Comments

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Better not emergency bathroom issues either b:chuckle

b:shocked I can't hold it any longer

b:surrender I need new shorts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Frankie's statement of being afk while gaining xp means that it's bannable to mass combine shards or dragon orbs and go afk while your toon works on them, because you gain xp from the process.
    Heh... good point! I guess I'm definitely guilty of this "offense", then. b:chuckle

My feeling is that the letter-of-the-law is hard to nail down, so I try to figure out the spirit. For example, AFK cat-shops earn huge amounts of income, which can then be used to purchase Orders of Blessing and net perhaps ~20 million XP per day with no effort. Yet running a cat-shop is something the Devs and GMs want people to do as part of the game. Killing mobs, however, is not something they want to be automated, hence why they ban it.
    When he's not really even playing the game, does he even count as being any different from a mob?
    That's kind of my thinking. They're not even playing the game, they're just cheating, so does it even count as interacting with another player?

Almost everybody I've spoken with who doesn't AFK bot seems to agree that killing an AFK bot is perfectly acceptable. Yet those who do AFK bot tend to go ballistic and start making countless threats, personal attacks, rationalizations (usually to the effect of, "everybody does it", which of course is simply not true), etc..., if somebody dares to interfere with their cheating.
    thumbs wrote: »
    You're admitting here to breaking TOS and you should be banned for it. fyi: You're a hypocrite.
    I've actually been trying to find clarification about this for awhile, but haven't found anything definitive.

Pulling a mob into a safe zone is bannable. Repeatedly killing another player, regardless of how it's done or why, is considered griefing and is also bannable. Interfering with, and repeatedly preventing the in-game progress of another player is also considered griefing and is bannable.

But none of those 3 seems to apply to a cheater who is killed once and then left alone, even if that cheater then resumes cheating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • DraknessDuir - Sanctuary
    DraknessDuir - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Ok, so to clarify, this means that venos who use the marriage quest mobs at The Lonely Widow to level their pets are breaking some afk rule and you think they should be killed for it? Even though the veno itself only gets 1xp from the mob, the mob doesn't drop anything and no one else ever uses these mobs for anything. My herc was already leveled by cube room 4 by the time anyone told me about this but I understand it's pretty commonplace for venos to level their pets this way. If that's against the rules then it seems like a silly rule, imo.
  • Finrah - Sanctuary
    Finrah - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    2 words:

Grey Area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Quick morality question:

If you see a bot near an AOE mob, is it good or evil to use the AOE mob to kill the bot?

I admit I do this, and I also admit I don't feel that there's anything wrong with it. But perhaps I am biased or something.

One specific type of botter I'm thinking of are AFK Venos, who the GMs have repeatedly stated are in fact cheating:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7709562&postcount=20
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2329571&postcount=87
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7586892&postcount=91

Personally, I report botters who are using a 3rd-party program (since that seems like a much more serious offense to me), but botters who are just AFK Venos I prefer to deal with using an AOE mob and not report. But perhaps I should leave them alone, report them, and get them banned instead?

Thoughts? Opinions?
    personally id be more concerned about pple getting billions of exp from a glitch to 105 (even tho its not fixed but clearly said not to) than some morales concerning a lowbie getting a few million off of botting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Hiemus - Raging Tide
    Hiemus - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Just make sure they're actually AFK before killing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Undine Strike -> Extreme Poison -> Blade Tempest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    why not kill all catshops as well then? beeing afk while making money what an ridicioulus thing! b:laugh
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • HildieGarde - Heavens Tear
    HildieGarde - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    One specific type of botter I'm thinking of are AFK Venos, who the GMs have repeatedly stated are in fact cheating:

but botters who are just AFK Venos I prefer to deal with using an AOE mob and not report.

Although I rarely play my Veno anymore, just bringing this up is stupid.

I used to AFK fly places and land where sometimes a mob would aggro, so I would put my pet on defend. (WQ had a couple of NPCs who sometimes had aggro mobs around them) So because I gained a few XP, I should be banned, or PK'd????

Use some common sense. It is a question of how much XP is being AFK gained. If the AFK pet defend gains 0.001% XP who cares if it is technically violating TOS. I would bet it would take months if not years to gain the same XP that can be gained by 1 hour of powerleveling in FF.

The TOS is there to stop people who abuse it. Such as gain several levels AFK using botting programs.

Do you think these AFK Venos are unbalancing the game because they aren't buying Hypers (and thereby giving PWE income) and FFing their way up?
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If someone is botting (especially on a PvP server) they deserve to die. If you don't know if they are a botter (cause they don't answer your pms) ks them, if they don't change their behavior after being ksed for a few mins (i.e. moving or pming curses at you for your *******ishness) then they certainly a botter and should either be reported or brought to a cruel end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I live and let live, unless you have previously griefed me, irritated me or are an all around ars-wipe. Then - I kill you.

But generally, I don't care what you do > just say the fark out of my way doing it...
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I live and let live, unless you have previously griefed me, irritated me or are an all around ars-wipe. Then - I kill you.

But generally, I don't care what you do > just say the fark out of my way doing it...

awsome! *_* i like you
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye