Problem with Trial 1

Gliere - Lost City
Gliere - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
So my guild is having some trouble with Trial 1. The concept is that you must get every element at the same number to balance everything. The problem here is that there are 5 elements, meaning the combined total of mobs in each room must be divisible by 5. The rooms that we've gotten have consistently equaled up to two more than a number divisible by five. (Like 127, instead of 125).

Has anyone else had problems like this? We've tried resetting multiple times but always end up with two more than a number divisible by 5.

Now it won't let us reset anymore. Im guessing we've hit the cap for number of times we can reset.

b:cryb:cryb:cry

http://tinypic.com/r/5z38y/5
Post edited by Gliere - Lost City on

Comments

• RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    This trial is easy in that if you kill one element mob it increases the coresponding element.

I think it averaged out to about 28 each for us.
  • Gliere - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    This trial is easy in that if you kill one element mob it increases the coresponding element.

I think it averaged out to about 28 each for us.

I think you misunderstand. It's literally impossible for us to balance the branches because we have uneven numbers. Look at the link I posted to see what I mean.
  • Yudai - Sanctuary
    Yudai - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    We have the same issue. Our numbers are balancing out to 124. So its impossible to get an equal number of mobs. We reset the instance, and this time the total number of mobs is 239.. another unbalancable set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks NowItsAwn.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'm with Yudai - We just reset it a third time...and yet again, a number that can't be divided by the 5 elements equally.

This sucks. =( Our fac is really disappointed.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Gliere - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    It sounds like somethings a little screwy. Either we're doing something wrong, or someone messed something up during the implementation of the trials. Either way, I was disappointed with the result as well. Sorry you two are having the same difficulties that I have had.
  • Kodama_xx - Archosaur
    Kodama_xx - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Our faction ahd no problems, went to first trial balanced all the mobs to 25 in each room and conitnues to trial number two.
  • Wadzio - Lost City
    Wadzio - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It sounds like somethings a little screwy. Either we're doing something wrong, or someone messed something up during the implementation of the trials. Either way, I was disappointed with the result as well. Sorry you two are having the same difficulties that I have had.

Probably what happened... Some of Your guildies run to one of the portals and killed a mob from element before You started the trial. It lead to the situation You had the wrong amount of elements from the scratch. We didnt have this trouble in Vengeful, I also know ChinaTown had no troubles with this trial too. Well try ticket it to GMs.
    Because size really MATTERS!!!
  • SaphirHealer - Archosaur
    SaphirHealer - Archosaur Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    the answer is 28...get 1 room to 28, move to the next, get it to 28, move to the next, get it to 28....and so on..it evens out no worrys :P
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Wow, was it that bad? We did it in our faction and the first time went smoothly with no reset. I remember we kept trying to balance them and the final mob count was 30 for each. We started with the element having he highest value. When we kill one element, the next element incremented by 1, and worked on one room at a time/ 1 mob at a time. How were you guys handling it I wonder?
  • Pingfu - Archosaur
    Pingfu - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Wow, was it that bad? We did it in our faction and the first time went smoothly with no reset. I remember we kept trying to balance them and the final mob count was 30 for each. We started with the element having he highest value. When we kill one element, the next element incremented by 1, and worked on one room at a time/ 1 mob at a time. How were you guys handling it I wonder?

We went in and awkwardly killed everything. Then we figured out that we needed to even them out, so we ganked up on one element and got it down to 28, then continued getting the kill count for every room down to 28. And thats how I got my first 12 memorial coins.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Wadzio...even if that's what had happened, it doesn't matter. You start out with a set total number of mobs. And when you kill a mob in one ele, a mob from it's corresponding ele is made. In our case, as Yudai said, we'd gotten a total of 239 mobs...that's obviously not divisible by 5 equally. And that was the SECOND time we'd reset the mobs, and had told everyone to not do anything, so they all sat and waited with us in the main room. And the third time we reset, same problem.

And yes, Neo, that's how we did it - we worked out way from the top element on the list, metal, and went down the list. In the first try, we ended up with -

Metal - 25
    Water - 25
    Wood - 25
    Fire - 25
    Earth - ...24 >_>

Then we reset...and added up the numbers right away. Got 239 total.

Talked about how it was the same issue and didn't bother messing with the mobs...

Reset again, got a total of...uhhhh...Can't remember, but it was more, but still not equally divisible. ~_~ Fac mats got disappointed, and we gave up for the night, since people needed to sleep anyway.
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Is it possible you reset before the final mob spawned?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Wadzio...even if that's what had happened, it doesn't matter. You start out with a set total number of mobs. And when you kill a mob in one ele, a mob from it's corresponding ele is made. In our case, as Yudai said, we'd gotten a total of 239 mobs...that's obviously not divisible by 5 equally. And that was the SECOND time we'd reset the mobs, and had told everyone to not do anything, so they all sat and waited with us in the main room. And the third time we reset, same problem.

And yes, Neo, that's how we did it - we worked out way from the top element on the list, metal, and went down the list. In the first try, we ended up with -

Metal - 25
    Water - 25
    Wood - 25
    Fire - 25
    Earth - ...24 >_>

Then we reset...and added up the numbers right away. Got 239 total.

Talked about how it was the same issue and didn't bother messing with the mobs...

Reset again, got a total of...uhhhh...Can't remember, but it was more, but still not equally divisible. ~_~ Fac mats got disappointed, and we gave up for the night, since people needed to sleep anyway.

