Give us a Voice Frankie ?

Manostra - Harshlands
Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Suggestion Box
Hello Frankie

After some thought and i admit after some glance to another company who offers a online game service i would like to know your opinion about the following suggestion.

Make us Players a Stakeholder in the Development process of Perfect world. Sounds demanding ? Yes i agree it is demanding but let me explain a little future.

Phase 1

Elections will be announced. Everyone can aply for election, pwi provide webspace where Candidates can adress links to their campain related webpages or
use it to introduce their programm wich could like pvp orientated or balance or pve or whatever they believe giving them voices. How professional everyone drive their campain is their own responsibility.

Phase 2

Everyone who have a Avatar at least level 101 can Vote for one of the Representatives that aply for a council position. Example i have a 101 on harshlands and dreamwaver so i could vote there for a representative but i dont have a 101 on archo so i can't. Due the 101 requirement the ammount of multi voting shouldnt't go over board. People should have enough time for their campain before elections start.

Phase 3

The Voices are Counted

The Person with the most voices become chairman of the council, the person with the most voices overall the president. The person with the second most voices become replacement when a representative become sick.

Phase 4

Community Work

The Representatives focus and concentrate the community input and 2 times a year the Council meets in china (Airline Tickets and Hotel sponsored by PWE CN) where they become insight in the current work of PWI (Parts can become subject to a NDA) and meet the Devs to adress the wishes of our community. Devs should take notes and awnser questions. The meeting will protocolled and after the OK Edit from PWE CN published on your webpage.

Devs could start to write blogs and you could translate them into english about the state of game, whats going on and how they work on the input from the community.

Phase 4

after 1 Year new elections are hold.

Something like this exist in Eve online and it is kinda successfull. I wish we had something simillar for PWI

Sometimes i believe PWE CN like our monney but apart from that were just the second hand buissnes that bring income without much effort and they like to concentrate more on their own homelands.

Its working but i find it sad, the company <-> customer relations are poor and could need some improvment.

This kind of council is advertising too and i believe it would draw way more attention than a lame inter server pvp tournament.

What do you think ?
I hate Room 38
Post edited by Manostra - Harshlands on

Comments

• Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    the game you got this off of wouldn't happen to be a certain space based mmorpg that is based in iceland is it? if so then sit down and realize you got one sweet idea off of a kick *** game, but also note that it's P2P.

in any event this is a decent idea. in the face of the super power leveling it is somewhat possible for people to spam the voting. i wouldn't mind seeing this come to pass IF the ones who get voted in can actually make a diffrance, and honestly, i don't think they will.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    The level 101 requirement is slightly biased, considering that people who alt around a lot don't have many characters that high. I would say it should be based on the period of time a player has played a specific server, and whichever server they have played the longest, if a vote were to come into play.

Just my two cents.b:bye
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    The level 101 requirement is slightly biased, considering that people who alt around a lot don't have many characters that high. I would say it should be based on the period of time a player has played a specific server, and whichever server they have played the longest, if a vote were to come into play.

Just my two cents.b:bye

I would agree with you on the level requirement and the idea is well worth consideration. While I love seeing people with great detailed ideas on how to improve the game it is sad to think if China cant even roll out something like SP with out it being a major **** up... I am guessing any idea like this will never make it past those who communicate it to the developers.

I just wonder how many people in china... either management or developers... actually get to see the suggestions here in the PWI forums. Other games claim their developers actually are required to read thru forum suggestions (not meaning the 'other' threads) to see what the players are actually concerned about or have suggested. In fact, I remember a huge national news story about one player who was granted an NPC character in their game because the player found a major error to the story line. Not that I think PWI/PW China need to start placing player names and such in the game but it shows how one company uses player comments, suggestions and complaints not only to improve the game but they got national news attention for recognizing their fault.

So one of my top questions if I ever got to meet top management in China would be how do suggestions in the forums get to developers? Of course my personal next question would be which developer took the idea to change SP with out thinking of how it would impact the low level players who are blue named?
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have to say not a bad Idea, Seeing how much people pay into this game it would be nice to have such an option like you suggest. If PWI was a publicly traded company I would totally buy stock in it. But I fear like with most game companys they have a game model and they believe only they know whats best for that model and not wanting to change that model will ignore most major request and appease the masses with only cosmetic changes.

But I still think it's a very good idea and glad you mentioned it.