Phantom Bid Glitch

124»

Comments

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    I'm hoping that the bid will allow Legendary to begin bidding again, rather than be locked out as they've been for the past weeks.

I'm also hoping Regicide can handle the the feeble swings of one piddly little GM wearing the GM Robe and Sword, and with just 10m HP.

So this is a temporary solution, to attempt to allow Legendary to bid, I assume? What, then, is being done for future weeks?
  • TnTn - Sanctuary
    TnTn - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    so if u all no show the attack does that mean its a fake bid and you gotta ban urselfs?
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    So this is a temporary solution, to attempt to allow Legendary to bid, I assume? What, then, is being done for future weeks?

Well, what I'm really hoping is that this bid acts as a sort of "reset", meaning that Legendary will stop auto-bidding on The Great Lake starting next week. If it does work out like this, then I'll have a GM bid on Island of Broken Dreams next week to hopefully reset that one too.

If it all works out, all instances of phantom bidding will be eradicated...for now.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    so if u all no show the attack does that mean its a fake bid and you gotta ban urselfs?

Unfortunately, yes.

Those of us here in the California office will poof into nothingness, leaving but a sad little pile of GM swords and robes on the floor.
  • oxavier
    oxavier Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I demand compensation for the weeks of unnecessary torture and deprivation.
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm hoping that the bid will allow Legendary to begin bidding again, rather than be locked out as they've been for the past weeks.

congratulations you've done something... that any player in the game could have done.
    You've known about this issue for weeks, finally managing to hopefully "fix" it while giving up another week? Why is another week necessary? Are you that idiotic?

So im just a simple player. I'm making the assumption that a GM or SOMEBODY working for PWE would be able to force/alter TW bids without needing for the game coding to realize its wednesday-thursday and place a bid like any ingame player.

Either this game is so poorly designed that no such system exist (but then again how did this bug arise? hm..)
    or you are too ignorant to be able to properly make use of such system
    or you are too stupid to realize that there was a better way of approaching this issue, one that players did not have access to, and would have allowed LG to bid this week.
    or you just dont give a ****.

p.s. im from the god damn opposing faction and im pissed. Since no TW, LG should just organize a party/trip to foster city or whatever hell hole PWE is based at.

and what the hell are you going to do if this doesnt work out as planned? since assuming you are still capable of coming up/stealing player ideas to do anything about this. why didn't you just do that first?
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2011

I'm also hoping Regicide can handle the the feeble swings of one piddly little GM wearing the GM Robe and Sword, and with just 10m HP.

I'm pretty sure that a GM sword with like OVER 9 THOUSAND THOUSAND power level can like 1 or 2 shot our crystal rofl. TWing a GM faction must be a first time ever. :O
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    3 letters...
    l.o.l

@TheDan: Somebody from Regicide should Fraps it and post it on YouTube.
    Achievement Unlocked: Over9000 - GM has to step in to stop Regicide
  • oxavier
    oxavier Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yes, please record that for the luls :P
  • PinkyMe - Sanctuary
    PinkyMe - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2011

I really hoped this was a joke >.> Why didnt u guys do this a week ago.. or 2 weeks ago?!

Even if we might be able to bid again, this might not change anything. What if the glitch move to this "new" faction, and blocks everyone else from bidding on that land in the future?!

Oh and thank you for letting us sit on first row and watch the 2 other top factions fight over the map >.>
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I think TheDan should solo the GM TW, ijs. Or Bearish. And the GM should be KrittyCat. b:pleased

Well, as LG's Event director, kinda low on ideas to keep people busy with no TW for 5 weeks now due to things we cannot control. That's five lands we could have gained. The whole map could have looked different by now. Thanks to Dan ATTACKING US QQ we get to TW this week, but Dan loses an attack on Vindicate that they might have wanted to pursue. It's safe to say of the 3 big TW factions, all are sympathetic to our problem by this point...

Any GMs have any ideas? LG is bloodthirsty and pervy faction, with no satisfaction to bloodthirst problem they are rapidly becoming more and more pervy. I don't think my innocent brain can handle this b:sad

Perhaps some sort of Event we can organize? Compensation? Beat up Frankie day?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    I think TheDan should solo the GM TW, ijs. Or Bearish. And the GM should be KrittyCat. b:pleased

Well, as LG's Event director, kinda low on ideas to keep people busy with no TW for 5 weeks now due to things we cannot control. That's five lands we could have gained. The whole map could have looked different by now. Thanks to Dan and Skuttle we get to TW this week, but Dan loses an attack on Vindicate that they might have wanted to pursue.

Any GMs have any ideas? LG is bloodthirsty and pervy faction, with no satisfaction to bloodthirst problem they are rapidly becoming more and more pervy. I don't think my innocent brain can handle this b:sad

Not a GM, sorry.b:chuckle

Just a lowly, volunteer, player moderator.b:surrender
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Not a GM, sorry.b:chuckle

Just a lowly, volunteer, player moderator.b:surrender

Kritty vs Bearish must happen. b:avoid
    Someday~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Anyone taking bets on the result for next week?
    I'd give it a 50/50 chance of being fixed now heh.

A GM should definitely show up for that tw though. I think it might be close.. There is a 99% attack debuff on the HQ for players but GMs do like 10m damage. Thats 100k a swing which is same as a cata. But there are 4 cata.

If the GM didnt have invulnerability on they'd be stun/sealed lock nearly the whole time I think. The players should win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Anyone taking bets on the result for next week?
    I'd give it a 50/50 chance of being fixed now heh.

So hopeful!

I give it 10% chance of being fixed. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AckIes - Sanctuary
    AckIes - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Well, as LG's Event director, kinda low on ideas to keep people busy with no TW for 5 weeks now due to things we cannot control. That's five lands we could have gained. The whole map could have looked different by now. Thanks to Dan ATTACKING US QQ we get to TW this week, but Dan loses an attack on Vindicate that they might have wanted to pursue. It's safe to say of the 3 big TW factions, all are sympathetic to our problem by this point...

Maybe allow LG to Bid on two lands for five weeks, those extra attack TWs could be scheduled in the mornings.
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Maybe allow LG to Bid on two lands for five weeks, those extra attack TWs could be scheduled in the mornings.

that requires them to actually change tw system to compensate and from the look of their... fix to this situation its like they dont have access to it or it doesnt exist.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Bump.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • madsuzy2
    madsuzy2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Maybe Lg shouldn't kiss *** Rg or hide under their pants to do double attack or another thing maybe you should bidd higher than 100k so u'll get the tw 100%
  • Kleiron - Sanctuary
    Kleiron - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    madsuzy2 wrote: »
    Maybe Lg shouldn't kiss *** Rg or hide under their pants to do double attack or another thing maybe you should bidd higher than 100k so u'll get the tw 100%

the ability to read isnt a negative thing, you know... b:sad
  • PinkyMe - Sanctuary
    PinkyMe - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Bump....

Any news on this? b:puzzled Almost time for another bid...
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Just took a look at the TW bid before logging off and I saw no bid over the great lake. Which should mean that Leg is back in action and that the GM's faction used to override the bid didn't contract the phantom bid itself(unless it got disbanded).
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    However, 3 new phantom bids now appear on Regicide's lands of Broken Plains, Windswept Grasslands, and the Silk Ridge.

Need moar bids GM's.
  • AckIes - Sanctuary
    AckIes - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    However, 3 new phantom bids now appear on Regicide's lands of Broken Plains, Windswept Grasslands, and the Silk Ridge.

Need moar bids GM's.

>.> I'm afraid that will lead to moar glitched lands
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Let's have a map reset :D