nine trials

Options
LoraTab - Dreamweaver
LoraTab - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Tideswell (East)
Ok, simple, what factions on dreamweaver have succesfully completed all nine trials? Got hints,stories,opinons,etc....

Ok, Im sure regen will do it but is there any other faction with enought power, team work, and active players left to suceed?
Post edited by LoraTab - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Regen got to trial 9 but we having to put it off atm due to we dont have enough ppl to do it...lets just say trial 9 will make you poo out gold bricks when you try it the first time. Anyways anyone else love the look of each instance o.o PWE finally made some decent looking instance Im really surprised with it and pleased.
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I probably won't be able to attempt the trials at all. Dead faction is dead. :/
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    We didn't have many on-maybe 30ish and got to the third one where the things just blow up the towers.

Truthfully if factions such as regens didnt have enough people on it makes me feel beeter, because it seems like the players are so spread out now, lots of factions can't seem to have more that 30-40 on at any given time.

Honestly how dead areas such as south bank was today-makes me worried about the games death speeding up.
  • B/NDIT - Dreamweaver21
    B/NDIT - Dreamweaver21 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i think all this new content is fantastic and some of the trial's challenges are intelligent and challenging. +10 to pwi you have really impressed me for the first time in possibley 1 year+ regen started out the trials with 50+ people? i didn't really count but it went on for about 12 hours and but the 9th trial we was down to 15-25 people and had to stop for the night everyone was pooped b:faint
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So nobody wants to actually share any info about what each trial is an how to beat it?
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So nobody wants to actually share any info about what each trial is an how to beat it?

My opinion is that it would be more fun for factions to encounter each trial and figure it out on their own. That was a big part of the fun for me last night (I was Regen for trials 5-9). Besides, it won't be long before someone with too much time on their hands writes up a nice guide on the general discussion or quest tips forums.

For OP: definitely other factions besides Regen can complete this. I would say that if other TW factions are able to get about 50 people online and organized then they should be able to handle trial 9. As Bandit said, we were down to about 25 people by trial 9 and had almost no melee (I think 2-3 barbs and 1 BM) - it was an archer and arcane squishy fest. I would say trial 8 takes a decent amount of people as well. And I think even smaller factions that can get at least 30 people (lvl 100+), if they can get past trial 5 then they can do 6 and 7 no problem. One hint for trial 5: you'll want to have a cleric in each squad for BB as you need to split up (imo 5 is much harder than 6 and 7).

Actually here is the most important piece of advice ... don't let someone start trial 9 before half of the people are in the instance, and some are still getting stuff from bank, getting repaired, base buffed, etc. Even with only 25 people and hardly any melee, if that didn't happen we might have made it pretty close. And to that person ... if it was an accident I forgive you ... but you're still a noob.
  • B/NDIT - Dreamweaver21
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Regen just finished 9 Trial tonight b:kiss I slept through it b:cry
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    2 biggest pieces of advice: read what the trial is before anyone starts it (would have saved us some time, but a few were started before we could read >.>). Second, make sure you have a decent number of melee/archers/casters, since some mobs will be phys or elemental immune. Also, trial 9 will require it.
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Regen finished the 9th trial today, it is brutal but entirely do-able.

My brain is still a bit melted from the experience, so I won't try to write a guide till I've done it again. Best advice I can give is try to have at least 8 "perfect" squads (cleric/barb/bm/DDs), have them all on voice chat of some sort, and read carefully the instructions at the npcs before starting the quests (many can be started by anyone, so make sure everyone knows).
    If you make it to trial 8, focus on freeing one prisoner at a time. If you make it to 9, set up zhens near angels, and pray a lot.

There are a lot of mobs in most stages, and the bosses have hundreds of millions of hp, so make sure you are all repaired and stocked on pots, apoths, charms, etc. Prepare for it like a TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Last trial final boss.
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/valandil87/9Trials.jpg
    Angels <3
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/valandil87/9Trials3.jpg
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/valandil87/9Trials2.jpg

last trial screenshots. Grats Regens, great job.

