Fail Rule Changes Grim Event!

Options
2»

Comments

• TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Okay here is the problem, I think you are confusing my use of the term "net" synonomous with the terms "Bag, catch, enmesh, ensnare, entangle, hook, lasso, nab, or trap", with the term "Net Worth" or "Gross Income" easy mistake to make, but the terms mean completely different things.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ok....so to use YOUR terms.... ya, u can "bag" a mil opening the chest.... still a idiot if u do it. lol

wait...... more coming in a min, finding my post
    except it can't.... rofl Net or Gross u still gain money, with this YOU LOSE. lol

Unless people are actually buying chest for a mil a pop.... :O

that was my SECOND POST....... you didnt' get it then? took u this long? LMAO gnite.. for real this time almost 3 am and this is just stupid.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ok....so to use YOUR terms.... ya, u can "bag" a mil opening the chest.... still a idiot if u do it. lol

wait...... more coming in a min, finding my post

I won't argue that a person who does open the chest for the money is either an idiot or so new to the game that they don't know what they are doing. But... what was your argument again?

EDIT: as for you're second half of the post. What I got out of this entire thing is that you like arguing inane points with people who actually agree with you. I apologize for using a different definition of the term net than you were using. In the future I will use my understanding of the english language a little more carefully and try to select words with less than 2 different definitions to them just in case there are people running around who cannot discern the difference between the context of the usage in question.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I won't argue that a person who does open the chest for the money is either an idiot or so new to the game that they don't know what they are doing. But... what was your argument again?
    look above, u didn't wait long enough...
    edited October 2011
    Options
    look above, u didn't wait long enough...

Neither did you.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    eh? i told u to wait so i could find my post.. What the hell was i supposed to be waiting for? IT TOOK U TWO OTHER PAGES TO REALIZE I WAS TALKIGN NET OR GROSS (learn to read maybe? since i said it two pages ago woulda saved like 1/2 an hour of b.s....)? Like any other person would think when your'e talking about MONEY (real or not)....

And only reason i'm still replying, i'm having a smoke b4 bed lol.... but damn ........

cig's gone, b:bye
    edited October 2011
    Options
    eh? i told u to wait so i could find my post.. What the hell was i supposed to be waiting for? IT TOOK U TWO OTHER PAGES TO REALIZE I WAS TALKIGN NET OR GROSS (learn to read maybe? since i said it two pages ago woulda saved like 1/2 an hour of b.s....)? Like any other person would think when your'e talking about MONEY (real or not)....

And only reason i'm still replying, i'm having a smoke b4 bed lol.... but damn ........

cig's gone, b:bye

When I say "This will net me some quick cash" the first thing that pops into your mind is "Net Worth"? Really? That is the first thing huh? You don't even consider thinking of the term in relation to the old west were gold diggers would in a manner of speaking FISH FOR GOLD!!!! wow. And I thought I was legalistic.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    No, i don't think of f'ign gold diggers in the old west....... I like most SANE PEOPLE think if something's going to NET me some quick cash, then logically i'd MAKE MONEY...... dude go crawl back under your rock....
    edited October 2011
    Options
    No, i don't think of f'ign gold diggers in the old west....... I like most SANE PEOPLE think if something's going to NET me some quick cash, then logically i'd MAKE MONEY...... dude go crawl back under your rock....

so wait, suddenly the gold diggers didn't make money for some unknown reason? Then why were they all out in the west digging for gold in the first place?

I think you are failing to understand your own definitions of Net Worth and Gross Income in relation to a video game. For one thing, Net Worth references an individuals assets. In reference to our Video Game that references all Gold owned, All Coin Owned, all Gear owned, all Items Owned. It does not care about what the tradability of said items happens to be, just that it is in some way usable by the character.

Gross income on the other hand is more readily understood in relation to the income provided solely from Farmers, Merchants and those Cash Shoppers who directly sell their Gold to other players within the game as they are the primary people who generate an income in any reasonable sense of the word.

