New classes

Options
cris12822
cris12822 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Suggestion Box
I just randomly thought of this idea.

I'm posting here bc nobody seems to check the suggestion box.

These classes are getting old as many people may say. We need a change.

Classes

Water Dwellers-These guys become stronger when near water and weaker when more away from water. But there skills are everything, they use water based skills which runs through there veins.... and water weapons. There pets are animals but there only water animals in other words u can only use them in water

Earth Dwellers-These guys are strongest on land and weakest in water. There weapon in the earth, they have earth based weapons and earth based moves such as landslide,eruption,downpour. There pets are only land based so they can fly they can only move fast.

Telekeneses class-the name says it all. What these guys do is attack using there mind. they have moves that are basically telepathic moves. Weapons that they dont need to hang on to bc its there mind.

I'm hoping people can see what I see. Wouldnt it be nice for this game to get BRAND new classes that are not easily coded and require more thinking to understand how they work.

I've spoken to some in game players alot of them say even though this game just pretty much got new classes. There all basic classes and I' have never really seen a difference in the way they fight.

Why not have a new change where the way of these new classes attack differently have new weapons and new skills. A total new change.

Added details.

Water Dwellers would always be the same as Earth dwellers, but say each day u need to walk into the water with a water dweller to refill the water that flows through the veins. You would have quests that could level ur vein capacity so u can hold more water in ur veins thus reducing the period of time to renew the water. you could use ur pet(land version) which would have water armour thus giving u twice as much strength than without ur pet.

Earth Dwellers-There weapons are of nature say, grass blades,volcanic blade things like that.
Earth dwellers you could level up ur armour the more you level it up the more cooler it lookes like say, little tiny tornadoes that spin inside the suit or a helmet that is like virtual reality and is like a moving sky inside the helmet.

Moves for Earth-Volcanic Eruption,Landslide,Avalanche,Blizzard,Demolition,Tornado

Moves for Water-Tsunami,Flood,Downpour,Hail,Water Cannon

A few items for Earth-Grass board,Lava Board(Lava runs through the board)this board can be upgraded, the more its upgraded the more lava flows through it thus giving it more power, Wind board(self explanatory,) Earth Blade,Lava Blade,Volcanic Blade,Wind Blade.

A few items for Water-Water Board(water runs through the board)this board can be upgraded, the more its upgraded the more water flows through it thus giving it more power,)Surf Board(allows to to surf on the water,) water blade,Water suit(allows the water to flow through veins and be upgraded)

These classes could come with a new expansion maybe named like The new Beginning.

Expansion would or could include- These classes and the specs for them. Water based weapons,Earth Based Weapons. Volcanoes,Tsunamis,New quests to suit these classes new pets for these classes. New NPCs and cities(Each city having the suitable npc for there class.)
Post edited by cris12822 on

Comments

• LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    How about instead of new classes they revamp, upgrade, and finish the ones that are already here?
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It's just gonna get moved to the suggestion box anyway. :P And as said before, we just need some skill tweaks for the old classes. The Genesis expansion just came out four months ago, enough of the new classes. -_-; And the mystic class and seeker class did offer new things, plants and combo skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • cris12822
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yes I mean u can do that but honestly. All ther classes they have now. They all use diff weapons and i never notice ANY difference between them besides 1 uses mage based moves and one uses weapons.

You have to admit it would be pretty sick to see a new class that is no1 has ever seen b4 and would change the way we look at classes.

I mean yea the classes could be upgraded to actually make a difference but It would be totally awsome if they added something TOTALLY differnt.

All the classes they have use basic weapons and moves.

Why not use more compicated moves and weapons. Weapons that work with water(Water running through chars vein which u need to reffil once every day) and as long as theres water running through chars vein ur weapon and skills are unlimited...besides mp.

The catch really is is that The new classes I thought of will add a brand new perspective to the way these guys work. It'll add a brand new play into game with more complexity and time and effort to make these guys good.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    cris12822 wrote: »
    Yes I mean u can do that but honestly. All ther classes they have now. They all use diff weapons and i never notice ANY difference between them besides 1 uses mage based moves and one uses weapons.

You have to admit it would be pretty sick to see a new class that is no1 has ever seen b4 and would change the way we look at classes.

I mean yea the classes could be upgraded to actually make a difference but It would be totally awsome if they added something TOTALLY differnt.

All the classes they have use basic weapons and moves.

Why not use more compicated moves and weapons. Weapons that work with water(Water running through chars vein which u need to reffil once every day) and as long as theres water running through chars vein ur weapon and skills are unlimited...besides mp.

Its like adding new charecters that have systems made only for them with no active counter available to the old classes (stealth/vodoo's/souforce) is overpowered or something!

thats just silly though
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • cris12822
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I still yet wonder why in every game like this when an awsome idea is said everyone says no. NO MATTER how awsome the idea is they always say no.

