Feeling a bit uneasy oO-minor rant(not QQ)

2»

Comments

• Itori - Lost City
    Itori - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Venos are a support class period. They are more effective as a support class and should never be trying to 1v1 a target in such things as TW. God sometimes I wonder if anyone knows how to play any class in this game.. seriously.
    qft...
    **** SUPPORT I HAVE DD b:laugh

---
    stuff

Skimmed.....

IMO, a veno does more in casting 1 amp than sending a thousand venomous scarabs. :/
    You really think your DD compares to other classes...? Ever done NV? I'm sure you could do nothing but amp and almost no one would notice. I think it takes a good veno to find the balance between when to be in fox, when to be in human, when to pass sparks, when to triple yourself. Sadly, this takes too much work for close minded venos. Luckily, as *usually* the only veno in squad I only have to worry about myself and not someone else **** up the job of a veno and giving other venos a bad name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no shame in losing when there is no honor in winning.
  • zbzkda
    zbzkda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    tfi3f wrote: »

Idk, they like to argue everything by saying all kinds of stupid subjective stuff. "In my experience", and "I've found that", and "Well, I don't know about YOU, but when I'M playing...", and they use that kind of phrasing to open up when they're about to type up a huge crock of absolute sh*t. The biggest emerging favourite way to open up a fail post in here is, "Well, different people have different playstyles", or "not everyone plays their veno the same way, playstyle is important". Good shet.

hey animablanc, I think you should read that bit there a few more times until something clicks. dont worry if it seems strange at first, just keep re-reading it, it'll hit you eventually.
    I seriously wonder: people who don't RPK, if you play the board game "Sorry!" and you roll the dice so that you land on an opponents piece and send it back to the beginning, do you sincerely apologize and ask everyone if you can have a do-over roll so you can give your victim another chance? It's a god damn game..

--LongKnife
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    zbzkda wrote: »
    hey animablanc, I think you should read that bit there a few more times until something clicks. dont worry if it seems strange at first, just keep re-reading it, it'll hit you eventually.

b:chuckle
    In my expierence i have found that people like you are so fed up with yourself you completely surpass the point you were trying to make and contradict yourself.
    because well, i dont know about YOIU but when i'm playing i never hear anyone complain when i DD after debuffing rather than stand around looking pretty waiting for my debuffs to cool down.
    and you know people are different and actually have different playstyles *gasp* whaddya know. and indeed not everyone plays their veno the same way or would you like to say that even HA veno's should stop what their doing and revert back to AA -just- because you believe their not meant for it? ( next to that, look up ANY thread/post about armor for a veno and you'll see that the majority of the veno's advocate AA with decent shards and refines and where LA comes into play they are ALL saying it comes with a drawback of either losing HP/def OR M.attack. given the person interested does not invest in the right adorns/refinement/sharding to compensate the pisspoor stats of LA)

b:bye dont worry if it sounds silly, just keep re-reading it, it will hit you eventually.

IMO, a veno does more in casting 1 amp than sending a thousand venomous scarabs. :/
    You really think your DD compares to other classes...? Ever done NV? I'm sure you could do nothing but amp and almost no one would notice. I think it takes a good veno to find the balance between when to be in fox, when to be in human, when to pass sparks, when to triple yourself. Sadly, this takes too much work for close minded venos. Luckily, as *usually* the only veno in squad I only have to worry about myself and not someone else **** up the job of a veno and giving other venos a bad name.

Yeah thats what i said....
    i never hear anyone complain when i DD after debuffing rather than stand around looking pretty waiting for my debuffs to cool down.

I'm not saying a veno -is- full dd neither am i saying it's -only- support, someone else how ever... is.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Leviathian - Dreamweaver
    Leviathian - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    EDIT: LOL, and IIRC, when I visited Dreamweaver for PWIC I saw a message on their world chat, I believe it was a recruiting message for the top guild on that server. Their recruiting level was 70+. Pro shet.

I don't remember Regenesis recruiting 70+... or even recruit at all...b:avoid
  • Kariae - Heavens Tear
    Kariae - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Lol, what do you expect from the only class subforum where people seem to think that light armour on an arcane class is a viable solution? Assassins and archers complain about LA because in the end it's not as good as HA, but venos on this subforum rush to put on LA and call it "suvivability".

Idk, they like to argue everything by saying all kinds of stupid subjective stuff. "In my experience", and "I've found that", and "Well, I don't know about YOU, but when I'M playing...", and they use that kind of phrasing to open up when they're about to type up a huge crock of absolute sh*t. The biggest emerging favourite way to open up a fail post in here is, "Well, different people have different playstyles", or "not everyone plays their veno the same way, playstyle is important". Good shet.

lol? jw, what does armor matter on a supportclass? i could roll my veno with NOTHING ON AT ALL and amp/purge/be cannon fodder. hell, i don't even need a weapon to do that. lolololololololol your logic! it is INFALLIBLE!
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This is what an attack class is all about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • tfi3f
    tfi3f Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Is that real...???
    Valhalla disband. That is all \o/

"The thing about winners is... they get to write the history books, and they get to analyze everything from high atop their winner's perch.

