The bow.

Options
Alice_Mirage - Sanctuary
Alice_Mirage - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Archer
Hello people , i have an archer lvl 100 and i'm wondering now wich bow i should use.
My main goal for it is pvp at west/sp , but also TW
I'm hesitating between the r8 one or a debuffing one ( nv or cv).

The reasons that are making me undecided are below :

R8 is the standard because it is damn cheap regarding how good it is.
But in my opinion R8 bow is like R8/NV(g13) Dagger , the damage is good but the damage aside, there is nothing epic like sac or gof that will make it sexy.

And so i'm thinking about a debuffing bow like CV or NV.
Because in my opinion being able to remove all the buff on someone in a couple of arrows will greatly change the chance of win and lost or if not at least shorten the fight.
Also being a while that i haven't seen a cool blue nv bow around :)

I know what you all may think at this moment "Cut the apple in two and go for R9 bow u will have all and more ".
Reason i can't for it is that i'm just having around 400M to invest into my char not 800M.

Also for rest of gear my archer is on same account as my full int + R9 dagger sin so not really a worry for it.

What you all thinking about it ?b:thanks
Post edited by Alice_Mirage - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If PvP (TW or PK) takes priority in your gameplay then get the purge bow. If PVE is more important to you get r8.

Or you can get r8, save up another 400m, and get r9 for both. (I know you said this isn't feasible for you but you must have gotten the 400m from somewhere...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Alice_Mirage - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Well merchant take time and i want to have good fun asap , also my Sin is staying my main piority regarding gear-up

Ty for your answer , would like to know also what other are thinking , also what is the pro to happen of "Spirit Blackhole" compare to " Soul Shatter " ? If not so big going for jus CV bow shall be still an option
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Well the r8 bow has better dps, both in addons and in refines. However, the purge is valuable of its own right in pvp.

I think officially, the proc for soul shatter is 5%? And Spirit Blackhole is 7.5%? I'm not 100% sure on those numbers, but while neither proc can be considered "reliable," the increase in procs from soul shatter to spirit blackhole is pretty noticeable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Cv is obviously out of the question.

Rank 8 +5 probably does close enough damage than cv +9-10. (Rough comparison, dont want QQ of its not true)

Rank 8 does fairly same damage than nirvana 2nd cast. They both hit almost the same.. only difference comes down to stats. Even though nirvana bow with purge is better. The price.. make it useless to get. You could easily get rank8 and save sum for nirvana pants while getting nirvana bow.

Also rank9 is obviously the best option.. If this game still offer any enjoy as it used too.. i had say farm rank9 instead of nirvana. Save your coin and dont use it on nirvana bow instead get rank8 (+10 with the extra money saved from nv).

Nv 1st cast:

http://pwcalc.com/ddbe70db6cd4fb53
    Physical Atk.
    8062-11642

Nv 2nd cast:

http://pwcalc.com/953d0247bb7994a6
    Physical Atk. (I didnt put stats.. cause its not 100% sure stats)
    8852-13185

Rank 8:

http://pwcalc.com/5c323c05363713fc
    Physical Atk.
    8817-13302

Cv bow:

Physical Atk.
    7499-10597

Upgrading from cv to nirv 1st cast.. its almost nothing.

P.s. If you want to actually pvp on this game.. you will need rank9 tbh.. Those are the standards for anyone competitive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    R8 Gets you the Ring, Top and Bow as good pieces of gear. Also, unless you have Nirvana Pants Lying around the Pants are fairly good to. With the three pieces of R8 you're looking at +8% Crit and -.2 Int which is great for DPS.

Even though the 2nd Cast Nirvana does do more damage than R8 refined (around +10 iirc), it unfortunately can't get as good adds as the R8 (4% crit and -.1 int just doesn't happen) so unless you want the Purge, R8 is they way to go if you can't go for R9.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The CV bow is much cheaper though, allowing you to spend the rest of the coin on refines.

Personally I still think the purge is better for PvP, but I'd still get r8 just to get r9 later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Get r8 because you'll be able to recast it to a grade 15 weapon very soon in a future update.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    An R8 bow +5 will give u slightly less min attack and noticeably more max attack than a +10 CV. I have had both.
    In any case, I think the potential damage you could get from R8 and the nice 8% crit u get if u wear both bow and ring outweigh the benefit of getting a CV bow, which is really just seen as a silly toy these days unless you are using it on a sin. All it would take would be a +5 refine, which is essentially free(profitable even), to put the Demonhunter Bow's damage above that of a CV, KedgeSniper pretty much said it all.

