Veno questions

Yousuckman - Raging Tide
Yousuckman - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Venomancer
Well,im lv 49 with my Cartman(herc).Im currently grinding for nix.For pvp,i mean endgame,what armour should i have?Im not a big fan of arcane,since sin(a.k.a OP char) comes behind your back from stealth and mincemeats you <.<. I was thinking that heavy armour buffed werefox with phys.def shards and loyal nix can kicks his a$$. I have 30 in dex(by mistake) so should i go pure arcane,or light or heavy armour.Make some practical reasons too. thnxb:bye
Post edited by Yousuckman - Raging Tide on

Comments

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    R9 on high grade garnets isn't that bad against sins... Must tell you heavy is fun though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Yousuckman - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    R9 on high grade garnets isn't that bad against sins... Must tell you heavy is fun though.

Yeah,i can only imagine the LOL moment when "pro" sin comes out of stealth tries to kill you and does lil dmg and gettin eaten by the nix b:laugh
  • tfi3f
    tfi3f Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Full r9 JoSD + VIT stone hybrid sharded barbs with 33K+ HP can be dropped by a sage 3.33 aps sin (Sage sin gets no interval boost from triple spark) with Lunar Nirvana daggs +10 and no attack levels other than Jones' Blessing in under 10 seconds.

An r9 veno will die even faster (prolly 4-6 seconds tops). Nix won't fix that, any half competent sin will come out of stealth with antistun when he sees a nix. They also have Tidal Protection and the other skill that lets them evade the damage of an attacking skill. Nix attack speed is not an issue so they'd most likely use Tidal Protection to evade the stun or bleed. Failing all that, they need only do Rising Dragon Strike -> Shadow Escape, and they have 2 sparks to activate from stealth and pop out on you with. The most **** sin can kill you just by rolling his face across the keyboard, no joke.

God you PvE players have no idea wtf you're talking about...

You want to deal with a sin, it's has almost nothing to do with your nix. Correct way to handle a sin is to be alert, and stay in fox form when you're not actively attacking anything. When you're attacked, do stun-purify genie skill, THEN sic nix for stun and use the 3 seconds to amp and try break, then kite back. From there it's all about keeping the sin out of stealth and timing Demon summer sprint and anti-stun.

Note well, putting nix in defense mode so that sin will be stunned on coming out of stealth is a waste for 2 reasons:
    (1) The server response time between you activating Genie stun purify skill and it breaking you out of the stun will leave you with only about 1 second of stun from the nix stun.
    (2) Sin most likely came out of stealth with anti stun.

It's better to leave nix in manual mode and only do nix stun after you've use genie stun purify and you can now make full use of the 3 second nix stun. Also, I cannot stress the important of antistun, antistun, antistun. Idk how non-demon venos will manage in 1v1 PvP with fortify's 30 second cooldown, but okay.

(1) Anytime you see a sin running away from you and not toward you, it means he's preparing to use Shadow Jump and stun you again. Get ready to time your antistun. (2) From the time a sin uses Shadow Escape, you should get on your flying mount and wait for your genie's energy to recharge because the sin is getting chi for either Headhunt or double spark. You will need Stun purify immediately when the fight resumes.
    Valhalla disband. That is all \o/

"The thing about winners is... they get to write the history books, and they get to analyze everything from high atop their winner's perch.

Doesn't matter what the circumstances are." -- Burnout, Harshlands, Wizard.
  • tfi3f
    tfi3f Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    To directly answer the OP: No matter what, do not go LA. There are three viable broad categories of endgame builds for veno:

(1) TW and non-endgame-PK oriented VIT AA veno.
    (2) TW and endgame-world-PK oriented pure MAG AA veno. (Requires above average gear and sharding).
    (3) TW oriented Fox melee pure phys HA veno.

1 and 2 are for caster venos. 3 is for venos who play as pure phys. I won't go into the fox melee, thing, but that is the only case where it would make sense to do HA. LA not a viable endgame or midgame build. If you want, you can do VIT AA until your gear is significantly improved, then restat pure MAG for endgame play.
    Valhalla disband. That is all \o/

"The thing about winners is... they get to write the history books, and they get to analyze everything from high atop their winner's perch.

