Is it allowed?

cheats69
cheats69 Posts: 86 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Veno goes afk with pet on "defend" as well attacks the closest mob or player
Pet can easily kill mobs in little time.
Veno is also auto healing pet every 30 seconds.

Is this afk grinding allowed? Are you allowed to afk and gain experience this way (as little as it is); or level your pet like this for that matter?

A video of a PWIC finalist is floating around doing this, so I am curious if it is permissible.
Post edited by cheats69 on

Comments

• toxicchemicals
    toxicchemicals Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    well your answer is in what you said if veno is afk then its what you call afk grinding since you said hes afk unless hes right there talking to people but i dont know really i never played before
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yeah it would be permissible. Just idk how you can auto-macro. :x

Long run I don't see this working really.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This is an interesting question i would love to know answer too.

I never thought about it before but would this apply to other classes such as my mystic rockbuster and his devil too.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    To be honest does it really matter? Was it actually prohibiting you from playing? If it were in Valley of the Scarred then I would say it was but if some other place.... it just seems that this is considered the norm now. I mean it takes the pet way more EXP than it is meant to in order for it to level. Hypers do not work as intended and never will for the pet.

This is what the actual game claims and I will tell you now it does not work that way... your pet gets like 10 EXP regardless of how much the mob was worth but this is what the game claims :

EXPLIES.png
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    God I'd cry if I wanted to level a pet past 101 b:cry
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I remember a GM replying to a similar question that systematically gaining anything while you are not present at the computer (aside from setting up a shop) was considered against the rules. This kind of brought up the issue of clerics with an MP charm doing zhen, but that was a really long time ago.

I doubt it would still be against the rules, but I just don't see how you could pull off such a thing effectively. You can't use any third-party programs to do the auto targeting/attacking for you because that is definitely not allowed, so you would need to park your veno in the middle of an aggressive mob spawn around your level, jam the pet heal key down and then rely on MP & HP charms. It would work, but it's not very cost effective...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toxicchemicals
    edited October 2011
    omg why do pets take long to level O_O
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    10-15 EXP per mob + that much EXP to get it from 103-104

I did the math it would take 12 months of doing nothing but leaving it AFK grinding to even get it to 104 for such a little improvement. It took weeks to get it to 103

How is it fair that the EXP value does not match the 150% while using hypers. Everything I kill gives it the same amount.

Glitch will not be fixed so yeah just forget you ever saw that person.
  • cheats69
    cheats69 Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    so what you are implying is that because the xp ratio is nerfed, venos are permitted to break the rules (if this is the case?)

then I assume you are ok with the frost glitch, since it isnt really "prohibiting me from playing", and to get legitimately from 104-105 is months.

Same reasoning applies?
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    There broke I suppose.

idk I use Mice Bashing tho.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • toxicchemicals
    edited October 2011
    God I'd cry if I wanted to level a pet past 101 b:cry
    There broke I suppose.

idk I use Mice Bashing tho.
    who would wait 1 year for that ._.?
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    cheats69 wrote: »
    so what you are implying is that because the xp ratio is nerfed, venos are permitted to break the rules (if this is the case?)

then I assume you are ok with the frost glitch, since it isnt really "prohibiting me from playing", and to get legitimately from 104-105 is months.

Same reasoning applies?

the comparison is not exactly the same, you're comparing something that has been broken since the start that will never be fixed... after this amount of time you can clearly see that it is not going to be fixed.

The other thing on the other hand PWE claim to have fixed in one of their patches but neglected to do so according to the mass amount of spam related to it on the forum that still keeps coming up.

Like I said in another topic : if the developer quit beating around the bush and actually released new content for high levels like they keep falsely advertising people would be busy exploring new content rather than finding things out about old content.

Although I do feel perhaps having a stupid amount of 105 level players on each server seems to be the only thing that will actually motivate them to make real new high level content... I guess it won't really matter in about a year after they again neglect to bring new content and their refining sales amount to less money since there isn't any new gear to actually refine.

