human/veno/elven thinktank solution

kthalla003
kthalla003 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Suggestion Box
I've been reading around the forums and came across a post that mentioned updating the current human/veno/winged elf races is unlikely due to the fact they were originally created in another studio. However the more recent races have superior detail graphics. I can only see this becoming more obvious a flaw over time, and thought up a suggestion to fix this issue.

My suggestion is not to 'update' the existing character specs...but to start from scratch making an 'up to current standards' human race (veno and winged elf also). Add all the wonderful detail graphics, newer hair designs, and nicer look....and then implement it into the game replacing the current ones being used.

A macro might have to be written that would convert the existing humans/winged elves/venos over, as a 'template look'...which would initially mean everyone would look the same. My suggestion to fix this side effect is to reopen the 'modify character' button for these characters for two-three weeks after the users initial log in.

Or, even simpler.....a makeover scroll or somesuch automatically dropped into those characters bags.

Lookin forward to hearing more thoughts on this!

Oh, also a note: I did not include barbarians in this because I'm sure there are significant differences for the modification issues of those type of facial structures. Making a customizable mammalian based skull structure for several animal types would be a feat to be conquered seperately.
Post edited by kthalla003 on

Comments

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    No love for the barbs?b:sad
  • kthalla003
    kthalla003 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    :) Oh yes! Definately love for the barbs too....the same type of program writing would work for redoing the barbs...but really I feel they need more customization options, and until those options are figured out, upgrading the graphics alone wont do it.

For example...it'd be great to modify ears and things for a barb...but you'd have to have a whole different setup for the wolf ears, tiger ears, panda ears, etc etc. Then if you add in things like head fur customizations (think hairdo? mane-do? for a tiger/lion) the job becomes even bigger. Then there's eyes, nose, skull structure options.... The design options interface alone would require SO much work.

Being an artist myself...I kindof have sympathy for whomever tackles the job.

I think the redo of the barbs alone is a job that would take just as much time as redoing the human/winged elf/veno altogether. I'd love to see it happen, but realistically it'd be better for PerfectWorld staff to deal with the other three races first. (in my opinion)
  • Tuff_Cookie - Raging Tide
    Tuff_Cookie - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Honestly I dont rily care about changing structure of the barb but the color is what im consernd about. Allong with makeing these changes pls alow you to change the color to the barbs fur thank you b:thanks b:cute Support !
  • turg14
    turg14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Support! BTW: Don't even bother to suggest the makeover scroll giveaway since it is a cash-shop item b:surrender. What is more likely to happen is the modify button opened for a limited time (just like their sales) And whoever that misses it will have to use the makeover scroll to update their character. fantasy\ And back to the reality on greedy pwi world this will never happen since you can make your char look better bia cash-shop. I'll leave the rest to you. b:pleased

But again I support this and I'm not trolling just saying the truth about PWI which is not bad because this is a business and business works this way :)

Cheers: Turg
  • GaurdianMira - Archosaur
    GaurdianMira - Archosaur Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Total overhaul of the old races? Yes pls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]