How to **** off a sin on pvp

Options
XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Wizard
Ok I got this wizards but also a lvl 100 sin and seeker as well. So I have seen the situation from both sides and I found out sins BIG weak point.

As everyone knows (and a lot of ppl QQ about it) sins are characterised for stealthing and then stunning people to death. However there is a tip that can help you with that and is very efective to avoid being stunlocked reguardless of the class you are. (More efective if you are a ranged class tho)

This is it:

1- Fight starts and sin sealths so you take aerogear out and start flying arround.

2- Keep moving and sin will inevitabley have to use shadow teleport to stun you because he knows that if he gets out of stealth and not close to you, you will be able to kill him easy so he must use that skill.

NOW HERE IS AN IMPORTANT NOTE, SIN SHADOW TELEPORT HAS A SMALL BUG WHEN YOU FLY, WHEN SIN USES THIS SKILL ON MOVING TARGETS THEY DO NOT TELEPORT EXCACTLY TO THE PLACE WERE TARGET IS, INSTEAD THEY STUN TARGET BUT TELEPORT ABOUT 3 MEETERS AWAY FROM TARGET, THAT GIVES YOU SOME SECONDS TO REACT BECAUSE SIN WILL HAVE TO FLY TO YOUR LOCATION TO START HITTING YOU

3- Then you may use absolute domain, expel, stun dispell (dont remember how that genie skill is called tho), or the stun that makes you inmune to stuns for some seconds.

4- Now you got the option to either just fly down as soon as you get out of stun and then kill flying sin from ground, or just fly up or down all you need is a small distance and that will mess up the entire sin tactic because while they GET IN POSITION... those seconds... man they are so vulnerable specialy if they you are a ranged class then you can kill them in no time.

5- If you are a wizard just use distance shrink as soon as you get out of stun and then pew pew sin to death.

NOTE IF THEY STEALTH AGAIN TO SAVE THEIR ***** JUST REPEAT THE PROCEES, IF SIN REFUSES TO GET OUT OF STEALTH OR TAKES YEARS AND YOU SEE FIGHT IS GOING NO WERE JUST QUIT THE FIGHT

So from this tactic you will get 3 things:

1- Chance to **** hole sin stunlocking tactic.

2- While flying you get 50% damage reduction so even if they manage to hit you a bit you might be able to surive more time, and A LOT MORE IF YOU ARE A SEEKER OR BARB XD

3- Have fun pissing of "STEATHED" sins who say "stop flyng" (some fishes are so dependant on that skill lol) ifthey do then you just say, I dont tell you how to fight and not QQ about stealthing so dont tell me how to play either.

Well have fun guys, so far it has worked for me a lot of times, meeles weaknes is flying because unlike casters, archers and seekers they need to get in "possition" to hit hehe

b:bye
Post edited by XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Keep moving and sin will inevitabley have to use shadow teleport to stun you

Then you may use the stun that makes you inmune to stuns for some seconds.

While flying you get 50% damage reduction

This is the way most wizards do it, but alot of sins are also able to stun with a skill or with occult ice, then when you break it they telestun and usually its game over.

I do have sins tell me from stealth all the time "hold still so i can kill you". (you know who you are Xx_Matt_xX or whatever, but don't feel badly, your not the only one.)

And I think 50% damage reduction is only if you FALLING off your flying mount, not if you are just flying.

And you do 50% less damage if you are flying and attacking someone on the ground.

Also, I don't know what you mean by "the stun that makes you inmune to stuns for some seconds."
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So let me get this straight... you JUST figured that out? Jeez...

The moving around tactic works on ground as well, it's not a glitch with flying it's server lag or something, they get teleported to the spot you were when they used the skill if you run around. I've always taken the fight to the air vs Sins, it gives you the best chances of surviving if you know when to fly and when to fall... this isn't some huge great tip, this is common knowledge to any semi-decent pker.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'll use this tactic myself if I know there's a sin stalking me, but of course there's holes in it.

