Annoying issue for venos

Options
ResiaTri - Heavens Tear
ResiaTri - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Most of the time, I have no problems with venos, they are my favorite class, but, in the Wraith Swamp, I notice this one little minor issue, sometimes when I'm standing in the water, my pet stows itself....Now, honestly I don't think the pet should do that....it gets kind of annoying when you're in an aggressive monster infested area...at least let us keep pets/summons out when we're NOT swimming, because technically, we're still on the ground, even if we're just in a puddle.
Post edited by ResiaTri - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Stassi - Dreamweaver
    Stassi - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    This happens to me whenever I'm in the Valley of Disaster. It really is incredibly annoying. I seriously doubt they'll fix it, though. b:cry
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Day 1 bug, never will be fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ....oooh, i HATE the Swamp! its a pain for anyone, i think, but maybe a little less for we venos, actually, since we have our pets. (Mystics, how do your pets handle the water?) there are a few tricks to handling that problem

* find a piece of land where there are a number of the mobs you need, stay there and they will respawn in about the same spots.

* for mobs that insist on being in the water, hunt them with your air pet. the windwalking pig is great at this, especially if you have given her FR and Bash, and leveled those moves up as much as you can.

* for land mobs like the headles horsemen, i find my Dharma is great for luring them out of crowds of them. put away the Dharma and pull out your tank, nail that one, rinse and repeat.

Most of the time, I have no problems with venos, they are my favorite class, but, in the Wraith Swamp, I notice this one little minor issue, sometimes when I'm standing in the water, my pet stows itself....Now, honestly I don't think the pet should do that....it gets kind of annoying when you're in an aggressive monster infested area...at least let us keep pets/summons out when we're NOT swimming, because technically, we're still on the ground, even if we're just in a puddle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ^^Tried to quote didn't work

Mystic summons fair much better in these places since their summons can swim AND fly as well so there is never an auto un-summon issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    sometimes when I'm standing in the water, my pet stows itself....Now, honestly I don't think the pet should do that....it gets kind of annoying when you're in an aggressive monster infested area...at least let us keep pets/summons out when we're NOT swimming, because technically, we're still on the ground, even if we're just in a puddle.
    The simple solution to this is to use an air pet. This is one good reason to get a Nix. I had no problems whatsoever in that area because of that.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The simple solution to this is to use an air pet. This is one good reason to get a Nix. I had no problems whatsoever in that area because of that.

Easy for you to say. When I was in the level range for the swamp, neither Hercules nor the Phoenix existed in the game yet. I used my trusty Crystaline Magmite for anything and everything that wasn't flying.b:victory
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Easy for you to say. When I was in the level range for the swamp, neither Hercules nor the Phoenix existed in the game yet. I used my trusty Crystaline Magmite for anything and everything that wasn't flying.b:victory
    Lol, well we are talking about the game now... not 3 years ago.

Besides it can be done with an Air pet besides the Nix, just a bit slower.

Personally, I think Venos are really boring now compared to some of the other classes. I only pull it out to help my alts & friends.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Its not a bug.

The water depth varies. With a land pet you can walk around in shallow water, when you hit a slightly deeper patch, the land pet will stow as its not a swimmer.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Its only a problem really in the swamp. Once youre out of there you never need to worry about it again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ResiaTri - Heavens Tear
    ResiaTri - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I only stay on a patch of land and send my pet out, I figured out, as long as I'm standing on land, there's no issue, its just annoying to deal with in a high aggro area.
  • tfi3f
    tfi3f Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Our father who art in heaven.

Give us this day some common sense. And teach us how to lure mobs from the water onto dry land.
    Valhalla disband. That is all \o/

"The thing about winners is... they get to write the history books, and they get to analyze everything from high atop their winner's perch.

Doesn't matter what the circumstances are." -- Burnout, Harshlands, Wizard.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    funny..... i had no problem in the swamp....

if u HAVE to stand in the water, dont' walk into deeper parts.........

but ya seriously this is kinda stupid. happens to melees too, standing in ANKLE deep water cuts your dmg in half? reallly? Didnt' realize that water just up to my ankles would have that much of an effect..... b:surrender

Edit: that half dmg **** happens to mages too, happened on my alt cleric recently lol