Seekers had brand new moves they needed to add an expansion for there addons and that was only 1 class that had 2 chars in it. with this u can have 3 or 4 at least if u do this u have lots more of feautures to add in.

and all say this again. The chars we have no. Are to basic, there moves,skills,weapons dont really do anymore damage than the other classes. I mean come on like EVERY mmo has those kind of classes.

Why not make a class that pretty much NOBODY had. I mean if it were me and I heard classes like this inside this game I'd wanna play it for ages.

Who wouldnt want ur weapon to be made of water with skills of water and ur weapon to be powered by u, urself

or telepathic skills.

I mean come on be reasonable guys. U cant say its not a good idea to even think about because think about the things these guys could do and what theyd look like it would be a WHOLE NEW experience for the world of PWI

and if its money to be worried about. Look at what PWI is now and what theyve done to it. I'm sure a ew new class wont do much. Plus if PW added in a donate button to the homepage. I'm 100% sure ppl would donate.

I'd donate $50.00 if these classes came out
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Look on PWE / Wanmei new games, don't look on the old ones... b:chuckle
    The new ones has some unique >new type< class, but far from revolution or fresh feeling.
    Because most of their games have recycled parts from other game they create... b:chuckle
    Which why people comment : " All of their games feel the same. " (new developed title are excluded)
    + all made with angelica engine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    How about instead of new classes they revamp, upgrade, and finish the ones that are already here?

+1million

The older classes need upgrades, the new ones need to be finished and the tideborn need to be put on a boat and sent into the sunset.

PWI doesnt even need to be thinking about a new class till the old ones are made to work properly.
  • cris12822
    edited October 2011
    Options
    how about sky dwellers?

Ur the only one thats posted that wants these.

And I was thinking about that too I mean people just cant see the awasomeness of these.

Like seriously TELEPATHIC MOVES AND WEAPONS hows that not awsome.
    Water dwellers-Water running through the veins in order to power ur weapon and moves.

Seriously people I SERIOUSLY dont understand why u think these classes are dumb.

I rather use classes that I've NEVER ever seen b4 they wont be like the classes we have now.

EVERYTHING will change on them. They will be very complex to understand and more time to level and be good.

I'm not trying to be an *** but if u guys cant see the good in having these classes than dont bother commenting.

Sometimes u just gotta look past the bad in something to the good in it and this is one of those times.

The amount that the would need to upgrade the classes we already have to make them good or more advanced class would take forever.

Its better to start off fresh with a class that would be a advanced class and nowwhere near being basic like what we have already.

Seriously. Why not be the one online MMORPG that would have these WICKED classes like water dwellers,earth dwellers,sky dwellers and Telepathic class. Youd change the way people look at MMOs if u did that.

I have played MANY MANY MANY MMORPG online and never ONCE have a i come across a class that awsome.
  • TunaMan - Heavens Tear
    TunaMan - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    These classes are getting old as many people may say. I want a change. I also want tuna.

fixed b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "One day, you'll log in and you'll be the only one in sight. You'll see a couple of merchants auto-bot-spamming world chat and even then, you'll say "game is still alive and well"." - Michael_Dark, Lost City
    "Lesson learned: As long as you spend lots of money, you are allowed to ignore the TOS and gain an unfair advantage." - SadieMae, Lost City
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    it doesn't mater how good a class suggestion is. the simple fact of the matter is, the current classes would need more work. i'm not going to say your idea is dumb, in fat some elements of it are indeed good, however they just have no place in the game due to the way it's set up.

water dwellers stronger in water? Ok...........how much time do you spend in water in the game?

earth dweller strong on earth? cool. so how OP will they be?

telekinetic race. heard this idea several times there is no real flaw in having them, at the same time, there is no info about them either. the earth and water dwellers in particualr would be awkward. most activites are on land so earth dwellers would almost always have full power, water dwellers would always be at a disadvantage. unless of course the difference in power they get from the surroundings isn't that big of a deal, but then one would ask why even put that in if that's the case?

i don't think ppl who are against new classes think the suggestion itself is dumb, i think these people just understand that new classes would only bring new problems UNLESS the older classes get worked on.

as for these being revolutionary classes, based on the VERY little info you posted about them, i would say they are anything but. the fact of the matter is, in any RPG classes fall into only a handful of categories, they go by different names but at their core, they are the same, the only difference is the skills they use. these base classes are: warrior, mage, archer, and summoner. believe me, your ideas my seem totally new, but they are not, even the telekinetic race is little more than some kind of mage.

how about adding more info for readers to bite into rather than just giving this very basic outline. you see people refuse new class so violently due to most class suggestions giving hardly any info what so ever. at least that is how i feel, if someone just pops up and say "hey we need a rave that can use telekinetic powers and weapons!" with no real detail on what the class is all about, they are just asking for negative feedback.
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    the only thing i see that would be good is this "veins" idea, would be cool to master a element of you choice with new skill sets, refilling them as a dailty quest. cool

each element could have a number of buffs, skills and attacks

hmmm true raindow squads ? =]
  • cris12822
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Okay so I edited the post and it now has more details concerning these classes. I think its pretty descriptive. I dont know how to make it any more descriptive.

