• XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Venomancer
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Venomancer

If you don't count the Hercule pet wich is about 80 mil....kinda. I dont think there is a "cheap class".
    edited October 2011
    If you don't count the Hercule pet wich is about 80 mil....kinda. I dont think there is a "cheap class".

Herc isn't required to play a veno. I solo'd a lot with my glacial(not my first veno btw, the lvl 30 was a restart).
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Cheapest class is the one they haven't added yet. The one that moves along and tries another game.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Herc isn't required to play a veno. I solo'd a lot with my glacial(not my first veno btw, the lvl 30 was a restart).

Yes but skill books, gear, shards they are the same for all. Veno is "cheap" just cuz u save some coins and buy less pots and that is all. And when you are big lvl, no one take you to FC or Delta, maybe for Nirvana but they all want sage amp dmg wich is 30 mil. And to make nirvana you need a very good HP and gear. So....like i say, there is no cheap class.
  • stealthxbomber
    stealthxbomber Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    if by cheap you mean easy and overpowered, then choose sin b:laugh
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Cheapest class is friendly female cleric cuz ppl give you so much stuff hoping you'll do stuff with them later.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • breeeezy87
    breeeezy87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    any non aps/channelling / r9 / nirvy class that u can shard endgame with DoT's. I'd say wizard is the cheapest, books, gear, and a lot shard with DoT's.
  • breeeezy87
    breeeezy87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    laloner wrote: »
    Cheapest class is friendly female cleric cuz ppl give you so much stuff hoping you'll do stuff with them later.

AKA desperate guys xD
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    In mid game it's probably veno because their pets dont need to be repaired or fed and they can replenish hp/mp without pots.

At end game the only significant cost is gear since day-to-day costs are insignificant for every class so it doesn't really matter too much. Sin endgame is the cheapest since their best gear isn't as expensive as R9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    breeeezy87 wrote: »
    any non aps/channelling / r9 / nirvy class that u can shard endgame with DoT's. I'd say wizard is the cheapest, books, gear, and a lot shard with DoT's.

how is wiz a non r9 class? and arcanes with DoT's are basically cat food to aps.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Cheap? for PVE or PVP server?

If PVE (thinking you will not TW, will not PK, will not PVP):

- Venomancer is the easiest, cheapest but not most fun.

No potion consumption saves money, pets tanking saves money on repairs, not to mention it is one of the best classes to make money (on low levels that is), or actually, nvm that TT is worthless now. A sin and bm gets more money on end-game than venos, but they need great gear to do so, a veno, with a good leveled pet and some what good gear for protecting you from aoes or aggro stealing will do fine.

If PVP (thinking you will TW, PK and PVP):
    - Sin for PK
    - Psychic for PVP
    - Wiz/Archer for TW

None of these 4 are cheap for these purposes, in order to be successfull.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Seeker -> pays mirages for buffs

Mystic -> pays TONS for MPpots

Cleric -> as well high MPPots cost (but get usually all bh/fcc runs for free)

Wiz -> need HP Pots to survive

Archer -> pays for Arrows

Sin/BM -> high cost for R9 gear and HPpots

Barb -> high repair costs + MPpots (but get usually all bh runs for free)

Venos ->high costs for cages, pet skills, herc

so cheapest class is: Psy
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Also MP pots to restore mana to cast spells and has repair cost if he is tank.

Maximum my repair cost was 113k (durability of 2 items become 0) after hours of fight.

If we compare all classes, Venomancer is cheapest, since she has free MP, can restore HP using MP and has tank, so she not need repair her equipment.

Venomancer can tame wild pets, which have skills already.
    Venomancer can tame and sell rare pets (unique ability).
    Hercules is legendary end-game battle pet (like R8 for other classes).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DryadLaFey - Sanctuary
    DryadLaFey - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2011

My thought as well. Psy doesn't need -chan, robes are cheap on repairs, after lvl 75 mp pots are cheap and it hits pretty hard even in tt99.
    b:cute
    edited October 2011

Forgot about that class. Their weapons are cheap in AH too. Oh, and you don't need to buy a cage to expand the pet inventory. The banker still gives the quest to gather food to get additional slots right?
  • DryadLaFey - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Also MP pots to restore mana to cast spells and has repair cost if he is tank.

