A class that needs to work in pairs(wonder twins)

laloner
laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Suggestion Box
Lots of romantic couples play the game and I think it would be fun for them to play a new class that needs to work in pairs to reach full power. Sort of like the Wonder Twins.

What I mean is that just one of them working alone would be at least 20% weaker than your average character at that level. But together they each are stronger than the average character that level. So you need 2 of them working together to be non fail. 2 for grinding, 2 in a squad, always have to be at least 2 of this class to reach full potential.

One idea is they could have a magic rope and they each hold one end and have to encircle the mob with it to make the skill take a effect. They could have a bunch of skills like that which only work with 2 of them working together.
AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
Post edited by laloner on

Comments

• NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    That's kinda... dumb. What if one person loses interest in the game? then you have to start a new character, and I wouldn't wanna put my work into it again just because of that.
    There's already a "wonder twin" combo, if you wanna call it that - Barb and cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Tuff_Cookie - Raging Tide
    Tuff_Cookie - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    That's kinda... dumb. What if one person loses interest in the game? then you have to start a new character, and I wouldn't wanna put my work into it again just because of that.

Its called let it be your alt and have more than one character. Many people have more than one.
    Its not a bad idea ^ ^
    edited October 2011
    Its called let it be your alt and have more than one character. Many people have more than one.
    Its not a bad idea ^ ^

I still don't think it's a good idea. o.o Too many things could happen that could cause one of the pair not to play for a long term. And what if it's your favourite class? Sucks to be you then~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Boobies!
  • okamistar123
    okamistar123 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I alredy do that with a good frend of mine so whats the point of having an extra race b:victory b:laughother than that it sounds cool
  • PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I think its a good idea, but it needs better execution.

Make the class work with ANY other member of the same class, i.e. having two of this class in a party works better than just one alone.

A good example of this would be having two seekers in a party. One seeker can use the Northern Sky Waltz stance while the other uses one of the others. This allows for each of them to spam skills and proc the stance combo.

The only draw back to doing it like this is that you'd need to have their skills leave a debuff on the opponent that the other would have to knock off for improved damage. However, that wouldn't stop the same person from using the skill needed to activate the debuff and would ruin the pair works better than the individual idea.

Maybe a better way would be to have two classes that work together in this matter the two seekers do, but separated. One class would cast the debuff or leave a mark on the target and the other class would knock it off with an attack of its own. This would be like seeker skills doing more damage on targets with the Nature's Vengeance debuff and Mystics doing more damage on targets marked with Seeker stances. This would also allow for a possibility of combinations. One class could proc marks that give debuffs or DoTs and the other could proc ones that give a skill more damage. Or a certain skill could result in the debuff increasing damage while another skill would of caused it to become a DoT.
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • Salasyn - Heavens Tear
    Salasyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    There's already a "wonder twin" combo, if you wanna call it that - sin? and cleric.

Fixed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    Fixed?

"herpaderp i'm so awesome i gotta jump on the bandwagon about sins being able to do everyth---" "what's that? you want me to give you a good dose of shut the **** up?!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This is not uncommon guys, Ragnarok have Bard and Dancer that together make a combo, I'm not sure if Lineage II Swordsinger and Bladedancer makes a combo.

Dispise of the way that he suggested, this idea isn't all that bad and can actually works.