I just gotta count on you guys to help give ur thoughts in this. I think personally it would be a HUGE change for PW, also brining in many more players and a better perspective to playing this game.

I just gotta count on you guys to help me out.
  • Mystx - Heavens Tear
    Mystx - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    id love a necromancer class

able to summon other dead classes to aid them :P
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'm not trying to be an *** but if u guys cant see the good in having these classes than dont bother commenting.

Awesome to in who's opinion? In YOUR OPINION? You are indeed trying to be an ****, by being forceful in your own personal opinion on your own personal idea. Sorry to burst your pompous little bubble, but opinions are like @$$holes, everyone has one and they all stink. YOUR PERSONAL ideas here might seem awesome to you, but you have no right chiding people for not agreeing with that opinion. Honestly, if you bother to look into how everything in the game is and has been, you'd quickly realize how difficult it would be for your ideas to work at all. I personally think your idea for Water and Earth Dweller is awful, and wouldn't be fun at all. I think it would be either severely overpowered, or severly problematic and tedious to play. Not to mention I've heard of such ideas before. Plus, we already have "water Dwellers" in the form of Tideborn, and "Earth Dwellers" in the form of the Earthguard.

You may find YOUR OWN PERSONAL IDEAS to be "awesome" but dont't sit and act all high and mighty about it. Because I for one don't agree with you.
  • cris12822
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yea that maybe true but. The reason I dont see how difficult it is is because it's not.

If they were able to build this game and its engine, and all the resources for it im sure one louzy class\race wont do much.

I mean people are caught up in thinking itll be hard work but thats the problem, it is hard work but if u were able to do this im sure 1 louzy race isnt gonna change how hard it is.

For seekers they made an expansion for them, they had to recode everything so seekers and mystics could use them. They had to code new plants and cities.

Im sure 1 extra race wont cause anymore harm that that.

I am hard on u people even if u are right im hard because I KNOW for a FACT that everybody sees it the way i do. People just like to defend the company when really there capable of LOTS more than you think they are.

People can put in ideas about other things even if there useless or dumb people will think its the best idea ever and then the company will make it work.

But the best of best ideas companies never take into concideration.

One of these days im gonna be one of those companies who listens to EVERYONE, builds a game that will be the best game on the internet all because I listened to what people wanted and what they didnt want.

Aside that fact

U diss me or hate the idea but if u actually read over the idea and learn to understand what im meaning and picture the classes. and the way theyd work you too would see what i mean.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yea that maybe true but. The reason I dont see how difficult it is is because it's not.

If they were able to build this game and its engine, and all the resources for it im sure one louzy class\race wont do much.

I mean people are caught up in thinking itll be hard work but thats the problem, it is hard work but if u were able to do this im sure 1 louzy race isnt gonna change how hard it is.

For seekers they made an expansion for them, they had to recode everything so seekers and mystics could use them. They had to code new plants and cities.

Im sure 1 extra race wont cause anymore harm that that.

I am hard on u people even if u are right im hard because I KNOW for a FACT that everybody sees it the way i do. People just like to defend the company when really there capable of LOTS more than you think they are.

People can put in ideas about other things even if there useless or dumb people will think its the best idea ever and then the company will make it work.

But the best of best ideas companies never take into concideration.

One of these days im gonna be one of those companies who listens to EVERYONE, builds a game that will be the best game on the internet all because I listened to what people wanted and what they didnt want.

Aside that fact

U diss me or hate the idea but if u actually read over the idea and learn to understand what im meaning and picture the classes. and the way theyd work you too would see what i mean.

1. it's more of a hassle than you think. with a new race comes new land, quests, mobs, story, and of course the classes. don't try to downplay the diffculty of a new race, it can take a long time to make up something like this, all the while devs must ask "is it worth it? will it be accepted?" in addition to this, it must be done by the Chinese first, then translated.

2. this idea really does seem to lean towards classes being OP. THAT is a problem, it WILL hurt the game just like sins did.

3. kinda arrogant of you to think you know what i think, i'm generally civil in the forums so i'm not gonna push more on that comment, but realize that flame wars start with comments like: "i know for a fact everyone thinks like me!" and just because it is within the companies capabilities doesn't mean they should follow an idea. indeed, if PWI wanted, they could make a new race, just not this.

