Looking for a game to cling to.

Options
grimjowjj1
grimjowjj1 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Incredibaly bored looking for a game to cling to for dear life..... please is this game noob friendly?
Post edited by grimjowjj1 on

Comments

• Ayida_ - Heavens Tear
    Ayida_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It can be but don't expect a lot of support from most people who frequent the forum. Pick a class, rad about, learn to play it and don't power level. Also pick a good server, I suggest Heavens Tear
  • grimjowjj1
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Been mmo hopping a crazy amount... so what will make me stay cuz i played it at launch for a day dnt remember much...
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    noob friendly? on heaven's tear? that a joke?

You'll get insulted by 90% of the tards i see in WC alone and B slapped like a red-headed step child. b:laugh

but find a nice faction and ignore the morons you'll be fine :P
  • grimjowjj1
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ne recommnedations for servers, classes, nething, cuz i'm going in blind.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Roll a sin.

Everyone loves sins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ayida_ - Heavens Tear
    Ayida_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    noob friendly? on heaven's tear? that a joke?

No, its not a joke. We have a fair amount of newbies in our faction and I've seen more lately. Everyone I run with goes out of their way to help.
    I do agree about finding a good faction and ignoring world chat, that goes for any server though.

I've tried a few different mmos to, keep coming back here though. I like the races, the graphics, the playing style. Character customization is top notch and the UI is simple.

I like pretty much everything except assassins, especially power leveled ones who cause party wipe.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well apparently everyone's friendly and considerate on dreamweaver..... b:surrender hell just look at the recent SP b.s.
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    il say go on HT best svr ever :D:D if you dont check WC b:chuckle
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This game can be newb friendly if your not a competative person and just wnt to go for a long fun drive and not a 10 sec race. The server you should play on will depend on your preference of playing. Do you like being beat up a ton by cash shopers and very skilled merchants ,having your face slamed into the dirt when your alittle tyke then be able to do the same when your higher in the lvls with better gear then i would say you would wnt to be on a pvp server. Id have to say ive seen more friendly people on lost city, sense its older it has a bit more people and you will have some catching up to do if you wnt to be competative. Now if you like roaming outside town with out be face planted into the ground id say you are a pve player. The pve servers id say are more newb friendly imo is heaven's tear,sanctuary,and dream weaver.

As for classes it rlly depends on what you like to do

-Blademaster-melle,crowd control,tank,great for pve
    -wizard-magic class,strong AoE's,nice to have guarding your rear in pvp
    -Archer-ranged physical atk,has nice damage with a bow
    -cleric-healer class,buffs,heals,decent atk skills,great for any party
    -venomancer-pet tamer magic class,imo an easy beginner class,has great debuffs
    -barbarians-suppose to be a tank class but l8r ig its aggro skills just dont hold a candle still nice to play tho
    -assassin-has the best damage out put in dps terms in the game but imo its alittle OP

Id tell you about the other classes but i havent gotten them high enough or havent got enough experience with them to give any decent advice. Hope you enjoy your stay with the game it should definately be a *thrill* *forces a smile*
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • ChainedFate - Lost City
    ChainedFate - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    il say go on HT best svr ever

yet had the most abuse of the SP pk incident, amusing since its the "best sever ever"
  • anwynd
    edited November 2011
    Options
    yet had the most abuse of the SP pk incident, amusing since its the "best sever ever"

every server was doing it there is no way you can prove tht HT was the worst so drop itb:bye

srry to the OP but i didnt wnt your thread to get side tracked by that comment
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If you want to cling to this game good luck. Although personaly at the beginning i found a nice faction and some friends. But now most of them left, and i have left with them because outside them, no one else has bothered to help me really. Most of my gear i have farmed hard and long by myself basically, but i got to say ever since i left i must say it feels pretty relaxing. Although all the f2p games have their own faults and cash shop imbalance so yeah really 2012 i might find another game that is real value and time for my money.

My advice go for it try it, when it gets boring and not fun leave!. Play for fun, not to win :).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Play for fun, not to win :).

if only everyone would follow tht wise set of words we would have a better gaming community b:chuckle
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    anwynd wrote: »
    if only everyone would follow tht wise set of words we would have a better gaming community b:chuckle

b:pleasedb:pleasedYup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    anwynd wrote: »

But if people followed those words their epeens wouldn't get to grow. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dreamweaver has a pretty friendly community, I think
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    grimjowjj1 wrote: »
    Incredibaly bored looking for a game to cling to for dear life..... please is this game noob friendly?
    You're a newb, not a noob.
  • WizzusChrist - Archosaur
    WizzusChrist - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    A game to cling to ? You have come to the right place, my lamb. Come...join my flock.
  • Envelope - Raging Tide
    Envelope - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    A game to cling to? A noob friendly game? Sure, perfect world international is a good choice for you...

... AS LONG AS YOU DON'T PLAN TO PVP.

Sorry if i sound pessimistic here, but if you like to pvp, don't even bother downloading the pwi client, go look for another game. If you don't pvp though, it is pretty much a decent game. Just don't roll on Lost City or Harshlands since they are pvp servers. I can't recommend the european servers either (Lothranis / Momagannon) as they are pretty much dead compared to the older servers.

As for classes, it really is a matter of taste, however you should know a few things in advance:

- Assassins are overpowered both in pve and pvp, thus there are many of them. A lot of guilds don't like to recruit assassins as they usually have a lot of them already, or don't recruit them at all.

- Magic DDs as Wizard and psychics are considered inferior in pve and therefore they have a lot of trouble getting in farming groups (i'm not saying they are inferior, but a lot of people seem to think that way).

- Clerics and Mystics have especially high costs for MP, especially Mystics.

- Barbarians are the only real tanking class in the game, but with the right gear any class can tank later on, so barbarians have some trouble end-game.