Would i be correct?

Options
2»

Comments

• prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I wish I lived in your world prof, it seems awesome.

because your ideas and theories are as useless as your experience as a 9x cleric? b:sweat
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ~Math~
    My head hurts now, but yea I get it.

@Prof
    ....I'm gonna agree with x_rays on this
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Deteriorate - Harshlands
    Deteriorate - Harshlands Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    prof wrote: »
    because your ideas and theories are as useless as your experience as a 9x cleric? b:sweat

9x Cleric?

My cleric has been 100 well over a year and basically retired for over half a year, who the **** do you think I am?

The reason I think yu live in a fantasy word is because you get to deal with ideal equips and dont have ot make any kind of damn choice. Most of us have to make some sort of choice, id personally aim for a higher crit rate than channel Ultis and high end spells faster because im not going to be able to rely on channelling faster.

Dunno about you, but I know for sure im not going to be oneshotting many people with Gush with a ****ing +4 Neon Purgatory, and unless I crit BT or MS and theyre not in decent gear / stupid I wont be doing it with ultis too much either.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    9x Cleric?

My cleric has been 100 well over a year and basically retired for over half a year, who the **** do you think I am?

The reason I think yu live in a fantasy word is because you get to deal with ideal equips and dont have ot make any kind of damn choice. Most of us have to make some sort of choice, id personally aim for a higher crit rate than channel Ultis and high end spells faster because im not going to be able to rely on channelling faster.

Dunno about you, but I know for sure im not going to be oneshotting many people with Gush with a ****ing +4 Neon Purgatory, and unless I crit BT or MS and theyre not in decent gear / stupid I wont be doing it with ultis too much either.

So keep wandering around hitting everything in site so you can get lucky that 1 in 100 time and be able to gloat about it. -Sounds fun! Oh wait.. you retired.. -why still here? Go out from under the bridge and enjoy life!
  • Deteriorate - Harshlands
    Deteriorate - Harshlands Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    So keep wandering around hitting everything in site so you can get lucky that 1 in 100 time and be able to gloat about it. -Sounds fun! Oh wait.. you retired.. -why still here? Go out from under the bridge and enjoy life!

*11% chance and I still play my Sin, Wizard and occasionally my BM.

Man, I really want to know who you are confusing me with.....
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Wh0 is this n0n fact0r I have never seen 0n the f0rum that is demanding attenti0n???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Wh0 is this n0n fact0r I have never seen 0n the f0rum that is demanding attenti0n???

y0u...
  • prof
    edited November 2011
    Options
    9x Cleric?

I live in a fantasy world because I'm not a lazy slacker, much like most of pwi? what do you do while you're online with your sin? jump from roof to roof(common slacker thing to do)? sin farms faster and easier than any other class in pw, yet you can't come up with enough money for r8?

you know, when I came back to pwi a bit ago, I had about 300k. this is because I lent everything I had to a friend of mine(about 100m, I was only 7x) that's no different than you: he can't make money. it's normal, not everybody has the mindset, but to use it in an argument to say certain gear isn't fair game because you're too lazy to get it is bull**** lol

@cytte:
    not sure what you're agreeing with, he's making up fake equations to determine the usefulness of different mods on gear and complaining that i question his experience with a mage in pvp. are we on the same page with him b:question
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well there are 2 problems that a wizard has to deal with when it comes to the stats on the gear.

a) You cant have high crit high mag att and high chan all at the same time

b) If you max out 1 of the attributes you will sacrifice another one + leaving it out will have negative side effects too

To explain what I mean lets say you go for crit only and leave out chan then you will be weak against a player who has gone for high chan because the high chan player will hit you more often even slightly weaker and has a better chi generation due to a higher amount of attacks and more chances for chi gaining effects like sage pyro. On the other hand the chance to win the fight quick with two crits in a row increases for the crit player. By leaving out mag attack you also decrease your mana pool and some skills are based on your basic magic attack which is influenced by your points in magic If you go for a high chan build you will lose crit rate and defense because you wont be able to wear phys ornaments.....

Consider that wizard is the slowest caster in the game and channeling helps a lot for instance with 26% you can sleep followed by bids and with more chan you even can ms in a sleep or fow. So channeling also increases your possibilities for a more versatile playstyle.

greetz harmOwnie
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well there are 2 problems that a wizard has to deal with when it comes to the stats on the gear.

I'm not gonna take a crappy ring with low matk high crit and no other good stats, and that's basically how you'd be getting "high crit" for rings. Not many necks / belts have decent crit adds and if they do; they're extremely expensive.

Rank 9 ring has less crit than Rank 8 btw.
  • prof
    edited November 2011
    Options

even my old mage had 14.5-17.5k matk, 39-49% cast, and 8-12% crit(all depending on weapon). I saw that character as "finished" and "perfect". by today's standards, this old styled mage is still on-par with most of pwi's lazy community.

what's achievable today? replacing a bit of my old mage's gear will give you more crit, more matk, and more cast. what exactly do you consider "high"?
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    prof wrote: »
    even my old mage had 14.5-17.5k matk, 39-49% cast, and 8-12% crit(all depending on weapon). I saw that character as "finished" and "perfect". by today's standards, this old styled mage is still on-par with most of pwi's lazy community.

what's achievable today? replacing a bit of my old mage's gear will give you more crit, more matk, and more cast. what exactly do you consider "high"?

Those tome that you had equipped "The Heavenly Scent" ... where you got it with -3% channeling ?

Edit:
    According real data (may be, not checked other items of your equipment, just corrected tome to real -1% channeling), you have not more than:
    Channelling -37%
    Critical Hit Rate +11%
    Magic +51
    Maximum Magic Attack +130

as bonus to your magic damage.

Or in average ~137%*111%*(100+51/5)%=167% or 67% more than basic for your character
    (just for easy calculation it is equivalent to ((100+37)/100)*((100+11)/100)*((100+51/5)/100)=1.67 or 167%).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    edited November 2011
    Options
    the -1% mod doesn't exist in pw, all -1% mods actually give -3%.
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If u want dps make a sin >.>, or got to a private server were about 50% players are -99% channeling full +12 wizards that kill everything in less than 5 seconds but get killed damn fast as well.

To me wizards is a class that should worry about HIT power and not dps, the purpose is to WTF PWN ppl either singe targets or large crowds in 1 shot, thats a wizard and as descripition of the class says when u make a character, as long as a wizard breaths enemy wont be safe.
This discussion has been closed.