The bad part is our GMs can do nothing just relay the message and hope something gets done... but I get the feeling numbers are the only thing that will actually make something happen.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    To be honest does it really matter? Was it actually prohibiting you from playing? If it were in Valley of the Scarred then I would say it was but if some other place.... it just seems that this is considered the norm now. I mean it takes the pet way more EXP than it is meant to in order for it to level. Hypers do not work as intended and never will for the pet.

This is what the actual game claims and I will tell you now it does not work that way... your pet gets like 10 EXP regardless of how much the mob was worth but this is what the game claims :

EXPLIES.png

odd... my 8 pets have always gotten 15....... o wait mine are full, and i dont' hit mobs under my lvl (or the pet's lvl if the pet isnt' caught up). You can't hit a mob tht's a SINGLE LEVEL LOWER then you and expect to get 15 exp rofl.... u get like 12 one lvl lower.....
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    10-15 EXP per mob + that much EXP to get it from 103-104

I did the math it would take 12 months of doing nothing but leaving it AFK grinding to even get it to 104 for such a little improvement. It took weeks to get it to 103

How is it fair that the EXP value does not match the 150% while using hypers. Everything I kill gives it the same amount.

Glitch will not be fixed so yeah just forget you ever saw that person.

wtf? how much of a jump in exp does the pet need to hit 103?

Pet's only need 3500 exp to get 92...... and thta takes like ten frackign minutes in the cube......
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    wtf? how much of a jump in exp does the pet need to hit 103?

Pet's only need 3500 exp to get 92...... and thta takes like ten frackign minutes in the cube......

2.5 million or 3 million can't remember.... see what they task you with... I mean hell it's not like the thing does that much damage it should be easier to level sheesh...
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    holy **** i just looked at that pic again... 10 million exp to get a pet to 104?????????????? WTF????????????? wel i got another reason not to go past 100 on this..... that's b.s. what idiot thought that was a decent #?

christ i thought WE were bad enough..... idk how anyone playig this before BH and got high lvl then even kept from going insane....... If i had got my old archer past 70 b4 i quit for a year (lol ), when i hit 80, let alone 90.. I prolyl would've quit then..... permanently. Thank god for Hyper'ed FF or this game would be impossible for most peopel to keep they're sanity..... veno i hit 80 grinding pets outside (remember 8 pets), BH here and there..... 80 was easy on veno. But then i said frack it, FF and cube to lvl pets.... lmao But other classes.... u do the few quests and whoa...... still got a **** ton of exp to get.

Hey devs get the hint? ya kinda need to scale down the fracking exp requirements.....
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I doubt PWI would care.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    cheats69 wrote: »

Same reasoning applies?

That is two totally different things.

Venos are using the defend button and sitting on a spawn point, when they obviously draw aggro the pet defends them. That is how that button is intended to work. In addition attack macros are a feature of the game, and so healing the pet is working as intended. It's not really fair, but sins being able to go into stealth and thus level far faster than everyone else isn't really fair either. Especially since theoretically if they get a good macro they can kill the boss while doing something else, and then just pop over into stealth and bypass all the other obstacles. But again, these are both working as intended. Pets are supposed to be able to automatically defend their owners from aggro, and sins are supposed to have stealth.

The Frost glitch is exploiting a glitch that causes the mob to act differently than it normally does to the players great advantage. The steps you have to go through to even get it to work prove that it's a glitch and not the way the mob is supposed to work. Players with any common sense can tell that, which is why people in the level range that instance is supposed to be (75-85 judging by the gear given and quest level range) wouldn't be able to do it all on their own if they are in average gear for their level. While it would take a while, an average geared squad can complete all of the other instances in their level range it just takes a lot longer than it would for a level 100. Even the cube can be completed in your 40s . If it makes you feel any better, the veno fly glitch (where they can sometimes glitch the bosses using their flying pets so that it doesn't attack back) is also bannable. For the exact same reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Onehunglow - Sanctuary
    Onehunglow - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I have a lvl93 veno & can see no way to auto heal or auto attack. If you find how let me know please!!!
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    auto attack is easy... make a macro..... put that blue arrow that make s a macro loop in the first slot...... then alternate Ironwood, Ven scarab, blazin, Ven, the stun one, Ven, Noxious, Ven

that way it wont' stop, usually.

Healing dont' work, pet heal's too fast. or the cooldown's too fast or something idk.... u COULD do heal, Ven, Heal Ven.... but if u have to hold down F4 or w/e u have pet heal on to spam heal.... that wont' work. I've tried making a heal macro... first the loop button then pet heal icon just once..... then pet heal icon in every damn slot after loop..... it keeps stopping. something's too fast or the other way around but i couldn't figure what. or maybe too much channeling gear on idk lol

This person the OP is talkig about is either watchign tv and just hitting pet heal approx every 30 secs..... or using a 3rd party program that'll tell the game when to hit heal (in this case once every 30 secs). And of COURSe the latter's bannable... d'oh
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It can be done with one of those gaming keyboards with built in macros. I vaguely remember PWE even promoting one of those Logitech keyboards as a prize.

Personally, I don't think it should be disallowed in places like Mice Bashing, but if it is used out in the open it becomes essentially automated farming and leveling. (I'm pretty sure anyone doing this would want to build-in a drop pickup in the macro)

So in that case it would and should definitely be bannable.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    eh? I have a G-11....... still couldnt' figure it out. think there's a limit to how much u can put in the macro's on the KB. Unless there's a way i dont' know to loop a macro on the KEYBOARD....
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I haven't looked closely at the G-11 capabilities, but I know I could do it on my Saitek Cyborg keyboard if I wanted to. It can record keystrokes, mouse clicks and the exact timing of the keypresses as well as repeat.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    wait d'oh, there is a loop on the G-11 just remembered lmao brb

Edit: LOL holy hell that was easy...... make macro, record F4, save macro. bring up the menu on that macro to edit it's properties and put repeat option on Toggle rofl..... hell it spams heal as fast as if i'm holding down F4 myself XD. No more finger hurting lmao

Edit: Now slaps himself that he didnt' do that 70 levels earlier.........
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    afk grinding for veno is not worth it.even if you saw some1 maybe that player was curious ,testing or afk not for long time.
    Why its not worth it or risky ? Because :
    1.Anyway the pet will take damage and soon it will die and after that you will be the next.
    2.Pets has slow recovery rate ,so , a pet not to die must kill much lower lvl mobs which is not worth it for you because of the very low xp points from each mob.
    3.Even if you have a combo you cant auto-target (if you want to help the pet) unless if you are using a **** bot or something like that.And you will be caught and banned b:laugh because they scan sometimes your RAM for "weird" bots runs applications b:laugh like any MMO does :)
    4. Who will pick-up the drops ? the pet ? i doubt :)

Time is money.Dont waste your time like this, better join to a bh team and get a chance for molds or 3 stars drops
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2011
    honestly with what i did with my KB, i'm sure i could add in a wait and do F4 (I have pet heal on F4 btw) a second time in the macor to make it heal every 30 secs (or 10 secs or w/e, i can make it record delays between keystrokes so ya) or so. then put THAT on repeat. Mobs your lvl won't beat the pet up THAT bad, long as you're in a spot where u only have to deal with ONE mob (that pops in the exact same spot). so put pet on defend and hit your Keyboard macro, no third party **** or nothing... not hacking the game or nothing. Only tihng u gotta worry about is ya..... u can't get your drops if you're afk rofl

And this wasnt' about grinding, this was afk leveling your pets. Which is bannable or was..... if you're using 3rd party tools to do it.

But what the convo turned into and what i meant in that last post was auto healing on bosses that take like 30+ freaking minutes to kill... then u go after another one.... your finger tends to shake and get sore holding down F4 or w/e that long. rofl Now mine won't XD

I already had made a macro to auto send my pets after the closest mob (macro does Tab then a 1 sec delay then Alt+1). Pretty much just use it to hit the glowy bugs in RT levelign air pets. lol