Haha wow, i guess i really felt like writing >.>
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Options
    blood: For barbs it's based on build....

Non-APS barbs, or in better terms: The ones who stay axe and go with a vit or str build for powerhouse damage, are rare.

APS barbs, or in better terms: The ones who have dropped their str enough to reach bare minimum for claws or fists so that they can be 4.0/5.0, are more common but nowhere near as popular as a BM or Sin.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Psychics wizzys and archers used to be rare, then all of the sins and bms spent the coins they farmed and theres hundreds of them all r9 +12 josd b:surrender

I think venos, I havent seen a veno in pk for century's
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    blood: For barbs it's based on build....

Non-APS barbs, or in better terms: The ones who stay axe and go with a vit or str build for powerhouse damage, are rare.

APS barbs, or in better terms: The ones who have dropped their str enough to reach bare minimum for claws or fists so that they can be 4.0/5.0, are more common but nowhere near as popular as a BM or Sin.

Yea but the question was, which classes do you think are rare. Vit or str/dex/whatever its still a barb.

Or else we could make subcategories for each class, after all how many HA sins you see around?
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yea but the question was, which classes do you think are rare. Vit or str/dex/whatever its still a barb.

Or else we could make subcategories for each class, after all how many HA sins you see around?

i vote arcane sins i seen heavy jsut never arcanes
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Options

Full HA or for aps purposes?

Full HA, never

Aps purposes...i've seen it. Usually it's because they main was a BM or a barb at lvl 100 with the gear so they just account stashed it and where in the process of farming the LA version :X

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • qiqers
    qiqers Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This **** adds unlimited ZEN to Perfect World! http://***********/
  • loshondarkbow
    loshondarkbow Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Everyone seems to be coming down hard on bms. What about a bm whose primary weapon was a sword? I know of only four on my server, that I know of, and only one is of sage/demon level (went sage, from what I heard). Why punish the innocent bms that don't run 5 aps? Is 2 aps too high even? Why should a bm stick with axes only? or an axe/claw build? The character isn't a lumberjack.

For the reason of this thread, I personally, have seen mainly sins, seekers, and venos. I suppose middling popularity seem to be clerics, mystics, and bms, whilst a wiz, psy, and barb would be the rarer ones. But that is solely my opinion :)
  • Malkomod - Harshlands
    Malkomod - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    From what I have seen!
    sin = most popular
    wizzard = less popular
    Not so many play caster in harshland
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Popularity:

I've seen TONS of mystics personally. But it seems we all agree that there are tons of sins and bms, and not a lot of wizzies archers and venos.
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Retired HA/AA veno with an herc. My main is now a psychic. Only play the veno for doing oht daily mostly and the occasionnal farming/helping when the psy cannot. My favorites playstyles are hybrid and heavy magic nuking, so I got them covered already.

I also find it funny when people mention all class with the exception of the psychic. Just show how we are forgotten outside of pvp. b:chuckle
  • Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver
    Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I would also have to say the archer and wizard classes on my server. Rare.
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm curious for what you all think/see. I see Clerics and Sins a lot, but I rarely see Archer and Psy and they are very good classes. Wizards too. Anybody else notice any classes that are almost never seen?

ORLY? O_o

but to answer your question (even though there' already 3 pages of replies) i do believe wizards are the rarest class
    and barbs, or maybe it's just that they disappear the moment you need one b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • Mistbelle - Sanctuary
    Mistbelle - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'd still say wizards are rare compared to every other class. But with the r8/9 sales, they're not as extinct as everyone thinks.

I'd say venos are rarer than wizards now as I rarely run into them. b:surrender

I don't see the flying chicken much anymore. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Rarest -> Wiz/Archer > Psy > Veno > Barb > Seeker/Mystic > BM > Cleric > Assassin <--Most common.

Archer's used to be very common a long time ago, but for some reason they're not really common anymore.

Wizzies have stayed the same though.

Popular:

Anything that can get APS so:

Sin
    BM
    Barb
    Archer

Rare:

Cleric
    Barb (Non-APS)
    Veno (It's almost like an extint class ._.)
    Mystic/Seeker (Don't see as many as when the class was first released, mainly suggesting people chose them as alts and not new mains)
    Psychic...Not many of them, but the one's who are around are r9 +12 or near that and god do they hurt x.x

Wizards are the real extinct class, you don't even know they exist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Right so I know when you're in a bh squad, 2 classes seem to be rare - BARB and cleric...lol

But as answer the the question, I don't see that many veno's around anymore, it's most likely because of the mytsic who just seems to have it easier - I mean can heal itself, can heal pet, has only what 3 sets of pets that don't change (ie don't have to keep levelling new pets etc), don't even really have to level pets as they level with the character.

And I also don't see that many psy's. And I think normal barbs are going extinct too, mostly aps barbs these days b:chuckle

It would be very interesting to see if PW could somehow show the amount of certain classes per server, but I'd say over lv 60/70 or so, so you don't count people that have quit ect.
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR