R8 recast is easy to get

Options
ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
so if im right, (kinda confusing tho :p ) in the 9 trials thing, u get 1 untradable item ( mine was warrior seal :o) and 1 chest per trial. the chest is random, where u get memorial coins (u need 999 of them for weapon) and 0.75% for a rare mat. need 15 rare mats for weapon. u can also trade 90 warrior seals for 1 rare mat. so if ur not lucky in the chest u will only need 50 weeks to farm enough mats for R8 recast weap. during those 50 weeks u can also farm coins to get R9 i guess >.>
Post edited by ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yeah, the chest kinda sucks.

Good luck getting the 999.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yeah, the chest kinda sucks.

Good luck getting the 999.

You'll get 99,999 before you get 15 rare mats, so what's the big deal with the 999?

1/90x + (1/133x * 3) = 15

x = number of quests

solve for x :)

PS before anyone (archer) says it can be simplified, I know. I was breaking it up to show the separation of the warrior seal and the chance to get the rare mat per pack (and you get 3 if you get it from packs). It's roughly 450 quests on average aka 17 weeks***.

***hold this thought a mob apparently drops some, trying to figure out how often and it apparently has 120m HP so lolz...
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    im just gonna assume now that my nirvy armor is useful stillb:cute
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    on pw database its written only 1 for the rare mat :o
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    im just gonna assume now that my nirvy armor is useful stillb:cute

Unless you're a barb/bm. I can't get -int on nirvana so for me getting the plate is extremely useful and irreplaceable. 4 weeks to get plate here I come.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You'll get 99,999 before you get 15 rare mats, so what's the big deal with the 999?

1/90x + (1/133x * 3) = 15

x = number of quests

solve for x :)

I would if you weren't missing a ton of parentheses there.
    PS before anyone (archer) says it can be simplified, I know. I was breaking it up to show the separation of the warrior seal and the chance to get the rare mat per pack (and you get 3 if you get it from packs). It's roughly 450 quests on average aka 17 weeks***.

If you meant:
    (x/90) + (3/(133x)) = 15

Then I got roughly 446, rounded up to the nearest integer.

Even so, 17 weeks is still a four months.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well i love this, why should new stuff always be easy to obtain ? Why should new content become meaningless 4 weeks after relase ?

And since you can trade this stuff i dont see why its hard to get your r8 recast fast anyways.

If you ask me (and i know you dont) Pwi should have way more stuff thats hard to get because we need more goals to strive towards.
    I hate Room 38
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well i love this, why should new stuff always be easy to obtain ? Why should new content become meaningless 4 weeks after relase ?

And since you can trade this stuff i dont see why its hard to get your r8 recast fast anyways.

If you ask me (and i know you dont) Pwi should have way more stuff thats hard to get because we need more goals to strive towards.

nop, seems like u cant trade rare mats :o
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I would if you weren't missing a ton of parentheses there.

If you meant:
    (x/90) + (3/(133x)) = 15

Then I got roughly 446, rounded up to the nearest integer.

Even so, 17 weeks is still a four months.

It's just simply .03361x = 15 simplified, but I broke it down to make it easier to see where that came from, but yes 446 which I just said 450. The armor is .079x = 9 simplified which is 114 quests or 5 weeks.

We just got platinum ore packs from the boss which the faction is banking so we aren't sure how that will factor in to helping people we will see. The trial of defense boss dropped 2 of them and they have 3 each in them.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Vorbane - Harshlands
    Vorbane - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Except you need 1350 warriors seals and you only recieve 1 bound one per trial you complete. Cya in 50 weeks when someone (maybe) has the first recasted r8
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Except you need 1350 warriors seals and you only recieve 1 bound one per trial you complete. Cya in 50 weeks when someone (maybe) has the first recasted r8

You have to factor in the .75% chance to get 3 of them (from pack at end of each trial) during all those quests which is why it's not 1350 and not 50 weeks.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Vorbane - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You have to factor in the .75% chance to get 3 of them (from pack at end of each trial) during all those quests which is why it's not 1350 and not 50 weeks.

I didnt realise Oraclum Ore dropped from the instance as we hadnt seen any, so i was just counting the Seals to "chip it" as you will. XD
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
  • CeaseBM - Dreamweaver
    CeaseBM - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think this is great..you cant buy it overnight...n the main thing is..u actually have to do things AS A FACTION :GASP:...

all the endgame ppl tht complain they have nothing to do, well now u do..months worth...so whats there to complain about again?
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think this is great..you cant buy it overnight...

For now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Vorbane - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    For now.

Mats going in my catshop now b:dirty
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The rare mats as a single item are bound, but the packs that give the rare items are tradeable. So much for being required to farm. It's not pretty much like nirvana. As long as some go and farm it you can buy it from them.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• MarcsLegacy - Sanctuary
    MarcsLegacy - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Are the matts required for R8 Recast tradable?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Are the matts required for R8 Recast tradable?

Can you read?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    Karmiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It will take about 50 weeks to farm a year of investment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ok-understand this---won't take long for people to realize this but...If it is harder to farm than rank 9-people will just get rank 9.

Also if it is too hard to farm you will not get the participation from the faction required to actually do the quest as it is not super easy nor cheap on repairs etc.

After the newness wears off expect only the top two or three factions to even get enough people on to do this.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ok-understand this---won't take long for people to realize this but...If it is harder to farm than rank 9-people will just get rank 9.

Also if it is too hard to farm you will not get the participation from the faction required to actually do the quest as it is not super easy nor cheap on repairs etc.

After the newness wears off expect only the top two or three factions to even get enough people on to do this.

I expect it too, but I can tell you I'm going to farm TT/Nirvy and buy the packs that contain 3 rare items each to get my plate done. False alarm every person needing to go farm their own armor/weapon avoided. b:victory
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Kodama_xx - Archosaur
    Kodama_xx - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Just thought Id point out no one knows how many mats are gonna be droped, or given out at the completion of ALL nine trials....... so it may take ALOT less time you dont know cause no ones completed the damn thing yet.
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    soon they will be available in the new packs b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Just thought Id point out no one knows how many mats are gonna be droped, or given out at the completion of ALL nine trials....... so it may take ALOT less time you dont know cause no ones completed the damn thing yet.

Our faction made it to the 9th trial today, before we decided to take a break. Yeah, it'll take a while to farm up some gear, but it's fun and the drops are better than some had suggested. All the trials are able to be completed by ~30 (preferably more, of course) people with TW ready gear and skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Our faction made it to the 9th trial today, before we decided to take a break. Yeah, it'll take a while to farm up some gear, but it's fun and the drops are better than some had suggested. All the trials are able to be completed by ~30 (preferably more, of course) people with TW ready gear and skills.

Was fun lolb:chuckle
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Was fun lolb:chuckle

indeed it was but my charms are giving me the cold shoulder :( and i thought the silent treatments i get after 2-3 hour TW's were bad.
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • fairymaster1
    fairymaster1 Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    any ideas on how much it costs to transfer refines and shards, i noticed on the info thing at the reforge npc says you need chienkuns
  • Vorbane - Harshlands
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This is the most fun thing theyve released to date (Minus when the released TW way back when). So much ****ing fun :D
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This is the most fun thing theyve released to date (Minus when the released TW way back when). So much ****ing fun :D

damn skippybb:victory
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yes, so far we are to the 4th trial- and yes it is fun, however I'm not sure it is a profitable way to spend your time.....Therefore after its not new it gonna be hard to talk 40 people to being on an all being participating.