BMs and the new R8 recast

2»

Comments

• T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Remember you also have the deadly HF. Even in private servers, I don't think that a +12 wizard can kill a full defense +12 BM by using gush + pyro alone. The wizard will need to either use instant channeling pot, one of the ultis, essential sutra, or spark, in order to bypass BM's huge hp and insane mdef after marrow. Same way, don't expect to kill a insanely good geared wiz only using your normal skills and hoping for zerk + crit. HF at the right moment is the only way to kill a premium wiz with 20k p.def.

HF in a 1v1 is almost the same as trip sparking. Your opponent will expel or AD or invul pot through it and you've wasted 2 sparks when a stunlock could have drawn the same response for less chi. The beauty of cc was demon glacial spike; your opponent really had to be on their toes to avoid that if it proc'd and if they did you weren't short chi to counter their response.
  • Genital_Wart - Harshlands
    Genital_Wart - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    On private servers you can drop fully geared Wizards without the use of HF, granted it's a pain to kill stunlock them. I'm not gonna deny that Seekers hit hard, but they have barely any stun resistance and their control skills are somewhat laughable. A Wizard will have a lower HP pool than a BM, even if they have good Pdef they'll still killable, it's just a matter of keeping them stunlocked which would still be possible. It'll be a real pain with Purify, but it's still doable.

But.. jeez.. Purify is just plain overkill.

Yeah you can by pounding them using 5.0 nirvana second cast fist without HF. But I'm talking about killing them without fist. I fought some wizards with 0 channeling, and I still survive their combos cuz I was using both magic rings +12. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    HF in a 1v1 is almost the same as trip sparking. Your opponent will expel or AD or invul pot through it and you've wasted 2 sparks when a stunlock could have drawn the same response for less chi. The beauty of cc was demon glacial spike; your opponent really had to be on their toes to avoid that if it proc'd and if they did you weren't short chi to counter their response.

I agree one shouldn't be using HF freely. It's situational but far from being completely useless. I only do it when I know their genie is in cooldown. Even if they use invul pot, I can use chi pot to gain the 2 sparks back...In that case we're even.

btw I thought you can't do cc anymore? I was sad the day when I found out about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yeah you can by pounding them using 5.0 nirvana second cast fist without HF. But I'm talking about killing them without fist. I fought some wizards with 0 channeling, and I still survive their combos cuz I was using both magic rings +12. :D

R9 axes would do the job quite nicely, especially if you took the time to learn your Demon axe skills. Zerking often and the occasional crit or zerk crit would outquit a lot of damage, even without HF.
    edited October 2011
    R9 axes would do the job quite nicely, especially if you took the time to learn your Demon axe skills. Zerking often and the occasional crit or zerk crit would outquit a lot of damage, even without HF.

I don't like the axe skills. Highland Cleave takes 2.4 seconds to cast, as opposed to tiger maw that takes only 0.9 seconds. The damage on Highland Cleve is not much greater tbh, only 100% weapon dmg + 1000 which is not worth the extra 1.5 seconds. Fissure is worse. I prefer spamming the smaller skills than using the big axe skills in 1v1. What do you think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I don't like the axe skills. Highland Cleave takes 2.4 seconds to cast, as opposed to tiger maw that takes only 0.9 seconds. The damage on Highland Cleve is not much greater tbh, only 100% weapon dmg + 1000 which is not worth the extra 1.5 seconds. Fissure is worse. I prefer spamming the smaller skills than using the big axe skills in 1v1. What do you think?

I tend to use Highland Cleave and Ocean's Edge a lot, since I use those in my stunlock. I don't make too much use of Fissure unless I need to slow them down or I'm AoEing a group of people. The bigger skills tend to pay off when you manage a zerk or especially a zerk crit.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Axes is about spike damage and a zerk crit with Cleave at near half HP is going to kill most AA/LA of equal gears. Idk where you are getting the +1000, demon version is +3233. Fissure is barely slower than Ocean and does more damage and it's AoE for killing fishes nearby. You are a BM, you need to get use to working AoEs into your combo instead of single target skills.
    edited October 2011
    Axes is about spike damage and a zerk crit with Cleave at near half HP is going to kill most AA/LA of equal gears. Idk where you are getting the +1000, demon version is +3233. Fissure is barely slower than Ocean and does more damage and it's AoE for killing fishes nearby. You are a BM, you need to get use to working AoEs into your combo instead of single target skills.