Doesn't matter what the circumstances are." -- Burnout, Harshlands, Wizard.
    edited October 2011
    Yeah,i can only imagine the LOL moment when "pro" sin comes out of stealth tries to kill you and does lil dmg and gettin eaten by the nix b:laugh
    It's easier than that to heavy venos. Get a charm, some buffs and bramble. Switch to Fox and pretend to AFK. Turn FRAPS on and watch the show. Don't forget the popcorn!b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Yousuckman - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    It's easier than that to heavy venos. Get a charm, some buffs and bramble. Switch to Fox and pretend to AFK. Turn FRAPS on and watch the show. Don't forget the popcorn!b:laugh

Should i start HA from lv 80?
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited October 2011

90 have better HA options , mainly TT. Also dont forget Bramble b:dirtyb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
    edited October 2011
    Heavy is nice for anyone past lvl39. Make sure you read the guides (forget about wiki) posted here. Don't forget you need items with lots of +stats so everything matches your level!

pwcalc is also a great tool for you to plan your character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2011
    Just remember, if you go HA or LA, try to boost your MAG as much as possible with gear to make up for the loss in healing and skill damage. The +20MAG tome is a really good asset.

I love how veno's are so versatile. I just wish they would make a better weapon choice for them. Magic weaps just don't do enough phys damage. We need a special magic claw for veno's that would allow them to use skills and have decent damage in both mag and phys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited October 2011

I love how veno's are so versatile. I just wish they would make a better weapon choice for them. Magic weaps just don't do enough phys damage. We need a special magic claw for veno's that would allow them to use skills and have decent damage in both mag and phys.

Like foxie boots or something with spikes on the bottom O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • _Morigan_ - Harshlands
    _Morigan_ - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    im AA veno, R8/nirv mix.

there is no need to go HA to fight nasty sins, even if they are r9 or whatever.
    What u need is decent hp and pdef to tank sins first hits, which can be difficult thanks to their high aps and server lag.

If u r not prepared (stacked with apo, genie with AD, full of chi) and in alert, u will end up as dead fox meat in less then 5 seconds. So keep your hands on the keyboard.

Its important to stay in fox form all the time when u expect an attack. U get stunned instantly when a sin pops outta stealth and u have to break out asap, otherwise u can go afk anyway.

Im demon and usually able to deal with most of the sins, cause demon gives you a few nice options to map out a strategy vs melee classes and especially vs sins.

I never tried a sage veno, but i cant imagine sage is able to keep up in survivability.

I recommend around 7k hp and 4k pdef at least for AA veno, which is kinda easy to get.
    In my opinion HA is the only option to AA, even HA sucks in dmg output. (regarding on pvp)

LA for veno is not worth mention it, cause it sucks in every way.

less pdef, less mdef, **** dmg

Pets are not very important, no matter if u have a nix or fly. Your pet buys u 1-3 seconds and/or causes your enemy to suffer more dmg from your nukes. A skilled enemy ignores your pet anyway and keeps focus on taking you out as fast as possible.

regards
  • _Morigan_ - Harshlands
    _Morigan_ - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    90 have better HA options , mainly TT. Also dont forget Bramble b:dirtyb:dirty

b:puzzled arent we talking about pvp?
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    b:puzzled arent we talking about pvp?

Thought the OP mentioned TW , well for PVP it gives a nice green glow b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Im kind of ignoring everybody else's responses and you should too since they're all probably very stupid.

Ignore the dex, stay arcane armor and get to level 100 before messing around with your build. (It's faster leveling and getting the reset notes isn't too huge of a deal)

DEFINITELY get the phoenix before any major gear investments.
    After you're 100 and have your phoenix you can start to considering and planning going for a more "pvp oriented" build such as HA.

Be warned that most veno builds that used to shine have now become more obsolete. (Such as HA and LA).

Check my guide if you have any questions.