Did we also get the game engine update as well? O.o

Options
RunicKnight - Heavens Tear
RunicKnight - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Not too long ago, the Chinese client got an update in the graphics department, where it allowed the game to load a bit smoothly, and the Blur (Soften) option was toned down significantly. Now, just out of curiosity, I toned all the gfx options to the max, and to my surprise, the Blur was toned down here as well O.o

Anyone notices any changes, or is it just my (false) impression?
Post edited by RunicKnight - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• guitarted
    guitarted Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i thought they were updating the game graphics engine in the next expansion next year.
  • RunicKnight - Heavens Tear
    RunicKnight - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    No not really, it was a 7mb "fix" that helped with loading textures and lowering blur effects...
  • deathmarine
    deathmarine Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ohhh new game engine with next expansion???? does that mean we are getting a modded version of frostbite 2? Or I shouldn't have my hopes up on this game looking rly good? :/
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    There is not gonna be a new game engine update. At least there was no hints pointing toward it yet.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Keep in mind that whatever we do eventually get, it typically 3-6 months behind when PW-CN get is AND typically by then they've changed it enough so that it's not recognizable here, or they decide not to do it and work on something else instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]