Myst Chips and Dq Rewards

Options
NecroTwist - Sanctuary
NecroTwist - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
i was just wondering why Myst Chips were removed from the DQ rewards. theyve never been tradeable so i dont see how it relates to the Medals of Glory bug that we got punished for. The only thing i can think of is that they decided that they would make more money by only allowing you to aquire them yourselves in any useable quantity only by purchasing them in the Boutique. Im not talking about buying from other ppl, thats fine, but when i first started going for Rank 9, i logged on to my rewards page and discovered there was only 1 single useful item left (Makeover Scroll).

Why do they have to nerf every single useful thing they bring into the game?

sorry off topic, lol, back to the original question, why were chips removed?
I tried to add a signature here thats not even as big as some. but it kept resizing to make it illegible, so **** it
Post edited by NecroTwist - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You said it yourself, money.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Weren't chips a terrible option anyway? You'd do much better selling off your DQ to other players and buying chips with coins.

The reason that they were removed from the DQ rewards was probably as a token effort to appease PW china, who got in a tiff about PWI making endgame content too available. It had no real effect other than to make it look as if they were doing something about the problem
  • NecroTwist - Sanctuary
    NecroTwist - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ok that sounds like a legitimate reason, but theres been a sale for a month now. i would say thats far more achievable then grinding for dq
    I tried to add a signature here thats not even as big as some. but it kept resizing to make it illegible, so **** it
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ok that sounds like a legitimate reason, but theres been a sale for a month now. i would say thats far more achievable then grinding for dq

Hehe, welcome to PWI, where truth is rarer than a Red TT mat drop.
  • SomebodyTwo - Lost City
    SomebodyTwo - Lost City Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    And red TT drops are insanely rare. (Think 1 for every 1000 kills.)
    My YT Page: "youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th" I have HD PWI/Minecraft Videos
    I am a non-cashshopper. I registered on: 08-26-2008 22:21:23
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
    Also, Minecraft is awesome.