And he is right. Anyway, as an archer in PvP or TW scene you will be most judged by your bow, and with 400m to start with, imo you are much better off doing some merching, having some patience, and getting the R9 bow with great damage and guarantee on spirit blackhole.

As for G15 R8 recast, it seems nice enough yes, but I don't believe there is a guarantee on purge, and again it wont be as good as R9 :x , so I don't think I would waste resources on trying that. Although I like the way it looks
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options

And he is right. Anyway, as an archer in PvP or TW scene you will be most judged by your bow, and with 400m to start with, imo you are much better off doing some merching, having some patience, and getting the R9 bow with great damage and guarantee on spirit blackhole.

^

Money begets money. But since you're in a hurry, eh :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • DirtySouth - Raging Tide
    DirtySouth - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    farm 1 bilion with ur r9 sin and get r9 bow ijs :D
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    farm 1 bilion with ur r9 sin and get r9 bow ijs :D

This creature above hit me in TW for 15.9k on my wizard(crit hit but it debuffed before hitting me. And I am full R9+12 +Jades on my wizzy and still archers with R9 are a huuuuge pain in the rear.
    So the conclusion is: Go R9!
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • Salasyn - Heavens Tear
    Salasyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

This creature above hit me in TW for 15.9k on my wizard(crit hit but it debuffed before hitting me. And I am full R9+12 +Jades on my wizzy and still archers with R9 are a huuuuge pain in the rear.
    So the conclusion is: Go R9!

It's because you gooned to 105, ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ty for your answer people , think i will go for the r8 then :)

80-90M for it and i shall be cool :)
  • EIvemage - Dreamweaver
    EIvemage - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    if u get nv bow you can use it on ur sin. -> win
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options

Last I checked level had nothing to do with an r9 archer hitting you for a big number. In fact a higher level should mean they hit you for less.

No matter how skillful you are, the right gear is gonna hit you for a fat number. What skill does is let you see these things coming and hopefully counter it on time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The only "sad" thing that come to my mind is that when we start to make a plan for any kind of char , no matter how are we think we end with something not enought efficient , or something good but cost yfor what it do .
    Making us ending with a r9 as endgame gear.
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The only "sad" thing that come to my mind is that when we start to make a plan for any kind of char , no matter how are we think we end with something not enought efficient , or something good but cost yfor what it do .
    Making us ending with a r9 as endgame gear.

recast r9.
  • Salasyn - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Last I checked level had nothing to do with an r9 archer hitting you for a big number. In fact a higher level should mean they hit you for less.

No matter how skillful you are, the right gear is gonna hit you for a fat number. What skill does is let you see these things coming and hopefully counter it on time.

Last I checked, you still take everything too seriously. It's called poking fun...

Maybe you're just sensitive because that's exactly what you were doing as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Last I checked, you still take everything too seriously. It's called poking fun...

Maybe you're just sensitive because that's exactly what you were doing as well?

What I said was fact, regardless of how 'sensitive' you try to make me out to me. Maybe it would have been more obvious you were poking fun if you weren't so sore about goons and everything you "joke" about seems to be a bitter stab at that topic. But see the difference between me and you is, when we both went "wtf goon glitchers," you said yourself "I'll make as many snide remarks about this as possible," and I said to myself, "is what they're doing even worth it?" And the result is, you're quite successful at what you aimed to do, and I decided that my genie can benefit from 105.

I can't really help it if you start hating me because of my level, but my level is only the most obvious of the shortcuts I've taken. And newsflash, there are plenty of glitchers who raised an army of level 100s and you'll never know by their level, so aiming all your butthurt at my shiney avatar is quite superficial. *shrug* My comment that you quoted didn't even have anything to do with how I got my own levels. MY skill with my toon was established ages ago, levels or not. I think you're the one who's sensitive here as you're the one who keeps bringing it up. My concern was only the logic in your so called "joke."

Also I think it's funny that you're so obsessed about this goon glitching thing. There are two types of people who act like this: the kind who are jealous because they weren't able to take advantage of the same things, and the kind who make a huge deal out of it as guilty overcompensation for taking part in it themselves. I won't make you suffer the embarrassment of telling us which one you are, but don't think you'll get away with saying neither, because the people who oppose glitchers simply because they are honorable and do not believe in shortcuts out of high principles have not and will not make as huge a fuss as you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

You know something. For people like me... it doesn't really matter what level anyone is... they all die just the same. My arrow does not discriminate against color or race. Maybe its time for you to actually do something worthwhile... instead of just running off your mouth.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    GZ on 105 0.0
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    GZ on 105 0.0

Why ty :3 Although as I said, it's mostly for my genie.