That said, earning quick cash from whatever source can still happen in the game. And in that line of thought, one shortcut to earning quick cash for those who do not feel like spending the time trying to sell a perfect iron hammer the way you seem to think is necessary in order to make any sort of profit, one option is in fact using the perfect iron hammer to open a chest of coins. But I will reiterate that this is only an option for those who are desperate enough to get that one million coins in order to avoid having to waste time selling a perfect iron hammer or the more probably time wasted selling gold for coin (though the latter's time wasted is almost inconsequential if you actually know how to use the Auction Houses' Gold Trading Service).
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I tried to read all the bickering... honest... but I'm still confused about why you guys are going on about the chest of coins and price of gold. The chest of coins is supposed to turn into 500 dragon points unless you have a sugar daddy/mama that has more dollars than sense. Duh!

The prizes for this event were obviously not meant to be a source of cash for those that participated. Aside from the socket stones and (I think) the 10-pack of chips, what else can you trade with other players? The "best" prizes aren't even stashable, which is a bit of a bummer since my psychic now has two of the pets and I'm not in the mood to buy/farm fruit for another pet slot, but I'm not going to cry about it since I was fully aware when I decided to use her for the event.

Considering PWI's track record with boxes in general, it should be a given that you're probably not going to walk away with anything too amazing. What exactly were some of you hoping for? A super awesome tradable item from a box that cost you next to nothing to acquire? Dream on! b:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It is kind of the BS how much of the new stuff is not account stashable. What's the point of getting the account stash if they are going to do that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    so wait, suddenly the gold diggers didn't make money for some unknown reason? Then why were they all out in the west digging for gold in the first place?ok i just woke up but wtf? have you lost your f'ing mind?

I think you are failing to understand your own definitions of Net Worth and Gross Income in relation to a video game. For one thing, Net Worth references an individuals assets. In reference to our Video Game that references all Gold owned, All Coin Owned, all Gear owned, all Items Owned. It does not care about what the tradability of said items happens to be, just that it is in some way usable by the character.

I think you don't know a god damn thing and are just spouting **** to pretend you look smart. Go read THIS...... http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_in_Gross_income_versus_Net_income

didnt' need a f'ing paragraph to explain the difference between Gross and net INCOME (not net worth u dumbass, you saying NET WORTH right there was the first time EITHER of us said that, not even TALKING about THAT) RL OR a GAME, net and gross income is the SAME DAMN THING, unless you're..... *cough*.... a freaking idiot..

Gross income on the other hand is more readily understood in relation to the income provided solely from Farmers, Merchants and those Cash Shoppers who directly sell their Gold to other players within the game as they are the primary people who generate an income in any reasonable sense of the word.
    again, look above.... and what the .... hell.... Why are you still spouting ****? First off all ... ya.... lok at link again, you don't even know the basic meaning of net and gross income. And we ALREADY got to the point u finally freaking noticed 2 pages later I was talking about what most people would think and you were talking about netting 1 mil as in "bagging a mil" or some stupid **** no one else would think of in that context.

That said, earning quick cash from whatever source can still happen in the game. And in that line of thought, one shortcut to earning quick cash for those who do not feel like spending the time trying to sell a perfect iron hammer the way you seem to think is necessary in order to make any sort of profituh what? You really this stupid? I've been saying there's no way in hell you take take a CHEST OF COINS, GET A HAMMER [unless you get one for free] and OPEN THE CHEST AND MAKE ANY KIND OF PROFIT FROM OPENING SAID CHEST WITH HAMMER. You said "you can net a mil from a chest" I'm like wtf? no you can't u lose money tryign to open them. GET A GOD DAMN BRAIN YA MORON, blah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah).

/10char
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    for some reason i can't edit that last post.... but when i said net and gross income are the same, i meant they're both profit either way.

And dude just drop it.... seriously if you don't understand what the hell i'm saying by now....... hell there's no hope. lol
  • Lord_Mot - Harshlands
    Lord_Mot - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Wow, that was quite an enjoyable um... "debate???" Anyway I've NPC'd two of the non-tradeable quest chests and failed to receive any dq points, while I NPC the tradeable ones and get the points. Anyone else have this issue? If I am not alone in this, then the value of the chests just dropped again.

