R8 Venomancer: Sensible or Senseless?

Options
CuTe_PoiSoN - Raging Tide
CuTe_PoiSoN - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Venomancer
Hi guys, I've been doing a lot of research but I am still getting mixed reviews about getting R8 versus TT99/Nirvy.
I would like some opinion from R8 Venomancers and those who have chosen to go Nirvy/TT99. I am purely geared towards PvE, and I was wondering what your thoughts/comments/experiences are with regard to both options.
Post edited by CuTe_PoiSoN - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    For PVE , rank 8 with good refines and shards is viable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If you think you would do the new recast r8, i.e. getting all four armour pieces recast for the set bonuses, then that might influence your decision. You can read about it here

I would look at both a full 2nd stage nirvana set, and a full recast r8 set and see which of those you like better. Then head in that direction.
  • Syedora - Sanctuary
    Syedora - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Depends on your budget or how much time and effort you're willing to spend for each. Both are viable choices for the time being. I say "for the time being" because OP gear is becoming pretty common these days.

I have retired from PWI pretty much but I still play for the fun and for my friends. I left my Venomancer with rank 8 +5 pieces and TT99 sleeves & boots +5 as well. I chose the pataka as well and made it +7 because I rely and built my Venomancer for criticals (bonuses from Demon masteries and gear). All the other is simple TT90 gold pieces or FCC gold, Warsoul helm etc. ranging from +4 to +6. Nothing to great for the current standards but still good enough to keep me alive through the majority of the things I expose my Venomancer to, that includes Delta, Metal, Nirvana etc. Skill plays a major role anyway.

So like I said, look at what you can afford or you are willing to work for and decide. Nirvana is a little better than rank 8 but takes longer to get as well as might come in more expensive since you need to get TT99 first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Desdi - Demon Venomancer ★ Aryami - Sage Cleric ★ Syedora - Sage Psychic ★
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Rank 8 + Nirv /OHT here. No **** tt99 -only good for making nirvana with.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    im glad i went rank 8 on my veno. when i was high 90s i was planning on just sticking with a good old tt99. i didnt think that going rank 8 would be worth the money since im heavy armor (i was light armor at that time though). but, even if you did get it for the weapon only its still worth it. but the arcane armor is very helpful for my build also.

and of course the dmg of the tt99 just wasnt very great at all and didnt seem to make much of a difference from my previous 2 socket tt90. you dont even need to have incredible refines on your rank 8 to notice a difference from tt99.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character