And maybe a shiney new avatar to troll with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Salasyn - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What I said was fact, regardless of how 'sensitive' you try to make me out to me. Maybe it would have been more obvious you were poking fun if you weren't so sore about goons and everything you "joke" about seems to be a bitter stab at that topic. But see the difference between me and you is, when we both went "wtf goon glitchers," you said yourself "I'll make as many snide remarks about this as possible," and I said to myself, "is what they're doing even worth it?" And the result is, you're quite successful at what you aimed to do, and I decided that my genie can benefit from 105.

I can't really help it if you start hating me because of my level, but my level is only the most obvious of the shortcuts I've taken. And newsflash, there are plenty of glitchers who raised an army of level 100s and you'll never know by their level, so aiming all your butthurt at my shiney avatar is quite superficial. *shrug* My comment that you quoted didn't even have anything to do with how I got my own levels. MY skill with my toon was established ages ago, levels or not. I think you're the one who's sensitive here as you're the one who keeps bringing it up. My concern was only the logic in your so called "joke."

Also I think it's funny that you're so obsessed about this goon glitching thing. There are two types of people who act like this: the kind who are jealous because they weren't able to take advantage of the same things, and the kind who make a huge deal out of it as guilty overcompensation for taking part in it themselves. I won't make you suffer the embarrassment of telling us which one you are, but don't think you'll get away with saying neither, because the people who oppose glitchers simply because they are honorable and do not believe in shortcuts out of high principles have not and will not make as huge a fuss as you.

Oh wow...why would I want to take advantage of something in a game I have quit? You are the one making a massive deal out of one comment I make so maybe you should look at yourself before proudly coming to the conclusion that I'm butthurt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Oh wow...why would I want to take advantage of something in a game I have quit? You are the one making a massive deal out of one comment I make so maybe you should look at yourself before proudly coming to the conclusion that I'm butthurt.

I made a massive deal? I corrected your faulty logic and you turned your asinine remarks towards me instead of the poor soul you were being an *** to before. And hm, I looked at myself, and came to the same conclusion; you are quite butthurt :) I mean if you're going to make asinine remarks at least have them make sense and not sound ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Cv is obviously out of the question.

Rank 8 +5 probably does close enough damage than cv +9-10. (Rough comparison, dont want QQ of its not true)

Rank 8 does fairly same damage than nirvana 2nd cast. They both hit almost the same.. only difference comes down to stats. Even though nirvana bow with purge is better. The price.. make it useless to get. You could easily get rank8 and save sum for nirvana pants while getting nirvana bow.

Also rank9 is obviously the best option.. If this game still offer any enjoy as it used too.. i had say farm rank9 instead of nirvana. Save your coin and dont use it on nirvana bow instead get rank8 (+10 with the extra money saved from nv).

Nv 1st cast:

http://pwcalc.com/ddbe70db6cd4fb53
    Physical Atk.
    8062-11642

Nv 2nd cast:

http://pwcalc.com/953d0247bb7994a6
    Physical Atk. (I didnt put stats.. cause its not 100% sure stats)
    8852-13185

Rank 8:

Physical Atk.
    8817-13302

Cv bow:

Physical Atk.
    7499-10597

Upgrading from cv to nirv 1st cast.. its almost nothing.

P.s. If you want to actually pvp on this game.. you will need rank9 tbh.. Those are the standards for anyone competitive.

r8 +4 has about 20 more max atk than lunar +10 and about 200 less min atk
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You know something. For people like me... it doesn't really matter what level anyone is... they all die just the same. My arrow does not discriminate against color or race. Maybe its time for you to actually do something worthwhile... instead of just running off your mouth.

kiyoshi talking about people like him. Again.

Also, aesthor didnt nescsarily make a huge deal about it. she made a hug POST about it. Maybe she writes essays like this ever time she comments on the forums.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    kiyoshi talking about people like him. Again.

Also, aesthor didnt nescsarily make a huge deal about it. she made a hug POST about it. Maybe she writes essays like this ever time she comments on the forums.

I'm finishing an English major. Everything is a possible argumentative essay for me ;)

Although it's kind of a shame that the nuances of language and rhetoric mostly get lost on 99% of the people on these forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm finishing an English major. Everything is a possible argumentative essay for me ;)

Although it's kind of a shame that the nuances of language and rhetoric mostly get lost on 99% of the people on these forums.

Hmm... I may have to ask you esoteric English-related questions in the future.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Watch out! That's Teapot's way of coming on to you...platonically!
    b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty