Pillar Pet

Zitora - Dreamweaver
Zitora - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Uh so I noticed the Pillar pet egg from 15k DQ points now looks just like...a windwalking piggy. What happened to all the flowers and floating green lights? b:laugh
Post edited by Zitora - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I was about to say check your graphics settings, but then I logged onto one of my chars that has the piggy from DQ rewards...

You're right! WTF?! Why does it look like a normal pig now? I want my glowing bacon back!

Edit: Is it just me, or does it seem a lot bigger? I just checked the piggy battle pet on my veno and either my seeker is tiny or the pillar pet lost it's glowy effect and gained several lbs. I'll take glowy over fat any day. Just saying.

Glowy and fat is fine, but if I can only have one I want the glowy effect. It's one of the reasons I decided to get it. Seekers are flashy and I figured mine needed a flashy pet. Fix please! :(
  • rrghyydf
    rrghyydf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:spit already posted same in topic abive...b:angryb:angryb:angry i want my shiny Pillar back
  • Andray - Harshlands
    Andray - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    :-((((
    Confirmed.
    The piggies glowings graphics is totally screwed now.
    It's a normal all class baby pig now : (
  • dragonpig
    dragonpig Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:cry dear pwi b:cry
    when i first saw the Pillar, it is like love at first sight b:dirty
    so i decided to use my precious DQ points to get my Pillar.
    on top of that, i also did the cage quest to get a second pet slot for my Pillar (my first slot already used by my mount).
    after all these effort to get my Pillar, i am shocked and disappointed to see my lovely pet suddenly turn into a normal piggy that i could get from any cat shops, defeating the purpose of using my hard earned DQ points. b:angry
    i hope pwi will understand our feeling, how much this Pillar meant to us, we sincerely hope you revert the Pillar to its former glory in your next update.
    thank you very much for listening to our feedback, we look forward to see more and better content improvement. b:kiss
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Awww, this really sucks I like big fat guy. He's like a piggy version of the bunny now, but I want my glowy effects back. It's the whole reason I spent my points on him.

New Pillar Pet

The old pillar pet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited November 2011
    I wonder if it was Frankie and the team that accidentally changed it. I just noticed this thread here from last night. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1220261 Was this an intended change by the devs? Or did they change the wrong codes or something and actually replace everyone's pillar pet with this new version of it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Awww, this really sucks I like big fat guy. He's like a piggy version of the bunny now, but I want my glowy effects back. It's the whole reason I spent my points on him.

New Pillar Pet

The old pillar pet

Well um... you can rename it blimpey? b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    the difference is hilarious....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Boooh for the new Pillar Pet
    I liked the old version more, guess ihave to butcher "Steaky" now and npc it :/
    I hate Room 38
    edited November 2011
    Does anyone know if the do-all cards were changed to fix the glitch at all? I initially assumed they were taking stuff down over that because of this response:

genotypist wrote: »
    Please send us a ticket for lost item issues due to binding. I'll take a look into the cards.
    (In the future, a ticket notifying CS of the abuse is more helpful than using it on a forum post to illustrate a point).

Because that was posted on the 31st and the day after, we had a change to the dq item shop. But now I'm wondering it they were always planning on changing it and if so was the change to existing pets intentional.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    the difference is hilarious....

lol agreed

i got one for ****s & giggles, currently not hatched cause it's name is Popcorn b:chuckle
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Seraphinchen - Harshlands
    Seraphinchen - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    ya damn it b:angry
    its just not fair, why take the pretty flower shining off

now its not special any more b:cry
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    they might as well have blown it up to that abominable snowbunny size. I woulda got that

i bet its prolly pretty useful in TW cause its so damn huge now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kali - Raging Tide
    Kali - Raging Tide Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Change my piggy back. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Oh wow... this might be intentional? LAME! Those of us with the pillar pet got it because we liked THAT pet. What we have today is NOT the pillar pet. I wouldn't have blown a single point on the big fat boring tub of lard that the pillar pet magically transformed into after the patch.

What's next? My veno's pets turning into different pets? My fashion turning into different fashion? Most people have these types of items because they like their appearance. It's all sorts of wrong to change stuff like this.

Change it back! :/
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Sound like a lesser retake on the TB expansion where the hairstyle selection was altered to match their icon at the character creation screen. Aka, people logged after the patching and got different hairs. And some people, like my faction leader of back, saw their style of choice taking a walk to the void and never coming back. PWE did hand out for a short time a free makeover scroll to try to cover that mess, but like I said, some style were permanently lost(no idea if new one took their place back then though).

In my case, wasn't affected, since I had by chance picked an hairstyle that was correctly assigned with it's icon......
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I don't have one of those piggies, but I always thought the flowery one was super cute, but now....WTF....If I had one I'd be super p*ssed! Why are they fixing/chaning all the small things, when the bigger more important more annoying things are either not fixed (rubberbanding is still around, was reported more than a year ago I think) or are fixed half-a$$ed (for example the dragoons in FF, now people don't get that nice exp at the end on a full FF).b:surrender
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Oh wow... this might be intentional? LAME! Those of us with the pillar pet got it because we liked THAT pet. What we have today is NOT the pillar pet. I wouldn't have blown a single point on the big fat boring tub of lard that the pillar pet magically transformed into after the patch.

What's next? My veno's pets turning into different pets? My fashion turning into different fashion? Most people have these types of items because they like their appearance. It's all sorts of wrong to change stuff like this.

Change it back! :/

^ This

• Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Hmmm did anyone check their Cerberus pups?? Maybe that has only two or even just one head now.....b:chuckle

edited November 2011
    bump for justice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hmm... So the piggy's finaly got overfed and lost their healthy glow... b:chuckle Nah seriously... I like them both but they should give players at least the option to chose between them instead of just forcing a change on stuff you already own...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • rrghyydf
    rrghyydf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:surrender did someone had any communication whith support? b:cryim scared to talk to them they will kill my accounts or bunn them againb:cry i dont wanna ever talk to them again support is stupid
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited November 2011

New Pillar Pet

The old pillar pet

In your screen shot it looks GIANT.. is it? (at work - can't check)

Yeah mine was named: NiteLite

Guess I got to change its name now...
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    OMG.....that is GIANT!!!

its hilarious, and well worth keeping as a joke, if you had intentionally chosen to have it as it is now. but i can totally sympathise with you for losing the sparkly Pilar. i already have a Windwalker Pig, and so never felt i needed another pig, and one that doesnt do anything but looks pretty. but this is incredible!b:shocked

New Pillar Pet

The old pillar pet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
    edited November 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    So I guess a GM or MOD haven't been here yet. Have you guys submitted tickets about it?

• Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Before DQ points could be bought I had to grind for this pet, most disappointing. I want my piggy back!
  • VaniIlaCake - Archosaur
    VaniIlaCake - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i want my glowy piggy back :'( b:cry
    edited November 2011
    Well i've submitted a ticket since the GMs refuse to acknowledge this thread so far. :( And anyone who wants to use the pillar sig is more than welcome to do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous: