Whats with the cat shop tax???

kondors
kondors Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
I checked the update news, and the patch notes and the forums too but I cant locate any info on this.
I was told by someone that it had been implemented but I cant find anything official on it.

What I can say for certain is this... you put 9 mil in a trade window from your shop to a.n. other char and it shows as 9 mil to both players, but on completion of the trade somewhere around 7.5% of it disappears into the ether.

So it seems that not content with making the game more and more CS oriented every day, they are now taxing people on buying and selling anything in shop mode.

So what happens when when someone says for example... "WTS championship scroll 23 mil"
Do they lose like 2 mil in the trade when they get a buyer?
If not, why not?
If so, and actually regardless of that, because of the taxation on shops.. that just means that in a very short space of time, the cost of everything is going to go up.
Imagine the case of a vendor selling hypers at 89k while tokens are 11k per. Thats already a very small profit.. but if they lose 7-10% on the transaction.. then they will actually make a loss at that price.

I heard that the taxation applies to items over a certain value?
Are there different rates for say 1 mil, 5 mil, 10 mil, 50 mil etc?

Be nice to have this explained properly somewhere and at least mentioned in the update news.

Bad news or not, its still news and an update.

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If this is true, you can thank me then, because I jokingly posted the idea of a consignment shop fee like last year.

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'd love to see a definite confirmation or denial of this.
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    heh, thanks alot known.... thnx for giving them the idea :P >.<
  • Vorbane - Harshlands
    Vorbane - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    They see me trollin, they hatin.
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    did u actually have a point Vorb?
  • Vorbane - Harshlands
    Vorbane - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2011

This kid is trolling.
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011

Who knows, with the way the forums have been lately...b:surrender
  • kondors
    kondors Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I can confirm 100% that money is taken... transferred 9 mil from shop to another char and it showed as that in both windows. As trade completed, amount that actually appeared in the inventory was around 8.3 mil.
    No notice, no nothing... 9 mil left the shop.. about 8.3 ended up in the other inventory.
    Fact.
    Cant be exact because the other char had around 300k on it i think. After the transaction there was 8.4 mil give or take a few coins.
    Shop account was now 9 mil less but other account was not 9 mil up.
    Sad but true.

As for you having suggested it Know.. thats fine, and in some ways I dont mind them doing it I guess, but at least have the decency to say so for Gods sake pw.

Probably find that the staff here dont know tbh.. they are clueless on most other things.

Sad thing is.. 99% of the sales were on things like teles, herbs, hypers and cheap **** like that...
    Not like I was selling things like... oh i dont know... Medals of Glory or some other absolute rip off waste of space items.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Tested and disproven.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Tested and disproven.

I haven't actually fully tested it, but I do know that my money on my catshop xxx60,000. I'm selling packs for 460,000 each, and if a tax was taken out, then that number of 60,000 would not be able to exist in my cash amount.
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I haven't actually fully tested it, but I do know that my money on my catshop xxx60,000. I'm selling packs for 460,000 each, and if a tax was taken out, then that number of 60,000 would not be able to exist in my cash amount.

uhhhhhh... yes it would with all the variables in it. like the money you had on yourself beforehand the money taken out can still equal something with 60k in it depending on how many you sold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Since this has been proven to be a myth, I'll close this up before it gets out of hand.
This discussion has been closed.