DD or tank Seeker what build is more needed?

Purespiritt - Raging Tide
Purespiritt - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Seeker
I want to try a new character in PWI. Try a little to play a physic but seeker is very intereresting. Today i make seeker and I'm indecisive abouit builds. Generally are tank and damage dealers seekers. I would to ask You what kind of them are better and more needed in party. I know that are better DDeks like archer,physic and best tank is barbarian but seeker must choose his own way to.
I'd like to make dd seeker more. And now the 2nd question about build. From Your's expierience by play a seeker and with/against him which build will be the best... (get's from Knightblayde's guide)
1. Str/Dex Balance: 6 Str | 4 Dex
2. High str: 7 Str | 3 Dex
4.High DEX: 5 STR | 5 DEX
3. VIT-based Formula ("common" formula): 5 STR | 3 DEX | 2 VIT

I can imagine the difference between each builds but its only on my mind and want to ask U for concentrete tips.
Post edited by Purespiritt - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I want to try a new character in PWI. Try a little to play a physic but seeker is very intereresting. Today i make seeker and I'm indecisive abouit builds. Generally are tank and damage dealers seekers. I Would to ask You what kind of them are better and more needed in party. I know that are better DDeks like archer,physic and best tank is barbarian but seeker must choose his own way to.
    I'd like to make dd seeker more. And now the 2nd question about build. From Your's expierience by play a seeker and with/against him which build will be the best... (get's from Knightblayde's guide)
    1. Str/Dex Balance: 6 Str | 4 Dex
    2. High str: 7 Str | 3 Dex
    4.High DEX: 5 STR | 5 DEX
    3. VIT-based Formula ("common" formula): 5 STR | 3 DEX | 2 VIT

I can imagine the difference between each builds but its only on my mind and want to ask U for concrete tips.

Do whatever you like. It depends on your playstyle. I'm personally going for vit based but will restat once I get to endgame with high enough refines to have good hp. And with decent gear and a cleric a DD seeker, can tank too :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:puzzled why choose between DD and tank? you can do a lot of damage and still be able to tank easily (thats my case). tought, you just need to learn the class and be sure to have decent gears.

most used build is to start with 5 str, 3 dex and 2 vit until you like your vit and then switch to 7 str, 3 dex or 6 str, 4 dex. puting 5 str and 5 dex is starting to shot yourself in the feet damage wise lol
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Purespiritt - Raging Tide
    Purespiritt - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hmmm i read whole Knightblayde's guide and my cogitation's are:
    - seeker use many of skills so high number of strenght isn't so important (only so many to wear equpiment). The most dmg comes from skills not regullar attacks
    - VIT -based formula isn't good idea cause U can get hp from equipments/shards. Generally i always thought that is better to hit stronger than be able to get 1 more hit more - the best defense is atttack
    - in 2 lvls U must give 5 STR and 3 DEX points to wear equipments and weapons without a problems. Rest 2 points depends from Your choise.

Thats the way I eliminate VIT-based Formula 5 STR/ 3 DEX/ 2 VIT and High STR build 7 STR/ 3 DEX.
    STR/DEX Balance: 6 STR/ 4 DEX and High DEX: 5 STR/ 5 DEX looks pretty good for me.

I'm the most pro High Dex but... think about 1 more option...
    Prodably it isn't good idea but i just hit on such a build - 5 STR/ 4 DEX/1 VIT...Likely it can be to much hybrid and from expieriense I know that pure builds (yea i like the word pure b:chuckle) are better.
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hmmm i read whole Knightblayde's guide and my cogitation's are:
    - seeker use many of skills so high number of strenght isn't so important (only so many to wear equpiment). The most dmg comes from skills not regullar attacks
    But the skills are still based on your phys attack, having higher str makes your skills hit harder too ;)
    - VIT -based formula isn't good idea cause U can get hp from equipments/shards. Generally i always thought that is better to hit stronger than be able to get 1 more hit more - the best defense is atttack
    - in 2 lvls U must give 5 STR and 3 DEX points to wear equipments and weapons without a problems. Rest 2 points depends from Your choise.

Thats the way I eliminate VIT-based Formula 5 STR/ 3 DEX/ 2 VIT and High STR build 7 STR/ 3 DEX.
    STR/DEX Balance: 6 STR/ 4 DEX and High DEX: 5 STR/ 5 DEX looks pretty good for me.
    You won't get any damage from dex. Dex only gives you crit (think it was 1% for each 20 dex) and accuracy. If you want more crit you can find ornaments with that :o if you want more accuracy there's rings with that stat and gear too :o
    Prodably it isn't good idea but i just hit on such a build - 5 STR/ 4 DEX/1 VIT...Likely it can be to much hybrid and from expieriense I know that pure builds (yea i like the word pure b:chuckle) are better.