1) the sin could always hold still and wait for you to get near them then use headhunt. When you badge out of it, they just tele stun on you.

2) they can open up with a paralyze instead of a stun. The paralyze actually has a bit of range to it. If you distance shrink they'll just use their non-stun teleport to follow you. Even if the sin opens with the tele stun, they can immediately paralyze you then silence you if they want.

And Zanryu is right to say this works on the ground as well. Flying adds an extra dimension to your kitting, but it works on the ground.

I personally like jumping. Between server lag and the possibly bad reaction time of the person playing the sin, they have a tendency to stun me midair. If that happens they either have to be flying to deal half damage, or wait for me to fall back to the ground.

If they're flying when they stun you it's really hard for them to kill you unless they severely outgear you, especially if you use something like wind shield. Once you're no longer stunned, I'd personally recommend hitting them with hailstorm to see if you can paralyze them. If you do, then they're stuck in the air and will have to take time to get off their fly if they want to deal full damage.

If they have to wait for you to hit the ground, then I recommend immediately blinking away then using fortify for the tele stun you know is about to come. If you don't want to use fortify, then I'd recommend trying to tank the tele stun. It's only like 3 seconds and with wind shield it's possible to survive
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Saw a wizzy playing with Rock Powder + Bramble Guard a few weeks ago at Secret Passage. Lots of QQ from the sins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    in my experience with decent sins running and jumping is a bad idea. its better to jsut stay in the air period if a sin is around.

running and jumping when a sin has range+2 daggs. you get immobilized in the air unable to do anything but use yoru genie defensivly. so you AD which last's a few secs of the immobilize. you expel which last's the whole immobillized but sets you up to get stun locked. faith is nice but kills your genie. or you use one of the above adn sin restealths only to repeat his tactic.

usually if im in air and a sin trys to kill me. i faith>blink(so they waste tele stun)>seal or fall(depending on charm cooldown)>DD>sleep or blink again(circustances dictate obviously)>DD more.

strategy has holes in it, but i find it works vs most r9 sins that dont out right one shot me from stealth. and most barrier thorn sins will jsut waste all their control skills right to start with. sometimes the sin stealths, sometimes tidal saves themand gets me killed. its all about practice, which if you pvp you get plenty of sin practice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    which if you pvp you get plenty of sin practice

lmao so true. There would be days in SP where for 2 hours I would have to put up with stealth gank after stealth gank.

Although I'll admit I enjoyed myself when the sin was blue named since that meant I could expel them despite what their filter is set to b:laugh
    edited November 2011
    Options
    man, i've been at west before and killed 5sins within a minute having the 1st sin come back and kill me because everything was on cooldown. its such bs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    tbh I'm kind of happy pk has moved out of SP. Although I enjoyed expeling blue names, the super gravity was not working for our classes favor lol. I normally like to double jump onto my fly so I'm out of mele range, but SP wasn't having it b:cry
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i like double jumping up on my fly as a quick distance creator when blink is on cooldown.

so why is it that r9+12 sins think they are pro for killing other players by two spark frenzy HH from stealth lol? got hit for 16k last night with that combo and the sin just wanted to brag that they killed a r9 wizzie XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    anyone that seriously pks on a sin obviously has something wrong with them to begin with...

I tried pking on my sin just to see what the thrill was, and I was disgusted at how easy killing people that completely outgeared me was. I honestly can't see what appeals to people that actually pk with sins.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    anyone that seriously pks on a sin obviously has something wrong with them to begin with...

I tried pking on my sin just to see what the thrill was, and I was disgusted at how easy killing people that completely outgeared me was. I honestly can't see what appeals to people that actually pk with sins.

Basically this. I think I got maybe 50 kills on my sin till I had enough... And that was my first char on LC.

