[Servers Going Down Tomorrow Night for Daylight Savings Time] 11-3-2011 [COMPLETE]

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Hey all,

Tomorrow night, we will be bringing PWI servers down for the time change.

East Coast servers will be taken down at 1:00am server time (11/5/2011) for one hour.

West Coast servers will be taken down at 1:00am server time (11/5/2011) for one hour.

Also:

During the West Coast maintenance, we will be restarting all login servers.

This means that:

From 3:00am - 3:30am East Coast server time, players will not be able to log in to PWI East Coast servers. However, players who are already in-game can keep on playing.

From 9:00am - 9:30am EU server time, players will not be able to log in to PWI EU servers. However, players who are already in-game can keep on playing.

Thanks everyone, and sorry about the inconvenience!
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for the reminder.
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    yayyyyyyyyyyyy
    2nd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Interesting... a login server restart? I don't think I've seen that done since I got here.b:shutup
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:cry woooooo
  • Actiniaria - Heavens Tear
    Actiniaria - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Those servers run 24/7 (minus crashes) they deserve a 30 min cooldown.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    maybe it'll stop tellign me my account dont' exist when i jump toons.. lol
  • ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    You mean Standard time as it is Daylight.
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    ewingoil wrote: »
    You mean Standard time as it is Daylight.

It's still called Daylight Savings Time, it's just the end of it.

Confusing, yes.
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i live in central US. it's either central daylight time or central standard time, or CDT or CST. Also, didn't the eu servers go down last week for daylight savings? they ended last week and servers were brought down then.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    No one is QQing about this?
    *checks browser's adress bar*
    This can't be PWI forum lol lol b:chuckle
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hey all,

Tomorrow night, we will be bringing PWI servers down for the time change.

East Coast servers will be taken down at 1:00am server time (11/5/2011) for one hour.

West Coast servers will be taken down at 1:00am server time (11/5/2011) for one hour.

Also:

During the West Coast maintenance, we will be restarting all login servers.

This means that:

From 3:00am - 3:30am East Coast server time, players will not be able to log in to PWI East Coast servers. However, players who are already in-game can keep on playing.

From 9:00am - 9:30am EU server time, players will not be able to log in to PWI EU servers. However, players who are already in-game can keep on playing.

Thanks everyone, and sorry about the inconvenience!

I was wondering if this maintenance will reset the counter for the 9 trials, or is it to be reset on Tuesday's night maintenance?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    HEADS UP

This will very likely cause TWs to be held at odd times. Make sure you inform your faction of the correct time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    HEADS UP

This will very likely cause TWs to be held at odd times. Make sure you inform your faction of the correct time.

b:cold ****, kinda late to inform them now.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Despite living in the US for most of my life, the last 21 years, I'm always surprised when daylight savings time rolls around and ends. Even though I know spring forward, fall back. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Sir_rusty - Dreamweaver
    Sir_rusty - Dreamweaver Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    QQqqQQqq happy now some one qq lolb:chuckle
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    ugh u guys confuse the hell outta me, you're doign this a day early u know that right? Daylight Savings or w/e isn't till the 6th, not tomorrow. Just looked at the calendar... Should be taking them down 1 am on the SIXTH lol
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Due to massive insomnia/lack of sleep, this is confusing the hell out of me..

It's 11 pm here (East Coast) so in 2 hours it goes down for an hour ?
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    it's going down at 4 am on east coast
    they're taking em both down at 1 am their time. but it's 4 for us. and a day early lol
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    it's going down at 4 am on east coast
    they're taking em both down at 1 am their time. but it's 4 for us. and a day early lol

They're doing this the way they are because, let's be honest... would you want to be in at work in the wee hours of Sunday morning to set a clock?b:chuckle
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    so all the events tomorrow are going to be off an hour instead? lol We're not setting our clocks just cause "u all" wanna do it a day early lol
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Im confused, shouldn't the server have went down already?

Also will this reset the nine trials and the world bosses?
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Here maybe this'll allleviate confusion of where u are in relation to california...
    http://www.timezonecheck.com/
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Here maybe this'll allleviate confusion of where u are in relation to california...
    http://www.timezonecheck.com/

I would like to say that if you actually need this, you are truly NOT aware of yourself at all. This is a flaw in your brain, that makes it so that you are absolutely clueless as to yourself and your relation with everything that goes on around you. Basically, in layman's terms, if you actually need this, you probably think your sh** don't stink and prolly walk around as if you are the only one on this planet.

Of course I expect backlash from my statement here. If you find what I said here offensive you are exactly the type of person I am talking about.

To the person I quoted here, I believe you were hinting at this, I just wanted to further elaborate on it to make it perfectly clear to those who are...well...clueless, maybe helpless too.
  • Eyestabyew - Heavens Tear
    Eyestabyew - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Silly PWI. Daylight savings isn't until 11/6. You must have realized this and that's why servers didn't go down. Yet this post said servers should have gone down tonight for this!! You Goofballs.
    edited November 2011
    @OP

What is going on, you are late? Are you cluesless too? It is now 1:23 A.M. pacific time, and servers have not shut down. the actual time change does not occur for another 23 hrs or so, so it is still indeed the proper time for shut-down.

I have stuff I wanna do, if you are gonna toy with us as least be man enough to admit it, OR, shut the dang servers down and update for daylight saving.
    edited November 2011
    You know what OP, I am sick and tired of admin's constant incompetence and you specifically, your false promises, and ill advised information. I have had it up to here.
    -waves hand over his head-

You think this game will be the best there is forever on a free to play model? No, I don't thinks so. I do not believe I will be coming back.

Do not even think for one second, that this is caused by this one incident, that would be delusional of you.

-walks away into the wind-
  • OObircheyOo - Lost City
    OObircheyOo - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    You know what OP, I am sick and tired of admin's constant incompetence and you specifically, your false promises, and ill advised information. I have had it up to here.
    -waves hand over his head-

You think this game will be the best there is forever on a free to play model? No, I don't thinks so. I do not believe I will be coming back.

Do not even think for one second, that this is caused by this one incident, that would be delusional of you.

-walks away into the wind-

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/status Check Server time on that
  • Omnicon - Dreamweaver
    Omnicon - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    vvave ya hand$ in the air like ya ju$t dont care, Metalpuritan b:cute Your po$t amu$ed me $ir.

>It$ a free game, get over it. Haha.

(And ye$, I am vvell avvare that my keyboard i$ broken.)

A$ for the thing about the $erver$. I am novv $tarting to vvonder vvhy they aren't dovvn but I'm $ure a rea$on vvill come out $ooner or later.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OObircheyOo - Lost City
    OObircheyOo - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Frankie said server time, not in game time or time anywhere, but SERVER time, according to PWI server status on this link (the only one you should be following) http://pwi.perfectworld.com/status its 12:49am West cost server time xD
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    1 AM Server Time on HT and nothing happened yet? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin