New Stuff not in Patch Notes

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    You are extremely limited now on the number of characters you can use when linking an item. If you link an item with a long name, you sometimes cannot type anything after it at all.

Does this simply mean that the number of characters in the name of the item now counts toward the limit of characters of the chat string?

I can see this making sense. Before, the item only counted as one character. Maybe people abused this by linking and item, and then changing the name of the item to contain a lot of text.

"Hello, how are you today, <here is a really long string that used to count as one character but now counts as many characters so that you cannot show this entire string on a chat>?"
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Does this simply mean that the number of characters in the name of the item now counts toward the limit of characters of the chat string?

I can see this making sense. Before, the item only counted as one character. Maybe people abused this by linking and item, and then changing the name of the item to contain a lot of text.

"Hello, how are you today, <here is a really long string that used to count as one character but now counts as many characters so that you cannot show this entire string on a chat>?"

I've never seen an item with anywhere near that long of a name before.
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • beforesun
    beforesun Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    THe daylie given by Amber mentioned before is not only for a lvl 100+ It's available below that too. I did it with my Sin(lvl 39) So I think it's from 30.. So if you are around that NPC with your low lvls get it.. It's free exp :)
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I just scrolled every page in this thread, no one named Amber posted anything..... just what in the world are u talking about? lol
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I just scrolled every page in this thread, no one named Amber posted anything..... just what in the world are u talking about? lol
    The NPC Amber in South Archosaur (south side of the same platform the south banker is on. straight out from the south telemaster), she will now give you a daily for some exp fruit.
  • BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver
    BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The NPC Amber in South Archosaur (south side of the same platform the south banker is on. straight out from the south telemaster), she will now give you a daily for some exp fruit.

I had 1.2 mill xp and 240k spirit from it too - at least both those numbers appeared in my system message log
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    I had 1.2 mill xp and 240k spirit from it too - at least both those numbers appeared in my system message log
    I did this just now with my 102 Archer to confirm what you said....he got 120,000exp and 24,000sp and the system log showed the same. Think you just saw a couple extra zeros?

And just to compare, I did it with my 98 Veno. She got 104,310exp and 20,862sp
  • BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver
    BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    My apologies, you are most likely correct - was late and tired - i see why they added certain comma's now to some large numbers :)
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    My apologies, you are most likely correct - was late and tired - i see why they added certain comma's now to some large numbers :)

lol

just confirmed...120k xp + 3 Fantasy Fruit (15k more total)

but still nb for being a freeb
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    now that HAS to be a typo!b:puzzled

one of the most ironclad rules of the game has been that of no trading/selling of accounts, which would mean characters. to change that rule would be pulling the rug out from under the entire TOS.

Seems some kind of character selling service they set up on their servers. You can sell a toon to a different account, that sort of thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    it's allowed on the CN server, not here.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    That's for the China servers only where you can buy and sell toons from accounts to one another. On our servers 1 you can't do it and 2 it's against the ToS to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Jenguin - Heavens Tear
    Jenguin - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hey wtf! I want my pretty cute sparkly flowery pillar pet back. Thats the only reason i spent 50k dq points to get it. And you change it into some fugly piece of sht -.- gfg. of all things to change u actually change something useless. put fairy boxes back. That was a source of many ppl's income that cant farm as fast as others. and yes the GT nxt to names on fl is prett dame annoying.
  • Shadwrage - Sanctuary
    Shadwrage - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I noticed with chat, linking items doesn't let me type much more afterwards. I actually started typing a filler, finishing my message, then going back and linking the item in order to send a full message once again. And when I use "^_^" the '^' double up and move my chat line around and no longer follows where I'm typing properly.
    Honestly though, with all these changes, I'm the most surprised, and annoyed, at how many things they neglected to include with their own patch notes. If there's any kind of communication going on between the companies, it isn't apparent in any way. PWE- fix this before you make one too many mistakes and start losing those high level cash shoppers too. At this rate, it will happen and I'm just waiting to see
  • Synta - Dreamweaver
    Synta - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    cba checking if these have been said.
    there's a new buff protection thingy, something to do with parties, it gets cut off so idk what it is.
    vit herbs have the timer too. interestingly for 30 secs, while it says they last 20 secs in the description. I had already guessed as much but never bothered to check
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Seems like you don't have to do Room 38 for Chrono anymore.... Unconfirmed.