I don't remember what the total mob count was when we first started - was in a state of mass confusion. This is either a glitch or maybe there is a particular rule that is not yet identified in balancing the mobs. I clearly remember as we were about to have all the rooms balanced, the mob counter was unexpectedly changed in a different room (one that was already balanced). Our first and only speculation was that someone in our faction popped into the base and started killing mobs without knowledge of what was trying to be achieved. This of course was not verified. Perhaps the increment is not only triggered each time we kill a mob, but maybe also for a certain amount of mobs we kill consecutively in a room? Next time I do this, I try to keep every detail in mind. Sorry I couldn't make it online last night to help Kaku b:surrender
  • Yudai - Sanctuary
    Yudai - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    np :3

But it was verified that someone was in that room, unbalancing things. I went into that particular room to check myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks NowItsAwn.
  • Lilihaa - Archosaur
    Lilihaa - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    we had the same problem in our faction... we had two extra.. but we killed two at the same time in one room, and it activated the boss in the center before they spawned in the other room.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Interesting...Maybe we can try that next time, then...
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gliere - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    Awesome, we'll give this a try! Thanks for the confirming that this idea works. Timings gunna suck though......
  • Zaphael - Heavens Tear
    Zaphael - Heavens Tear Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Enrage on HT had this problem too. The first time we started the trial, we completed it but ended up with 23 mobs in all rooms but one. It had 22.

We reset the trial, but after 3 resets it still wouldn't be possible to balance.

Info wise, the "reset" didn't reset. It just added more mobs to the rooms up to 120 in all rooms and 121 in one. The resets = more mobs, not a reset...from all we could tell.

How to actually "reset" this...

EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE BASE needs to leave the base. Anyone doing base quests or afk or anything, go outside the base. Wait 5-10 minutes. When you go back inside, it will all be reset to 0.

It's really important that your faction listen to directions here, because they need to not kill any mobs until the counter is completely done setting random numbers. When the numbers are done, they should be divisible evenly by 5.

If someone kills a mob before the counter randomizes the numbers completely, it can glitch. If someone kills a mob before the trial is started, it can glitch.

It was easiest (with a lot of members trying to do the trial) to have ONLY the person starting the trial to go in after reset. When the numbers were done, everyone else came in and picked up the quest like normal.

Yay PWI loves glitches!
    "there is a majority of people I can't here stand anymore. The skill level in TW has decreased dramatically. Frankly I am tired leading a TW of a bunch of idiots and morons. I outlasted my patience for them. I just can't waste anymore time here." ~Ehmi's leaving post.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Yea, it's definitely a glitch. There is no other way to make the mob count go up one without killing one.

How to actually "reset" this...

EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE BASE needs to leave the base. Anyone doing base quests or afk or anything, go outside the base. Wait 5-10 minutes. When you go back inside, it will all be reset to 0.

It's really important that your faction listen to directions here, because they need to not kill any mobs until the counter is completely done setting random numbers. When the numbers are done, they should be divisible evenly by 5.

If someone kills a mob before the counter randomizes the numbers completely, it can glitch. If someone kills a mob before the trial is started, it can glitch.

It was easiest (with a lot of members trying to do the trial) to have ONLY the person starting the trial to go in after reset. When the numbers were done, everyone else came in and picked up the quest like normal.

Yay PWI loves glitches!

Going to try this method Zaphael :D
  • Zaphael - Heavens Tear
    Zaphael - Heavens Tear Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Neodaystar, hopefully that method will work for ya'll. Just make sure anybody in the base stays out for at least 5 minutes, even if they are doing other quests inside instead of the trial.

We've asked our members not to afk inside the base anymore while this still glitches. We had to wait 30 minutes for someone to come back from afk >_<
    "there is a majority of people I can't here stand anymore. The skill level in TW has decreased dramatically. Frankly I am tired leading a TW of a bunch of idiots and morons. I outlasted my patience for them. I just can't waste anymore time here." ~Ehmi's leaving post.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Ahhh, thank you, Zaphael - when we tried resetting, we did try kicking everyone out...but only to the base itself, not outside the base, and there was an afk person or two...and we didn't wait so long xD It did seem odd that it only kept adding on more mobs, not really fixing the problem.

Yudai also sent a ticket the other day, so we're kind of waiting to see what that'll bring about...if anything xD
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    We tried this method but it didnt reset the mobs to 0 :<

We still have an impossible count.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    We tried this method but it didnt reset the mobs to 0 :<

We still have an impossible count.

Then either not everybody left the base, or not everybody stayed out. The actual time for universal reset I believe is 35 minutes, I've been able to get an instance back after 24mins d/c'd. PWI says that it's 15 mins, but it seems more like they reset every 15 if you haven't been inside in the last 10. Also, it may be essential for everybody to drop the quest for it to work this way as well.

Honestly, you'd prob know the actual timing better than me Asterelle the math master. Reset instance=reset mobs, Base is the same instance as the trials, it's just been drastically enlarged and the lighting rules changed, so make sure everybody's 100% out of the instance.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Then either not everybody left the base, or not everybody stayed out. The actual time for universal reset I believe is 35 minutes, I've been able to get an instance back after 24mins d/c'd. PWI says that it's 15 mins, but it seems more like they reset every 15 if you haven't been inside in the last 10. Also, it may be essential for everybody to drop the quest for it to work this way as well.

Honestly, you'd prob know the actual timing better than me Asterelle the math master. Reset instance=reset mobs, Base is the same instance as the trials, it's just been drastically enlarged and the lighting rules changed, so make sure everybody's 100% out of the instance.

math doesn't make you more patient. We ended up waiting again like 15-20 mins and it reset. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html