Genie skills

Options
X$exyFox - Heavens Tear
X$exyFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Venomancer
Hey hey,

what are the best Genie skills for a Venomancer?
I am going for ToP right now, but are there any other good skills?
Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by X$exyFox - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Second Wind is better for a low-HP character than Tree of Protection.
    Extreme Poison (increases damage done, stacks with amplify damage (but not assassin subsea strike)) or Tangling Mire (AOE pdef reduction + slow, the pdef reduction stacks with ironwood) are good (put second wind and tangling mire on a high dex genie, or tree of protection and extreme poison on a high strength genie for best synergy.)

Search this forum for other suggestions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Hey hey,

what are the best Genie skills for a Venomancer?
    I am going for ToP right now, but are there any other good skills?
    Thanks!

You didn't mention Holy Path. Probably the most essential skill, for running away from trouble AND keeping up with your squad. At the earlier levels you can pretty much get away with just Holy Path and Second Wind. I would focus on putting your attributes into getting HP first.

Edit: I forgot to mention HP also helps with Boss pulls where you have to pull a dangerous boss like Pole a long way.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Edit: I forgot to mention HP also helps with Boss pulls where you have to pull a dangerous boss like Pole a long way.

I leveled old school, lured Polearm hundreds of times, and never ever ever needed any HP to lure it.

There are better options:

1) Ranged Luring Pet?
    2) Bramble Hood?
    3) Summer Sprint?
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    I leveled old school, lured Polearm hundreds of times, and never ever ever needed any HP to lure it.

There are better options:

1) Ranged Luring Pet?
    2) Bramble Hood?
    3) Summer Sprint?

Like I said -- IT HELPS. It isn't essential. Summer Sprint alone works, but why keep the squad waiting?

The main thing is that with all the new classes with speed boosts as well as usually maxed Holy Path, a Veno without HP on their Genie is going to be left behind. The class already has a bad rep, having a Veno that lags behind because she doesn't have HP is asking for even more "fail veno" thinking.

I'm stating this mainly from the point of view of other classes which I play much more now than my Veno.

Edit: And back on topic, are you really advocating that the OP not put Holy Path on her Genie? Or, are you simply being argumentative?
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    My genie right now;

Expel, Absolute Domain, Cloud Eruption.
    I can't remember the other skills but those are my main ones.

I didn't bother with the heals since I don't really take much damage that a pot cant handle. I skipped holy path because I'm demon and the demon fox-form skill allows us to run at mount speed.

Holy Path however is a great skill pre 89, or if you're going to go sage. Tangling mire is good in certain situations, but you shouldn't be using it much when you're doing things on your own. I would prefer extreme poison.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    My genie has Extreme Poison, Earthquake, Cloud Eruption, Bramble Rage, Holy Path, and Second Wind.

Extreme Poison - stacking damage with amp. Speeds up any boss run.
    Earthquake - For soloing purposes as an interrupt for bosses.
    Cloud eruption - Who doesn't like chi?
    Bramble Rage - For AoE fun and uses sometimes
    Holy Path - To get out of nifty situations when demon fox form isn't good enough
    Second Wind - As a caster, heals well enough
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • SiR_PaYoNg_ - Dreamweaver
    SiR_PaYoNg_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    my genie have
    -holy path
    -absolute domain
    -extreme poison
    -tree of protection