Doesn't matter what the circumstances are." -- Burnout, Harshlands, Wizard.
    edited October 2011
    Is that real...???
    Actually I can't assure you it is but I've seen very legit screenshots of >2m and I see >500k every time I take a +10 r9 wiz to bh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I disagree. I'm built full magic and I do just fine.

Talk to me when you're at least 90, none of your pets can hold aggro and you have the defenses of a flower.
  • DraknessDuir - Sanctuary
    DraknessDuir - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Talk to me when you're at least 90, none of your pets can hold aggro and you have the defenses of a flower.

Pure arcane does not equate lousy defense. I don't know this other veno's build but pdef can be made up in ornaments and cape and obviously mdef is going to be pretty good. HP? I've seen pure mage venos with over 10k hp unbuffed just from shards and refines.
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Pure arcane does not equate lousy defense. I don't know this other veno's build but pdef can be made up in ornaments and cape and obviously mdef is going to be pretty good. HP? I've seen pure mage venos with over 10k hp unbuffed just from shards and refines.

Yes ma'am, that's called CSing. Which explains why the veno is pure magic in the first place.
    Don't make a veno to nuke, because our nukes are complete ****. Period.
  • DryadLaFey - Sanctuary
    DryadLaFey - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yes ma'am, that's called CSing. Which explains why the veno is pure magic in the first place.
    Don't make a veno to nuke, because our nukes are complete ****. Period.

Nope, not CSing it's called actually playing the game for 2+ years and not spending coin on stupid stuff like fashion. And my veno is mage because I like playing alone alot and I like doing well in the tiger event. I don't do to bad in TW either. I've thought about switching to HA but frankly I see them go squish almost as fast as I do so I'd rather not nerf my event farming ability.

<<FYI: Drak on a different account.
    b:cute
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Nope, not CSing it's called actually playing the game for 2+ years and not spending coin on stupid stuff like fashion. And my veno is mage because I like playing alone alot and I like doing well in the tiger event. I don't do to bad in TW either. I've thought about switching to HA but frankly I see them go squish almost as fast as I do so I'd rather not nerf my event farming ability.

<<FYI: Drak on a different account.

Pure Magic or HA is like having to chose from one of two ends of a completely different spectrum of gear and playstyle. Pure magic is just what it is, squishy. As it's already been said many times before, unless you're going full r9 josd then it's a bad idea. My personal opinion is also that if you're going to spend that kind of money on ONE character, why not put it on a character that actually benefits a GREAT deal from r9.
    edited October 2011
    I've thought about switching to HA but frankly I see them go squish almost as fast as I do so I'd rather not nerf my event farming ability.
    Well... It's true that most heavy venos fail but I can grant you the non-fail ones last longer than bms on matching gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aijou - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Well... It's true that most heavy venos fail but I can grant you the non-fail ones last longer than bms on matching gear.

Most venos fail period.
  • DryadLaFey - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Pure Magic or HA is like having to chose from one of two ends of a completely different spectrum of gear and playstyle. Pure magic is just what it is, squishy. As it's already been said many times before, unless you're going full r9 josd then it's a bad idea. My personal opinion is also that if you're going to spend that kind of money on ONE character, why not put it on a character that actually benefits a GREAT deal from r9.

Don't plan on getting r9 on any of my toons. Frankly that much money is better spent on things like rent and electricity. And your opinion of veno builds is just that YOUR opinion, not gospel. Maybe on a pvp server AA veno is bad, idk, I'm on a pve server becasue I don't care much for pvp except in tw. On a pve server AA works pretty good.
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Don't plan on getting r9 on any of my toons. Frankly that much money is better spent on things like rent and electricity. And your opinion of veno builds is just that YOUR opinion, not gospel. Maybe on a pvp server AA veno is bad, idk, I'm on a pve server becasue I don't care much for pvp except in tw. On a pve server AA works pretty good.

AA veno is amazing.
    Full magic =/= AA.

I have PLAYED full magic venos. I have FOUGHT full magic venos. It's built to fail, seriously. I don't see why people continue to go with these ridiculously squishy builds and then proceed to cry about how squishy they are.