Thanks for your input. Sorry if I didn't make it clear. I was only talking about 1v1 tactics, since I'm not experience in group pvp to say anything about it. Also I meant that demon Highland Cleave does 100%+1000 more damage than demon tiger maw (base + 2000ish) if you do the subtraction. Say, if your weapon is 2500 base damage (that's for a +12 r9 axe), then Highland Cleave will do about 3500 damage more than tiger maw per hit, and uses 1.5 seconds more.

I now completely agree with your point about spike damage, and I think I was mistaken by discarding it completely in 1v1. So I came up with the rule of thumb for using Highland Cleave in 1v1: If the Highland Cleave does more than 1/8 of my opponents HP, then it's possible to zerk/crit kill him. Otherwise, that skill is inferior to other faster skills. Say if my opponent has 16k hp, and my highland cleave hits more than 2000 on him, then I'll use it for the possibility of bypassing his charm. Otherwise I prefer more DPS oriented skills.

So when I pvp in the future, I'll do the math before I do the fight. b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Just use AE blade higher damage with good axes and the cool downs short enough that its still open if they break your lock

That said mages already take all our geni energy and on average 1.7 sparks just to close on for a real lock, assuming 7 hits on the mage in 10 seconds with even a 10% proc... then its a 50/50 shot of lockign them 2x less than 10% at the 3rd stun then all your sparks are gone and the mage has cooled down kiteing skills and geni imunes, leaveign you boned with only 1 apo opn and no geni.

Been runnign sims on it % wise with a handy dandy spreadsheet and simply put theres no reason to ever pk on a bm again if that proc is even semi common

And thats not even going into the infinite proc on a psy constant heals + 50 chi per proc = fckered
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Question to all you pro Bms out there. I have been slowly leveling and farmimg for my 5aps bm (mainly NV stuff), then I read about the R8 recast and now I'm wondering what the impact will be.
    Can someone advise on what should I do? Do I forge the NV gears or wait till the r8 recast is launched? Will the recast r8 fist be a good option?

Thanks in advance for the replies b:pleased

Val

Aww... hi Val... miss you b:dirtyb:kissb:cry
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    considering I am not even rank 8 yet now i get to pick carefully :)

hm axe,pole,sword, oh my which shall it be since i already have Strike Dragons .....?

even the r8 fist got better Dd hmm..

pole? not bad at all

Sword? I miss it.

What should i pick?

idk but a Blademaster is a Blademaster thats just what we do , master weaponry, 4 weapon (5 if u use consider bows) paths, 4 weapon skill tree so much to weapons to choose b:dirty
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • SweetyGal - Lost City
    SweetyGal - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Quick Question. I'm lvl78 now. Must I get my Rank III gear seeing as I'm near 2500Rep, or do I get HH80 Axes and Fists or is the LA80 Axes and Fists better? Please advice. b:surrender
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    will 15% mdef set bonus help from getting one shot all the time in tw or is there still no hope for anything but rank 9
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i see it normal for them to open the entire range of weapons for BM`s as this is our job we should not be restrained, even in TW you can use 2 tipes of weapons, but only time will tell
  • superfeng
    superfeng Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    petition for them to let us buy all 4 weapons, everyone petition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    will 15% mdef set bonus help from getting one shot all the time in tw or is there still no hope for anything but rank 9

All extra defense becomes pointless once you have around 10k. It's all about defense levels.

But it doesn't necessarily mean rank 9 only. If you can get 3x reduce magic damage 2% on each piece. That's 24% reduction. Add in 2 rank 9 pieces and you basically have 34 defense levels against magic, compared to only 20 with full r9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]