playing 2 characters at once.

Radieuxlune - Lost City
Radieuxlune - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Tideswell (East)
Since my dual computer system isn't working, I heard a rumor that I can play two characters at once on the same sever without the use of dual monitors. Is that true and if so can someone tell me how?
Post edited by Radieuxlune - Lost City on

Comments

• Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    You can open multiple clients on the same computer, if that is what you are asking. It is now legal. Search element.exe in your computer and use that to open another client. The two characters must be on separate accounts.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • manamaoli1
    manamaoli1 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It works only at lower (medium) windowed resolutions and graphic settings on my computer. You need to have the characters on separate accounts, because otherwise the second login will undo the previous, and then you need to run the elementclient program directly, without the patcher.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Possibly, but for me I use a giant monitor, and can easily open 2. It might very well be your processor. The computer gets really really slow after 2 clients.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Maybe you should clarify that one account must be used only as a catshop. However if the rule was enforced half the people that do Nv would get banned. I don't really see the problem with multiclienting though, if you make a game with auto follow command you should rightly expect abuse \o/
    PWI b:bye
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Maybe you should clarify that one account must be used only as a catshop. However if the rule was enforced half the people that do Nv would get banned. I don't really see the problem with multiclienting though, if you make a game with auto follow command you should rightly expect abuse \o/

It doesn't only have to be used as a catshop, you can do whatever you want. So long as you only have two characters logged in at the same time.

Hey guys,

For a long long time, ever since PWI was first released in fact, we've always had the rule that you could only run one PWI client per machine.

The reasoning behind this rule was the fact that running more than one client could not be accomplished without editing the game files, and editing game files was not allowed.

This led to many players running PWI on a second or even third computer, usually to be able to run a cat shop while their main account actually played.

Some time ago, the client itself changed, and running multiple clients was possible without editing game files. For consistency's sake, we did not modify the multi-clienting rule, and what followed were a lot of questions as to its validity, now that the original reason for it no longer applied.

Well, we've talked about it, and we've come to a new set of rules for multi-clienting. It should be easier to follow, easier to enforce, and it will help level the playing field between people with one computer and people with multiple computers.

So here we go:

• You may only have 2 accounts per person, regardless of how many computers you own.

There isn't a viable reason to create an excessive number of accounts, so any suspicious activity from now on will be fully dealt with. We aren't going to punish you for having existing accounts prior to this rule, but you can only be online on two at once at the most.

*Note: Excessive account creation has been and will continued to be pursued. Provided you did not abuse this before, you should have nothing to worry about.

• You may only play on two characters at the same time. They can both level up OR one can level up while the other is a vendor alt OR both can be vendor alts.

If you want to keep one leveling account and one vendor alt account, that's fine. You cannot, however, actively level two characters while having a third account to act as a shop alt. We will be actively enforcing this.

This new policy is in effect starting now, however, we will continue to refine and improve upon this, so this policy is subject to change. Read on for examples that may specifically deal with your situation.

*Example: If you're a family of 3 playing PWI, then you can have 2 accounts for each member of your family. You WILL have to prove this though if we notice any suspicious activity from your household.

*Example: You can actively have two LV 65 Barbs grinding on HT Server on the same computer, but no vendor alts online.

*Example: You (as an individual human being) cannot have 3 accounts active, it doesn't matter if you own 3 or 30 computers.

*Example: You cannot have two characters leveling at once if you also have a shop alt logged in.

Two characters maximum online at once for any situation.

Feel free to discuss your reactions to these changes, but please keep it civil.

Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Computer > C drive > PWE > PWI > element > elementclient > ??? > profit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    My bad Frankies post wasn't really interesting so I sort of 'scanned' it :D thought he said two D:

If you use a big azz monitor that can take a higher resolution and use that resolution your frame rate will suck azz, major azz sucking, unless your RAM is big enough and fast enough and your processor is big enough and fast enough and you have (preferably 2) really good graphics cards also with high end memory and processing. Its called bottle necking.

At one point I had to use a blast chiller in my room XD

There are options in PWI that lets you adjust screen layout by changing the resolution ratio. Do that window them and place them next to each other simples. Preferably at a resolution that your PC (not your monitor) can handle, or the game will be either unplayable or spoil your experience, which is everything D:
    PWI b:bye
  • muralifirefuk
    muralifirefuk Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    b:laughb:laughb:chuckleb:shockedb:cry
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    b:laughb:laughb:chuckleb:shockedb:cry

totally pointless necro
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Oh I am glad that person quit, what a moron.

Pointless plusone!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    b:flower.....b:cool
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
This discussion has been closed.