Maximum my repair cost was 113k (durability of 2 items become 0) after hours of fight.

If we compare all classes, Venomancer is cheapest, since she has free MP, can restore HP using MP and has tank, so she not need repair her equipment.

Hercules is legendary end-game battle pet (like R8 for other classes).

Veno is my main (well, one of them, I think my cleric is my main too, if you can have two mains) and I love it but I don't think it's the cheapest like so many others seem to think, but then maybe that because I find it boring to sit there and let the pet do all the work.

Most mobs don't come equipped with four skills. And if your going to do Tw or PVP nothing will compare to a nix.

Not as profitable as people think. Camping a site for several hours along with other venos for the chance to catch one rare pet you might be able to sell for 200k to 2m.

Hercules is legendary end-game battle pet (like R8 for other classes)

You fail to mention the nix, which usually is required if you want to join any major TW faction.

A veno's farming ability, as far as I can tell is limited to soloing TT, grinding, and doing events - if you get people to see you know your class and have quick reaction you have a chance at farming Nirvana during 2x. Since herc, even at 100, can get one shot in 69 we can't exactly sell TM69. Clearing fcc alone would take forever so there goes selling xp room. After repairs and pot costs my cleric makes more profit grinding than veno because she can aoe grind spiders in avalanche.

That's my 2cents, for what it's worth.
  • DryadLaFey - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Forgot about that class. Their weapons are cheap in AH too. Oh, and you don't need to buy a cage to expand the pet inventory. The banker still gives the quest to gather food to get additional slots right?

The pet skills trainer but yea, you can still expand a couple times feasibly with quests.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ehh veno may be a cheap class but you will end up paying still alot on gear like the rest of us..and the herc/phoenix if you choose to get it.Stank gender lock never been my thing so i always stayed away from veno...yeah mystics use alot of mana but i would rather be a mystic..to me they more useful,so dont get mad at me venos cause all i need from u guys is brambleb:laugh But amp every now and then rocks..
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • HildieGarde - Heavens Tear
    HildieGarde - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Whats the cheapest class and fun class to play? b:victory
    thanks for the responses =]
    The cheapest class is not necessarily the most fun class.

In fact if you are going to be a "cheap" player I would suggest you just stay at the low levels where everything is cheap for almost all classes.

The worst thing for higher level squads is an under geared member who are simply a drain on the others and potentially cause squad wipes.

I suggest you try a few classes up until level 20+ read the class forums and then decide which class you like playing. Then just do what you need to to earn the coin to support your favorite class.
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Cheapest for doing what exactly? I can only give my two cents from a purely PvE perspective.

Until you go demon/sage, veno is probably the cheapest because they rarely ever have to repair and have skills that allow you save pots. Some of the skill books (especially the ones you're expected to have) will kill you if you're not rolling in cash. IMO, hercs are highly overrated. A lot of people will actually applaud you and consider you a better player for getting to the higher levels without the big yellow crutch! You can do perfectly fine in PvE with a glacial walker or something else with similar stats as your everyday pet. Any veno that thinks they need a herc is probably not a very good veno. PvP is another story... good luck with that if you don't have a nix.

TL;DR version: Veno is definitely not the cheapest if you plan to play it beyond 89 and upgrade your skills to 11. Channeling gear is not something that you absolutely have to have, but it definitely helps. Add more to the cost if you plan to PvP since you will need the nix!

Psychics may actually be the most affordable to play since they don't need the fancy channeling gear that most mages use and their demon/sage skill books are pretty cheap when compared to other classes, but they do have soulforce which is tied to gear refines. Refines are not cheap.

I guess it really depends what you want to do and how fancy you want to get. Putting anything in +12 reputation gear with decent shards is going to be expensive. For PvE, a psychic using TT90/99 gear and semi-decent ornaments with not-so-awesome refines is still going to hit like a truck. Survivability is going to be more of an issue when compared to someone using godly equipment, but a psychic in average gear is still pretty damn decent... and fun!

That's just my two cents! :P
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i think archer is a cheap class to play
    personaly i never needed mp pots until i learned barrage (winged shell toke care of mp recover)
    arrows could be found from drops, and i had low repair fees and need only a few hp pots because i was hardly hited
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have found my venomancer to be the cheapest character that I have, she is 91. Overall the repair costs are among the lowest, and you only need to purchase a few hp and mp pots for those "just in case" moments.

Unless you want to completely expand your pet bag, which is not necessary, you can farm the mats needed to expand it a few slots, without paying anything.

You can also farm your own gear in Twilight Temple so overall that can be totally free as well. If you wanted channeling gear and you wanted to be cheap for after 90, invest in OHT gear.

I have also found most venomancer skills in the auction house to be at a fair price, then again, you could just farm the money to make a book clip.

As for a herc, which you do not need as well, just tame a tank pet (such as a golem or bear). If you feel that your pet is not good enough compared to a herc, farm in Dragon Temple until you get a couple of herc skills. My bear so far has Protect and it has more magic defense than the herc with the same buff on; I'm working on getting Strong and Blessing of the Pack for my bear as well.

Overall, if you have the patience, you pretty much don't have to spend much or at all for the venomancer. Also, the venomancer in my opinion is the most fun class to play simply because you feel cool having a pet that kills for you, plus the debuffs make you wanted in Nirvana, TT, and Frost. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Early game defiantly veno, Mid game defiantly veno though as a cleric it's easy to get squads with people and end up with little to no repairs plenty of drops and only a few mp pots used. Endgame veno or sin. Some may say that gearing a sin costs a lot more than gearing a veno, which in some ways is right, but both are wonderful at soloing things to earn you lots of coin to afford said gear. Veno is of course going to have less repairs then the sin, but the sin will be able to kill the bosses faster than a veno so it's kind of a fair trade off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Whats the cheapest class and fun class to play? b:victory
    thanks for the responses =]

AND NOW, FOR THE CORRECT ANSWERS!!!!!

Cheapest For PvE

Cleric or barb, with the edge towards barb up until end game nirvana runs, then edge to cleric. They get squads whenever they want, people always want their buffs, sometimes they get paid to do runs, get first pick of mats in TTs, free wine, all the FBs you could ever want, only need to find each other to do anything in game.

Cheapest For TW

Archer - range, stuns, aps, good damage (epic against AA), decent defense skills, barrage is sexy - all for the price of rank 8?

Cheapest for PK

Sins - easiest aps class, best pk skills, learn how to stealth and IG and there is almost no chance for someone to kill you unless you **** up. If you decide you want to go for elite gear, you at least have the means to farm more of it than any other class.

Now, most fun?

Most Fun for PvE

Probably Barb. Everyone wants you, everyone needs you. Leader of the pack, you run through dungeons fast as ****, go sage vit build and you are sooooo beefy

Most Fun for TW

Wizard - I shouldn't have to explain

Most Fun for PK

Wizard

Killing people while they run up to you = fun.
    Nuking sins dead while in stealth = epic fun
    Coolest looking skills = slick
    Making people QQ more than any other class except possible sins = fun(ny)

or

Archer

Physical and Magic attacks = very versatile killer
    Stun and watching AA classes die before stun wears off = godlike feeling
    Watching barb under barrage drag it all over the place killing his own squad = super funny
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I keep reading that barbs don't have to pay wine fees but have never seen that happen. Barbs on RT must be getting screwed.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Clerics and barbs are more likely to get into parties for free, or even get paid to join them. Blame it on the lack of good, random squad willing, clerics/barbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ur mom iz cheepest class ooooooooh
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Maiyr - Lost City
    Maiyr - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You dont need R9 or Full Niv 5aps for a sin to be effective endgame. Abt r8 2aps 5khp with plus 3s is fine for soloing frost for example or even tts 1x. Or you can find another sin/bm/cleirc to two man instances with you etc etc. Then from there gear yourself up. However the above gear will still set you back abt 120-150mil so its not exactly cheap either.
  • stealthxbomber
    stealthxbomber Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ur mom iz cheepest class ooooooooh

oaaaaaahhhhhhhh you totally got him there on that one. b:bye
This discussion has been closed.