That is SO not fair the people who struggled to get that done...but I guess easy going for those who still need it now...DEVS are still making this game easier with each patch...there's goes hard work even moreb:surrender
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Not exactly. It could be that they intended it this way but if so, it totally failed. For example: if I were to type a regular line with no linking I should easily be able to fit in "Ring of Scorching Heavens, does anyone want it?" However, if I link a Ring of Scorching Heavens I cannot even type one letter after it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Not exactly. It could be that they intended it this way but if so, it totally failed. For example: if I were to type a regular line with no linking I should easily be able to fit in "Ring of Scorching Heavens, does anyone want it?" However, if I link a Ring of Scorching Heavens I cannot even type one letter after it.

This is more than likely due to the fact that the words you see there are also identified with a number, so that the system can find the correct stats. So on top of the characters you can see, there are probably close to 6 numbers and the word identifier hidden from view.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    ^ so...... again more fail coding lolol Might as well trash the Test servers, they dont' use them. Talkin about CN there
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The text count for item link has been botched.
    Basically the item link counts as like 30 characters but the text field will let you enter it if you have like 5 characters left.

This will work:
    Looking for more for BH Abbadon and S> [Tome: Love Up and Down]

This will not:
    S> [Tome: Love Up and Down] and Looking for more for BH Abbadon

They had the same problem with smileys before but the new item link it is much much worse.
    Always enter your item links and smileys at the end of your WCs now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Matgatg - Sanctuary
    Matgatg - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Did someone confirm the new BH100+ rewards, people are getting them.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Dunno if anyone mentioned this, but shards are no longer stackable in your bank/inventory. Each one takes up a specific slot, which is highly annoying when trying to combine a bunch. -.-
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    wth u talking about? I have a bunch of avg, flawless etc w/e shards on a bank toon...... they're still stacked..... i even took one out and tried to put it back in the stack and no problem.
  • crystalzorac
    crystalzorac Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    He probably didn't realize that lvl 9 (Perfects) and higher have never been stackable.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    rofl
    b:laugh well then.....
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I noticed if you have an expanded inventory and used the DOCKED function, you can no longer right click items stacked in the expanded area to auto place to sell to NPC. Not a huge deal to drag n drop but it is a change.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If you teleport into your guild base now, you land at the monolith in the center. Before it dropped you off somewhere random lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Please post anything new you find here b:thanks

The first obvious thing I noticed is the "GT" next to people in my friend's list.
    Wonder what that is for?

Confirmed Changes:
    No longer need room 38 to complete chrono (turn in at Cube entry dude)
    Fairy Boxes removed from TT solo mode, 1-1, and 2-1.
    Shorter Boss/Mob name bar.
    GT next to friend list names (no identifiable purpose yet).
    Last Log In information gone.
    Mystics now have buff timer icons for plant summons (but not vital or shell/rez)
    "Item contains RARE ITEM" when you try to npc gear.
    Shortened character limit in World Chat.
    Pillar Pet flowers and glowyness got removed now it is MASSIVE and ugly.
    And some commas have been added to menus to make large numbers easier to read.

Right click functionality (as mentioned in patch):
    right clicking fashion takes it to wardrobe, not wearing
    right clicking stuff in account stash takes it to bank

Wow they really dumbed this game down.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    the commas in the coins really help for merchants b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    The text count for item link has been botched.
    Basically the item link counts as like 30 characters but the text field will let you enter it if you have like 5 characters left.

This will work:
    Looking for more for BH Abbadon and S> [Tome: Love Up and Down]

This will not:
    S> [Tome: Love Up and Down] and Looking for more for BH Abbadon

They had the same problem with smileys before but the new item link it is much much worse.
    Always enter your item links and smileys at the end of your WCs now
    Your second example of what will not work, will work if you need to format the WC that way for whatever reason. Pretype all your text, then click in the middle or the beginning or wherever you want your link and insert it last.