If you like damage, go with 7str and 3 dex. I personally love my vit on my seeker, but others are happy with the str. build and it seems to work well ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HildieGarde - Heavens Tear
    HildieGarde - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Prodably it isn't good idea but i just hit on such a build - 5 STR/ 4 DEX/1 VIT...Likely it can be to much hybrid and from expieriense I know that pure builds (yea i like the word pure ) are better.
    Low Vit works ok on regular mob, or if you are in a squad with a Barb or other Tank. But if you are fighting a Boss or multiple mob simultaneously, after all the Seeker has the best AOEs in the game, you will likely die without +Vit even if you have HP shards.

I know all about pure builds, I have a pure Mag Cleric and Pure Mag Wiz, and they are great, but they are a support DD class and rely on a Tank to keep the damage away from them. In my experience, like it or not, Seekers are going to be Tanking much of the time mid-game. You can't compare Seekers with other Pure DDs because by design a Seeker is a Hybrid Tank/DD. You will be taking aggro and will need to survive the hits.

But by all means try it. But if you find you are dying a lot more than you like you will be amazed at what some +Vit will do to your survivability.

But I recommend against high DEX, it only increases you Crit % not damage. Put that extra Dex into Str/Vit
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The problem I have with the high vit build is seekers aren't the best at keeping aggro and thats part of a tanks job. I'm not convinced the high damage build isn't really the best tanker build because it will hold aggro better.

And since there are so many sins you will usually be getting bloodpaint and the more damage you do the more HP you get back from that.

Many ppl say if you don't go high vit you'll suck down pots at low levels while grinding. But my experience is a lot of physical DDer classes suck down HP pots no matter what. At low levels its use pots or meditate every 2-3 kills. I'm not convinced high vit fixes this or that its even that big a problem.

And hanging over the whole build issue is that if you can spend the money the ideal end game build will be low vit and high armor refines for HP bonus.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • HildieGarde - Heavens Tear
    HildieGarde - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    laloner wrote: »
    The problem I have with the high vit build is seekers aren't the best at keeping aggro and thats part of a tanks job. I'm not convinced the high damage build isn't really the best tanker build because it will hold aggro better.

And since there are so many sins you will usually be getting bloodpaint and the more damage you do the more HP you get back from that.
    A Tank that gets aggro and dies is no use at all. I've been in BHs with two Barbs who both died at a boss and I ended up Tanking and surviving while the Cleric rezed the Barbs.

BP only gives you 2% healing back I don't think the % difference in extra damage will give you enough healing to make up for lack of HP.

I don't know what the extra damage formula each extra Str point gives but I don't think it is that huge. I didn't see a big difference in damage output when I restated 30 of my Vit points into Str, but I did feel a huge difference in survivability.

At least mid-game the biggest factor in the Aggro ping-pong seems to me to be the relative levels, gear quality and how much the appropriate skills have been leveled. Also it makes a big difference if you are the first to hit with say Gemini Slash.

Once, you start Vortex only high levels and really good Barbs can keep the aggro from you, even with Vit build. (I have level 7 Vortex).
  • Arkterix - Archosaur
    Arkterix - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    My seeker is lvl 28, and I have an extremely high vit build. I can take on several mobs in a row without meditating or using potions, or take on several mobs all at once. The only problem is that I don't kill as fast as I would like to. But then again, I also play an archer as my main character. Maybe the archer's high damage is putting things out of proportion.
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    In my personal experience from leveling my barb recently, too many seekers opt for the pure DD option without having suitable HP from gear and refines, which results in them being too squishy, which means they die fast and can't pull properly. Its no good putting out lots of damage if you can't stay alive to do so.

I'd aim for at least 6k HP at level 100 as a minimum. Personally I am more vit heavy, with 60 vit and 8.7k HP at 101, and I'm not that well refined or sharded, and my gear is far from done. I prefer the tank option because I like to do things like solo phoenix valley and like being harder to kill in PvP. I'd like to have 10k base HP by the time I'm done with my gear but thats just my opinion
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    b:surrender sorry to say, but necro thread now
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Vital_Slash - Sanctuary
    Vital_Slash - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Leave the Tanking to the barbs..cause i got flamed by another barb on my seeker. He said i was "Taking" his job.

btw he's only lvl 54 and he has about 3.4k hp unbuffed...
    Its ok... IM AN ARTIST!