There's a few tips I can give to all factions trying the trials:
    1- Be organized. and make sure you have all kinds of apothecary available for your disposal, I dont want to spoil the fun in discovering what happens, so that's all I'll say there.
    2- Make sure you have 1 person starting quests, as Zarni said, our only faction wipe occurred because someone started the quest as we were taking base buffs, and we got overwhelmed by mobs on the last trial xD
    3- Have fun. Enjoy the learning process of the trials, we don't want to spoil it by saying what you should do. The quest description of the NPC is more than enough to guide you through, how your faction works together to solve the puzzles, that's an entirely different story.

Oh and one last thing, if your computer isn't great like mine, turn your effects off if you value playing lagless. even at no specs there were times my game would drop to 2fps D:

It was very fun, I want to do it again already
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Sometimes you get one shotted out of no whereb:surrender
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well it still not been done even once to my knowledge by any faction besides regen. Btw has anyone noticed where all the people who used to hang out in arch went to? Been looking alittle more dead everyday.Kinda sad, because the nine trial is actually fun, if not profitable.
  • B/NDIT - Dreamweaver21
    edited November 2011
    Options

nab deals nab damageb:sin
  • Berserker_ - Dreamweaver
    Berserker_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    trials are fun, trial 9 sure enough is fun, and for the people dissapearing from hot spots, games to damaged people leaving swiftly nothing is fun anymore, trials are though till it gets boring like TW did. b:bye enjoy the game while it lastsb:pleased
    [SIGPIC]www.spades.tw[/SIGPIC]
    b:cute
  • Brivido - Dreamweaver
    Brivido - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Gratz on completing the trials :) havent had the chanche to do them yet but it surely will be fun.

Did you guys get a special reward for completing all the 9 trials (aside the possibility to do it another 2 times and the normal drops)?
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    really, guys

did u get that far after i left to hit my bed?

omg

i got facked up tired after our first time in #2 b:cry
    i like potato
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    People that AFKs in south archo you mean?

Cause to my knowledge most people that AFKs in north are from spades. Most afkers in south are from regen, booty and devoted.

Have you considered the possibility we all have been, idk, doing the trials? :P

What you get from completing the 9th trial, is the chance of redoing them in hard mode. This is our next goal. No special reward other than doble chest and pack as the 9th trial reward. Maybe in hard mode we all get doble pack on every trial? We haven't started them. We will during this weekend xD

And go to hell badger, 130k and yet I was still holding aggro D:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    got to love that double damage buff lol
    i like potato
  • B/NDIT - Dreamweaver21
    edited November 2011
    Options
    QQ so mean imma tell blood on you she'll pk you b:avoid
  • Berserker_ - Dreamweaver
    Berserker_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Gratz Spades on Doing the 9 trials.b:dirty
    [SIGPIC]www.spades.tw[/SIGPIC]
    b:cute
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ok so that makes regen first an the spades has now completed it too? Trying to figure out how many are actually gonna manage-so far it looks like maybe the top 6 or so factions have a chance at finishing it in the weeks time.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    grats spades.

Once you complete all 9 trials, you'll get to start the next set of trials in a "harder" mode. It is indeed more challenging, however we're already done with the first 4 for today. We'll finish the other 5 tomorrow hopefully. One thing is for sure, it will require more people than the first trials did xD
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    got to love that double damage buff lol

MP REGEN ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
    Would be so hax if you could use it outside base

Poodres don't pull them all at 9th trial again D:
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Can seeker hold up vortex with regen buff?
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Can seeker hold up vortex with regen buff?

yes, unless you have mp debuff then you'll have eat mp food. The mp regen is instant
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4286/20111106175806.png

Completed Medium mode. I'm scared as hell to even try god mode.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • LoraTab - Dreamweaver
    LoraTab - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ok, so far we have regen completeing 2 9 trials an spades 1 and no other faction able to. I wonder how long untill everyone gravitates to those two factions so they can recast thier rank 8........

Least itll clean up all the tiny factions
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    actualy Dynasty also completed trials few mins back
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ok, so far we have regen completeing 2 9 trials an spades 1 and no other faction able to. I wonder how long untill everyone gravitates to those two factions so they can recast thier rank 8........

Least itll clean up all the tiny factions

max players is 200

regen is at 190

figure
    i like potato
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    For the more important things... Are any faction selling the drops from this to fund their TW so that players without a faction base/strong faction can recast R8 too? (A)
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94