4. the company can only do so much with a game that's over 5 years old that was developed by a totally different dev team. it's silly to think they can make any and every idea work. sometimes ideas would need a total change to the game, a change that would be too expensive to make. take a car for example, you can improve it's effancy by doing things like changing the oil, spark plugs and other things but you can never get it to go beyond a certain point until you replace various parts.

5. this i can agree with, altho i'll also say that there are very few ideas here that actually ARE good and PRACTICAL.

6. i wish you the best of luck with your gaming company. really i do, i can relate to this dream since i had the same goal myself but real life decided to throw me a curve ball. i must warn you however, as you seem to be completely naive to even the most basic business management. no business in existence EVER listens to all of it's customers, to do so would just be silly. if PWI listened to 20% of the things posted here, this game would have been shot to death many times over. MMORPGs need to be very careful about what they take from the players suggestions. the suggestion must be practical (see #5)

your idea just isn't for the game. and no i'm not trying to take sides with PWE, and i'm not being narrow minded. i ALWAYS think carefully about ideas like this, taking them down and weighting the pros and cons, i find it to be entertaining when i'm bored. this idea as it as, has too many cons and i can think of no way to deal with them. the cons really outweigh the pros.

PROS:
    powers based on terrain

CONS:
    terrain idea is shaky. especially the earth dwellers. if they are stronger on land, then that would mean there naturally have high stats. water dwellers can stay strong with veins, however it would suck if you run out of water in the middle of a fight in a place where there is no water around(and there are ALOT od places with no water). then comes the pet. i thoght the idea was gunning for something different. so why let them have pets? in addtion, the pet DOUBLES the water dweller's power.

telekinetic race is little more than a psyhic or wizard.

overall the idea is still to vague. just like most ideas like this. look are the cursed race post (the only good race post in the entire forum) and you can see what i'm talking about.

in the face of all that is messed up in the game, a new race should be the very last think on PWE's list.

edit: holy wall o text O_O
  • cris12822
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Thats EXACTLY what I wanted to here. The proper output about this idea.

No I seem to get it

Okay if this isnt doable. Why not update classes make them more unique and more interesting.

Make it so when someone goes to choose one they read what the class does but there so distracted by its looks.

Upgrade some classes with specs like that.

Maybe not the pet thing but upgrade the pets so they have armour\suits they either glow or the have certain designs which make an awsome design when they glow.

Upgrade the classes for pre suits glowing suits. I guess you could upgrade what we have to make it looks wicked.

Its the fact of would PWI Upgrade them to do this.

My gaming experince I've always thought about game i play and thought what if this was more real life like say racing games.

What if there was a racing game that was so real that u actualy could race\refuel ur car, change parts,do oil change. and if u ran red lights cops came after u or ur brakes could fail or u smash into a building and instead of smashing into it and stopping, u smash into it and break the building and damage the car like in real life.

I just try thinking of updates for any game that could at more realistic things.

You cant live life without thinking the "What If factor"
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The problem with the more glowy effects is that it is something that would require an upgrade to the game's engine. Which can cause some user's with older accounts and computers issues with things like lag and playability. In addition, you have to remember they have to work within the confines of what the game's engine can actually do. If you want to see an example of too much lag go to something like the trivia event next time it's around where a bunch of players with a bunch of effects going on all at the same time causes lag. If you do make a gaming company you can't just always give the vocal players what they want, you also have to think about how it's going to affect the playerbase as a whole.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    my my, i have to say the op must be a child based on the non-sense he's spewing. the class idea quite frankly would help destroy the game. the reasons for this have already been posted.

i laughed hard at the whole "i'm going to make a gaming company that listens to all it's players!" seriously? do you have any idea how stupid that is? your company will go broke in the first year. no mmorpg just comes up with an idea and work towards making it happen haphazardly (pwe is an exception). all sorts of issues need to be taken into account.

then there is PWE itself. they have **** poor record of implementing game features suggested in the forums. the 2 i can think of are alliances and guild bases. 2 very good ideas that were ridiculously executed.

there are bugs in the game from when it was first started, massive imbalance with the current classes, unbalanced features (APS), rampant power leveling, older classes getting phased out, and i'm sure there are other problems i've forgotten or just don't know about. some of these current problems MUST be fixed before they even THINK of adding more classes.
  • Blade_Basher - Archosaur
    Blade_Basher - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yea exactly thats what im saying. Listen to some of the users. Maybe they know exactly how to help PWI problems. Listen to users and maybe you will find a way to be make the game good but being good maybe the users know how to keep it good but effiecient for money older computers.

Laugh at this:You think everyone is different yea they are, but everyone organs are pretty much all the same, Everyone has a strong heart they just gotta let it go, maybe this idea is good but people are hiding in that strong heart to see what I am saying.

Maybe the users know fixes that PWI doesnt, and that user helps to make the games better because he tells them, PWI reads his comment so they try his way and find out BOOM It workes.