Big Wedding Issue...

Options
Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Yeah well... 2 of my friends wanted to get maried today (I have their permission to post about this)... So everyone went in and waited for the wedding to start... Only to get the message "Wedding not started"... They paid a lot to have this wedding and now they can't have it? Now I'm used to things getting messed up in this game but seriously... This screenie was taken around 14:50 server time, 20 minutes after the wedding should've started, while we where still unavailable to enter...

I wonder about what kind of excuse there is for this and if something can be done about it... They probably have to wait 2 weeks to get a lame excuse from the ticked though without getting compensated... Also are there more ppl having this problem today?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
BigHearts member... f:grin
Post edited by Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• chaytonsangel
    chaytonsangel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You aren't the only one who is ticked about it Yuna. I looked forward to their wedding when I was told about it. I really hope PWI fixes it and reimburses them so they can have the ceremony later.
  • martarosa24
    martarosa24 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ok i have been with with these friends for 1 complete week during their preparations and all for the wedd they were all happy about this and now with the server daylights saving and server crash they couldnt do their wedding they invited over 60 ppl so far as i know we were all waiting in the waiting room for the wedd to start and nothing there was no wedding plans for all this week , you guys kinda screwed up with this so i think they deserve a refund wich i doubt they wont but u should have toughted about the wedding plans for everyone .. slry b:angry and here are the screenshots . i hope the gms or devs take a look into this mess . they wait a long time for this day and now cuz of this they are sad i hope u do something about it . i came in the behalf of my friendsb:bye http://i40.tinypic.com/2co0615.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/s61y8o.jpg
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Prepare something way more serious... Enrage is in the waiting room now also waiting for another hour cause they can't get in... They'll be raged alright... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • DraknessDuir - Sanctuary
    DraknessDuir - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This happened last time clock changed time. Submit a ticket, last time people eventually got refunded.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This happened last time clock changed time. Submit a ticket, last time people eventually got refunded.

About how long will it take? Do you happen to know that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • christfire
    christfire Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It happen to me last year. Submitted a ticket. Then they had to figure out what happen and blah blah blah. took about 2 weeks to get the item to restart the wedding. cant sell it, non-tradable, non-account-stashable. me and the girl i married divorced within that 2 week frame and pwi wanted us to get back together. lmfao. they didnt even refund the money for the invites.

Edit: tbh pwi shouldnt even allow people to do the wedding chapel because this has happen every year. but tbh i would argue with them to get a full refund. only reason i didnt i was already fed up with pwi and a few players and was ready to quit anyways.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    christfire wrote: »
    me and the girl i married divorced within that 2 week frame and pwi wanted us to get back together. lmfao. they didnt even refund the money for the invites.
    Why would they? If the wedding had worked and you went on to divorce anyway, you would still be out that same coin.......
    They gave you the item to restart the wedding. Which is all you would be enititled to. Not full reimbursment because the 2 of you split up within 2 weeks.
  • christfire
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Why would they? If the wedding had worked and you went on to divorce anyway, you would still be out that same coin.......
    They gave you the item to restart the wedding. Which is all you would be enititled to. Not full reimbursment because the 2 of you split up within 2 weeks.

yes, but even if we didnt divorce we would have had to pay more coin to reinvite everyone to the wedding again. so yes we should have been reimbursted for the wedding invites which we were not. which we were enititled to.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    yes, but even if we didnt divorce we would have had to pay more coin to reinvite everyone to the wedding again. so yes we should have been reimbursted for the wedding invites which we were not. which we were enititled to.
    My apologies, I read that wrong. Yes, any invites that were invalidated by the glitch should have been reimbursed as well, I agree.
  • christfire
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My apologies, I read that wrong. Yes, any invites that were invalidated by the glitch should have been reimbursed as well, I agree.

It happens. but best advice to the couple in question. submit a ticket and dont accept their first offer and keep hounding them till they give what the couple is entitled to. Which is reimbursement to start the wedding again and all money for invites. Good luck tho and from what I seen it's about 2 week wait time for them maybe longer now tho.

edit: also they inserted the item during a maintenance.

bout as much info as i can give you. best of luck.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    they didnt even refund the money for the invites.

This seriously sucks... They invited oround 60 ppl... And both of them aren't exactly rich... So basicly they just lost all that coin and have to pay for all the invites again? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • christfire
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This seriously sucks... They invited oround 60 ppl... And both of them aren't exactly rich... So basicly they just lost all that coin and have to pay for all the invites again? b:sad

If i was them i would push the issue of reimbursing them for the coins, I didn't cause i was just sick and tired of the drama that followed and was just wanting to get it over, but pretty much sums it up if they dont push for it they wont get it.
  • Titsania - Lost City
    Titsania - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Happened to us. We scheduled a wedding for the day after time change and couldn't get married in the chapel. We did get back the banquet thing for a do-over in fact I ended up with 2 but did not get reimbursed for any invitations sent out... We ended up not even doing the chapel wedding (still married) just because people were burned out after giving up so much time waiting for the first time and then waiting another hour in case that fixed it which it didn't. Easiest way to fix this would be X out all wedding times for a day or 2 after time change so the computer clocks fix themselves.
  • Cy_Anara - Dreamweaver
    Cy_Anara - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b:angry
    i was supposed to be married as well today, wouldnt work-ppl waited for 3 hrs!
    just unacceptable >.< went to submit a support ticket and cant even access that because its "down for maint"
    i feel for your friends! i hope this gets fixed soon.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This has happened both years that the chapel has been up (last and this)during 2x. In order to stop this from happening they should not allow anyone to plan weddings after day light savings time within the month leading up to it. Then once the server is reset, allow people to start planning. Since this is something that they obviously can't/won't fix, it needs to be posted about prior to daylight savings time. But lets get real, even if they sent out mass emails about this kind of stuff, people still wouldn't read them.

Submit your ticket, and allow them to work it. They will eventually set it right; well, mostly right.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b:angry
    i was supposed to be married as well today, wouldnt work-ppl waited for 3 hrs!
    just unacceptable >.< went to submit a support ticket and cant even access that because its "down for maint"
    i feel for your friends! i hope this gets fixed soon.

I hope it'll get fixed for you too soon... b:sad

@FatalFem: Agreed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Wedding glitches are known issues and sadly its like pulling teeth to get them to do anything about them. Fixing the system would be the best idea but we all know how they refuse to fix glitches in this game. Best thing is to send tickets. Pain in the rear I know but after a stack of progressively angry tickets they will eventually listen. Sad that since they know the wedding set up is broken you have to fight to get what you payed for. It took a month and me threatening to call their offices because the person dealing with the tickets apparently was not even bothering to read past the line "our wedding glitched".

As for compensation all we received was a set of the items to redo the chapel service so I would not hold my breath waiting for any type of coin compensation for the invites.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This seems to happen every single time they have to reset the clocks for Daylight Savings. =/ Just have them send a ticket, and PWI will...eventually...take care of it. =/
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Swampfoot - Raging Tide
    Swampfoot - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    BUMPING

Since they ignored the help tickets filed on this issue and the threads in TECH Support section.

Makes you feel like a valued customer when they take yer money for the event and then disappear when there is a problem.

Come at least SOMEBODY official acknowledge they messed up and caused issues for many of the players that financially support the game.