sword tree

Options
mkl0011
mkl0011 Posts: 56 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Blademaster
What the heck is mages bane good for?It barely does any damage compared to the others and the debuff for 50% channel speed i only a max of 8 secs.It does more damage than the newbie skills but the cost of one spark isn't worth it.And what about spirit chaser?that thing is just a weaker version of farstrike.its only a split second faster but other than that it wasa waste and i only got it so i could get atmos strike.
Post edited by mkl0011 on

Comments

• Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Alot of these skills are old, and have not been updated to be brought up to speed like other skills have been. That said, they have the very specific and not very useful areas where they could work.

Magebane, 100% accuracy. Anyone that has an evasion boost skill to survive is rendered useless. It's one of the reason I have berserk sword. 50% longer channeling. Good for mages that like to spam their one hit kill spells. Gives more time to spike em down, or just get out of range and make their cast fail. And if they are fond of coming out of stun with an insta-cast pot, 50% longer channel seems like a very nice debuff.

As for spirit chaser....I dunno. Maybe they figured people would specialize and stick to a tree. I only used it because I liked the look of my sword more than my spear when doing FC runs. At least it looks neat.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary
    Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well holy hell your on

DoD's are 30 mill a pop now, you suuuuuuuck
    I give up on beign a blademaster. Gonna go wave my tranny **** around and pew pew.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    farstrike is better than spirit chaser but the point with getting both is that you'll have 2 ranged skills, which can be handy when you're dealing with freezing effect and runners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Sword tree is relatively weak also because there just aren't that many decent swords to use besides rank 8/Nirvana. Myriad Sword Stance is our most powerful attack, supposedly, but without a good sword, it's damage just isn't too good to waste too spark on. They either need to add better swords, or upgrade the skills for swords, i.e. giving it more useful effects like armor debuff or something.
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Myriad Sword Stance can be a life saver sometimes and can really hurt at times.

as for the the tree..um i push with pole and switch to push with sword if i cant wait on cooldown as for Mage bane bah i rather Bot
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    OMG MSS is AMAZING! b:victory

/2009
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited November 2011
    Options
    go farm warsoul blade with -40% armour tear, with full interval gear it'll hit about 2.22 with cyclone; that'll bypass anyone in robe and light.

oh also, magebane can be a life saver when a caster 3furies and uses an immune to stun pot/something similar