@Nurfed: I had a R8 sin +4 that kept double sparking from stealth and then restealth as soon as I used faith or badge and shrinked away yesterday. Afterwards he kept bragging how he ticked a R9 wizzies charm. Lol.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    DaKillanator: It's cause a sin is the "Easy kill" class. Sit in stealth and get chi -> find target -> Double spark -> Stun -> kill -> Repeat if unable to kill

:/

It's why i like my bm somewhat more, requires at least a 1/100th of a brain to figure out how to PvP on them. Requires a whole brain to be godly :X
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    so why is it that r9+12 sins think they are pro for killing other players by two spark frenzy HH from stealth lol? got hit for 16k last night with that combo and the sin just wanted to brag that they killed a r9 wizzie XD

Just do what I do. Challenge them to a pvp contest. When they accept, say "ok, lets see who gets most kills in tw this weekend as posted on the rankings page".

Either:

#1 - they won't be ranked, because there are sooooo many sins, then you lol at him for not being ranked.

#2 - they will be ranked, but will realize the trick and usually shut up, lol.

#3 - the won't realize the trick, then you stomp their 20-30 kills per tw with 100-150 kills, lol.

#4 - they refuse to accept the challenge, but keep yapping, at which time you can go to wc and say that sin is too scared to take you up on your pvp challenge.

Fact is, wizard is made to kill loads of people in tw, and sins are made to kill classes 1 vs 1. Most pk these days on most servers is 1 vs 1, so it in the sins wheel house and where the wizard is weakest. The more ways you can demonstrate that to them, the more they may get it.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lets see who gets most kills in tw this weekend as posted on the rankings page".

Isn't the rankings page not working? There's a thread in general discussion that said personal counts for Core isn't working but I think the pwi rankings page isn't working anymore either.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Isn't the rankings page not working? There's a thread in general discussion that said personal counts for Core isn't working but I think the pwi rankings page isn't working anymore either.

It was updating daily last week, I didn't check this weekend though. Only 1 TW.

Coreconnect used to show kill counts too - but they took it off. Not an updating issue.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I simply get above the Wiz, and drop down while sparking, and use my 79 skill to keep their expel from working.

Usually, bec of my build, most Wiz are 1shots if I can surprise them. Even then, I know Wiz well and can anticipate their cool downs and avoid them until I find that tiny gap where they have no chi and the hard hitting spells are on cool.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Gratz on being able to kill wiz as a sin and writing 3 lines about how you do it. :>
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

• John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b:chuckle

Try using Purify pots alongside Expel, youd be surprised how well it works to **** up "smart" sins.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide
    ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i set up db and tank it.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i set up db and tank it.

this actually worked many times lol

(featuring expel and extreme stupidity)
    i like potato
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b:chuckle

Try using Purify pots alongside Expel, youd be surprised how well it works to **** up "smart" sins.

Where the *** do you get purify pots? :S

• John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Where the *** do you get purify pots? :S

Been a long time since I used them but I think theyre normal level 4 apoth.

They look like Signs of Twilight.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/11324

Any old apothacary.

Obviously its a normal apoth pot, so you lose access to IG or w/e, but the surprise makes it work more often than youd bet. Just dont go relying on it 100% of the time because itl get countered like Expel already has.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Another thing you can do if you are good with timing is using Alpha male (if u have that skill maxed on genie) as most people believe that skill is only usefull for seekers, barbs, bms as pulling/tank classes they dont seem to realise that besides getting mobs aggro it has also another usage, it reflect physical damage you take for some seconds, I know most casters dont have the greatest physical defence in the world bit if a sin sparks on you is better to be able to deflect than to do nothing.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    doesn't alpha male unstealth sins? Does it need a target to be used?
  • Vital_Slash - Sanctuary
    Vital_Slash - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Does anybody with a full R9+12 Wiz ever get the Urge to BT a group of ppl in Pk? b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle
    Its ok... IM AN ARTIST!
This discussion has been closed.