Venos get more HP per vit point than any other caster class in game, isnt that enough of a hint for you people?
  • FloraFang - Harshlands
    FloraFang - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm no pro veno or anything but when the hell did this become a thread about builds? oO tbh i dnt see why ppl argue about it and toss around stupid analogies(i.e: everyone uses diff armor to fit their playstyle? then a barb can use arcane because that's my playstyle blah blah).
    When did pwi turn into 'YOU SHOULD ONLY BE THIS BUILD ALL OTHER BUILDS FAIL"? seriously we sound like the aps classes right now(!%^$%^@$more aps^!%@%^%@fail w/o aps#@$#@).b:chuckle
    I think thats why so many fail venos exsist they see the forum and everyone is arguing for a different build they dnt know what to do or how to build themselves thus they just jump i nto the game all confused.
    Also as a side note to the whole support vs. DD I'm pretty sure venos fall in between, and ppl just want to much >.< oh i want pets but I want to do the dmg of a wizard, you cant have the best of both worlds and same goes for armors like LA it divides your m.def and p.def evenly so nothing out balances the other its not ment to have more p.def than HA or more M.def than AA if i did then everyone(who isnt doing rank armor) would prolly want to switch to LA. Ppl have to realized only so much can be done you cant have everything you want.
    Just accept the fact that everyone is different, have diff resources, and thought processes. When did arguing something so trivial solve anything?(and i have the feeling someone is gonna reply w/ something snarky whoever does just a word or warning you'll be ignored i'm not obligated to respond to youb:bye)
    The three L's Love, Life and Light! Love those who love you back unconditionally. Live life the way you envision. And light a path that others would want to follow.

I've done two of them...don't try to guess xpb:kissb:cute
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    I'm no pro veno or anything but when the hell did this become a thread about builds? oO tbh i dnt see why ppl argue about it and toss around stupid analogies(i.e: everyone uses diff armor to fit their playstyle? then a barb can use arcane because that's my playstyle blah blah).
    When did pwi turn into 'YOU SHOULD ONLY BE THIS BUILD ALL OTHER BUILDS FAIL"? seriously we sound like the aps classes right now(!%^$%^@$more aps^!%@%^%@fail w/o aps#@$#@).b:chuckle
    I think thats why so many fail venos exsist they see the forum and everyone is arguing for a different build they dnt know what to do or how to build themselves thus they just jump i nto the game all confused.
    Also as a side note to the whole support vs. DD I'm pretty sure venos fall in between, and ppl just want to much >.< oh i want pets but I want to do the dmg of a wizard, you cant have the best of both worlds and same goes for armors like LA it divides your m.def and p.def evenly so nothing out balances the other its not ment to have more p.def than HA or more M.def than AA if i did then everyone(who isnt doing rank armor) would prolly want to switch to LA. Ppl have to realized only so much can be done you cant have everything you want.
    Just accept the fact that everyone is different, have diff resources, and thought processes. When did arguing something so trivial solve anything?(and i have the feeling someone is gonna reply w/ something snarky whoever does just a word or warning you'll be ignored i'm not obligated to respond to youb:bye)

PURE MAGIC R9 JOSD OR GTFO.

/thread
  • SiR_PaYoNg_ - Dreamweaver
    SiR_PaYoNg_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I don't remember Regenesis recruiting 70+... or even recruit at all...b:avoid

yup...i think they stop recruit for now b:avoid
  • DryadLaFey - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011

Agreed. Personally I think there are only two kinds of fail characters

1.Those that just can't stay alive long enough to contribute anything to the squad
    2.Those that make it to 100 and still don't know what their skills contribute to the squad (besides damage - seems to me every class has at least one support skill).

And sometimes that's the same person . Sad
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Okay okay I figured out the essential question I was trying to ask in that minor rant:
    Have u felt urself falling ou tof love w/ ur veno? have you/how did u try to reconnect to keep from alt jumping and mindless insticntive money spending?b:chuckle

Honestly? At this moment, no. It's still my favorite character to play because of my role in TW/PvP. Why am I still in love with my veno after all this time? I'm decently geared, I can execute my job in TW and have some fun in between.

During the last 2x, I collaboratively farmed a Full R9 archer with my bf (who also plays) and until I get the hang of playing that character, I cant say for sure whether I will fall "out of love" with my veno or not. I feel like I wont because veno was my first character.

Truth of the matter is, I've probably fallen out of love more with the game then of my character, so I don't play 24/7. I log on after work for fun weekly events, 2x drops event or when my faction calls for some world pvp help.
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I disagree. I'm built full magic and I do just fine.

Just depends on shards, refines, etc. Pure magic venos are great. Hybrids (50 vit or dex) are decent as well.
    Honestly? At this moment, no. It's still my favorite character to play because of my role in TW/PvP. Why am I still in love with my veno after all this time? I'm decently geared, I can execute my job in TW and have some fun in between.

During the last 2x, I collaboratively farmed a Full R9 archer with my bf (who also plays) and until I get the hang of playing that character, I cant say for sure whether I will fall "out of love" with my veno or not. I feel like I wont because veno was my first character.

Truth of the matter is, I've probably fallen out of love more with the game then of my character, so I don't play 24/7. I log on after work for fun weekly events, 2x drops event or when my faction calls for some world pvp help.

I raged quit my veno 5 times on RT, but always came back to it b:cute. It's been my class for two years (Yes, TWO YEARS playing the same class on 2 servers lmao!) and I simply love it. I barely get on due to schooling and work, but I still enjoy playing my veno. Those that say venos fail or poor in pvp are TROLOLO NABSAUCEZ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss