Ways to deal with Broken Class PVP

_Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
_Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
HOKAY so. This is a slightly serious thread so I need some legitimate answers.
As a cleric I often get destroyed by r8 sins out of nowhere. I have found a few ways to get around it and survive but I need to know more. I pk often on lost city so yeah.
The other day a sin wanted to 1v1 me, he kept coming out of stealth and killing me, even after I was stacking heals before he appeared. I had plume shell up but he waited for it to go away. I can use expel but I believe that only delays the inevitable. A charm is nice but wont save me. Can I get some tactics? Or is it just impossible to do anything against the worst addition to the game?
Facebook.com/foxi187
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Deteriorate - Harshlands
    Deteriorate - Harshlands Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Get a friend if you want to win and dont stand on the floor stood still if theyre in stealth and you are dumb enough to 1v1 still.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Get a friend if you want to win and dont stand on the floor stood still if theyre in stealth and you are dumb enough to 1v1 still.

I am wanting to know how to deal with them by myself. When they appear.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    as an ep, 1st id get to 100 and get ur r9 top/weapon. + hh99 gear or w/e

if you haven't already, switch to a high Mag genie so you can pretty much spam expel whenever you need it. As far as I know you can plume shell & expel indefinitely while waiting for a sin, (meaning u keep shell up and once it's down you will have expel ready incase the sin pops up, if he pops up just expel, by the time expel runs out you will be able to shell again, after 20 seconds with a high mag genie you genie would be full again(if memory serves me right))

And back when I played ep, a mana charm was pretty much a necessity for pvping with plumeshell, so i'd invest in those.

In addition to all of that, get some 50% physical reduction charms so you dont get 1 shot out of stealth, that way it'll give u a chance to expel before you die.

Also, idk if your demon or sage, but invest in getting your cultis' skill that increases your physical defense, and do that whenever you get a chance. (Sage vangaurd's spirit, Demon Stream of Rejuvenation)
    edited October 2011
    as an ep, 1st id get to 100 and get ur r9 top/weapon. + hh99 gear or w/e

if you haven't already, switch to a high Mag genie so you can pretty much spam expel whenever you need it. As far as I know you can plume shell & expel indefinitely while waiting for a sin, (meaning u keep shell up and once it's down you will have expel ready incase the sin pops up, if he pops up just expel, by the time expel runs out you will be able to shell again, after 20 seconds with a high mag genie you genie would be full again(if memory serves me right))

And back when I played ep, a mana charm was pretty much a necessity for pvping with plumeshell, so i'd invest in those.

In addition to all of that, get some 50% physical reduction charms so you dont get 1 shot out of stealth, that way it'll give u a chance to expel before you die.

Also, idk if your demon or sage, but invest in getting your cultis' skill that increases your physical defense, and do that whenever you get a chance. (Sage vangaurd's spirit, Demon Stream of Rejuvenation)

Ahh. The stream sounds nice. I already am 100 on LC. Where can I get those p reduction charms?? oh and r9 isn't an option. I am f2p
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Ahh. The stream sounds nice. I already am 100 on LC. Where can I get those p reduction charms?? oh and r9 isn't an option. I am f2p

my apologizes, i meant rank 8. And I believe you need apothecary lvl 8 to make those charms @ the apothecary in heaven/hell there's also 33% ones if you have a lower apothecary but id invest in the 50% ones
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i would stop worrying if i where you

a decent sin who knows what hes doing will **** you, sorry but sins are just not fair pvp wise
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    a broken class getting broke on is unbroke. no wonder u died
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    A dex genie helps. You can use badge of courage to break out of a stun or fortify for a little anti stun. You're a cleric but as a wizzy after I blink away when they get close I single spark to resist their next stun. The only broken sin skill is tidal protection in my opinion =/
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Play another game.

Worked for me, might work for you.
    Packs World International
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    A dex genie helps. You can use badge of courage to break out of a stun or fortify for a little anti stun. You're a cleric but as a wizzy after I blink away when they get close I single spark to resist their next stun. The only broken sin skill is tidal protection in my opinion =/

the reason i didn't suggest a dex genie is because imo badge on an ep is useless, If the sin uses tackling slash it's pretty much game over for an ep without expel. Badge works for wizards though because we can distance shrink away when they tackling slash us, eps cant get away.

Is till say a high mag genie with expel is best for eps.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If you know there's a sin, then you should either start jumping or flying.

If you're jumping and the sin stuns you midair, then they wasted their opening stun.

If you're flying when they stealth gank you, then use Badge Of Courage to break out of the stun, drop off your fly, and paralyze/sleep them. Then use plume shield if it isn't on cooldown, stack yourself, etc.

If you don't know they're coming, then you're probably stacking yourself which is a good start. Next you need to badge out of the opening stun, sleep them or something, create some space, turn on your shield, then do whatever clerics do to kill sins.

All that being said, a good sin will roflrape you 99% of the times regardless of what you do. But I'd say 10% of the sin population actually knows what they're doing, so the above will work quite a bit.

Oh and if you pk in SP and a blue named sin attacks you, you can expel them even if their filter is on.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If you know there's a sin, then you should either start jumping or flying.

If you're jumping and the sin stuns you midair, then they wasted their opening stun.

If you're flying when they stealth gank you, then use Badge Of Courage to break out of the stun, drop off your fly, and paralyze/sleep them. Then use plume shield if it isn't on cooldown, stack yourself, etc.

If you don't know they're coming, then you're probably stacking yourself which is a good start. Next you need to badge out of the opening stun, sleep them or something, create some space, turn on your shield, then do whatever clerics do to kill sins.

All that being said, a good sin will roflrape you 99% of the times regardless of what you do. But I'd say 10% of the sin population actually knows what they're doing, so the above will work quite a bit.

Oh and if you pk in SP and a blue named sin attacks you, you can expel them even if their filter is on.

That what i do i jump ;p lol.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LoraTab - Dreamweaver
    LoraTab - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Against a good sin your not gonna stand a chance, because frankly the majority of sins are gonna be way out gearing you if your free to play and poor. Against equal gear sins, the jumping,flying, and definitely not holding still part helps you alot. Rank9 clerics with proper gems,refines,apoth,genies are actually not super easily brought down by a lesser geared sin. On dreamweaver for instance..smashnheal stands out as actually taking a hit very well.
    P.s I am a rank 9 uber geared sin, but that account is forum banned:(
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Above is true.

Anything AA and that isn't R8/9 loses 100% of the time against sins.

Get R8, get genie w/ expel and pray to god they don't have the antisleep genie skill.

Edit: If you're f2p you shouldn't be PvPing..ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    One thing a friend of mine likes to do when I poke him and then jump into stealth is take the closest mob and use it to Sirens kiss, at least I think that's the skill that freezes you to the spot, to pop me out of my stealth before getting the chance to move away, don't know if this will help but if you're out grinding and get attacked it could be a life saver if they try to run from you if you're successful with everything else people have suggested here :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    heavy nv r8 cleric b:pleased i might actually try this on my cleric who knew might be funb:pleased
    edited October 2011
    Is badge of courage a genie skill? O.o I know it's an item I am looking to get xDDDD
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]