Starting to regret this...

Options
kearalee
kearalee Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Support Desk
Ok, i don't usually download games to play due to lack of a good connection, however this game looked too good to pass up. I waited the 48 HOURS it took my connection to download it expecting to be able to play it straight away. And was I able to? No. I've now got to wait for the game to update itself. Can anyone explain this to me? And why it does it every time?
Post edited by kearalee on

Comments

• SomebodyTwo - Lost City
    SomebodyTwo - Lost City Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This is how MMOs work, you get the the game, then every time you start the program it checks for updates, and if there are any, downloads them.

Once it's updated to the current version you will be able to play.
    My YT Page: "youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th" I have HD PWI/Minecraft Videos
    I am a non-cashshopper. I registered on: 08-26-2008 22:21:23
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
    Also, Minecraft is awesome.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2011
    Options
    if it takes you 48 hours to download the client because your connection is that bad, don't try playing MMO's

The client is around 4GB, the update from that version is around 900MB. That's close to 5GB total. An average internet connection should be able to download that in less than an hour. A bottom-end connection maybe 3 or 4 hours. If it takes you longer than that to DL the client, your connection sucks too much to play. Get DSL and get rid of dial-up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]