And Tolan, I think Chadric was referring to the opportunity cost when discussing the purchase of a hammer.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those that understand binary and those that don't.b:chuckle
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Let me just say that Tolan is correct. Chadric, you aren't understanding what his point was. That gold has no other value until it is put into the gold trading system. If it's never put in there, you don't technically lose anything, because that gold only has the value you personally place on it. If you choose to buy the hammer, and open the chest of coins, you personally do make 1 million coins. Yes, you may hypothetically lose money on it, but what's to guarantee that gold wouldn't suddenly drop? Playing the gold market is similar to playing the stock market. If it crashes, you're screwed. Opening the chest of coins is similar to putting that gold into a safe, low-yield account. You'll get your money no matter what happens with the stock market. Sure, you might not get as much as you could have, but you still get coin, therefore getting you a net gain.

That coin was coin you didn't have before, so you gain coin. This was Tolan's point.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    its a lame event anyway
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Let me just say that Tolan is correct. Chadric, you aren't understanding what his point was. That gold has no other value until it is put into the gold trading system. If it's never put in there, you don't technically lose anything, because that gold only has the value you personally place on it.

ya i understand THAT, but you're not going to SIT on the gold forever. You're going to sell it. so....... sell it for 1.3 mil or w/e... or buy a hammer and open these chests and lose coin. Why is that little tiny bit SO DAMN HARD TO UNDERSTAND FOR YOU PEOPLE?

If you choose to buy the hammer, and open the chest of coins, you personally do make 1 million coins.

Say what? Did u just say if u buy a hammer and open the chest u DO make 1 mil? how bout the 4 mil u LOST buying the hammer (hammer's about 5+, u DO know the prices of things right?

Yes, you may hypothetically lose money on it, but what's to guarantee that gold wouldn't suddenly drop?

hypothetically? lolol And if u think gold will ever drop to 100k or w/e again you're pretty deluded. It MAY drop to 800k one day like it was but that's reaching as it is... and a hammer STILL wouldnt' be worth opening those.

Playing the gold market is similar to playing the stock market. If it crashes, you're screwed. Opening the chest of coins is similar to putting that gold into a safe, low-yield account. You'll get your money no matter what happens with the stock market. Sure, you might not get as much as you could have, but you still get coin, therefore getting you a net gain.

umm... ya

That coin was coin you didn't have before, so you gain coin. This was Tolan's point.except you LOST out on coin, u didn't make 1 mil... u were a moron and bought a hammer one way or the other and lost coin you could've gotten MORE OF.......... It's this damn simple, ONE GOLD = 1.3 mil, that's not going down unless the game dies. lol

There is no hypothetical..... u open a chest with a hammer (unless it was a free hammer), 1. You were a moron. 2. idc HOW u look at it u LOST COIN, about 4 mil coin....

/10char

o ya and i guess u missed where it took him two pages to realize i said Net and gross as in MAKING MONEY. Not "netting" 1 mil like some damn gold digger in the old west roflmao

Edit: maybe I should've pointed out in my first post where i quoted and underlined his one little line that no one would look at that in that context and think you can NET (MAKE, PROFIT) 1 mil from a frigggin coin chest unles they're completely new to the game. And even then I'd hope their math dont' suck so much that they realize 5 mil is more then 1. Hammers arent' even worth it when they're on sale anymore, you need to put 6 mil in those chests for us to get that 1 mil now lmao (when they're not on sale).

O ya and this is getting beyond stupid. Just close the thread will ya? the ORIGINAL TOPIC was asnwered in two posts...... the event was never changed, the OP was imagining things.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My

IQ

is

dropping

as I read this
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Let me just say that Tolan is correct. Chadric, you aren't understanding what his point was. That gold has no other value until it is put into the gold trading system. If it's never put in there, you don't technically lose anything, because that gold only has the value you personally place on it. If you choose to buy the hammer, and open the chest of coins, you personally do make 1 million coins. Yes, you may hypothetically lose money on it, but what's to guarantee that gold wouldn't suddenly drop? Playing the gold market is similar to playing the stock market. If it crashes, you're screwed. Opening the chest of coins is similar to putting that gold into a safe, low-yield account. You'll get your money no matter what happens with the stock market. Sure, you might not get as much as you could have, but you still get coin, therefore getting you a net gain.

That coin was coin you didn't have before, so you gain coin. This was Tolan's point.

your encouragement of this semantic drivel is the best trolling in this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    your encouragement of this semantic drivel is the best trolling in this thread

You caught that, eh?b:mischievous

Better close this now then, before anyone else catches on.b:chuckle

Thread answered, case closed.

No objections allowed.

b:cute
This discussion has been closed.