New Way of Pking Check this out Admins/Mods

Deaths$in - Sanctuary
Deaths$in - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
I think PWI should just write some code that will let players that are pking only attack other players that are within 20 lvls of them.
For Example: a lvl 60 could only attack a person lvl 40-80
This way you don't have a lvl 100 killing a lvl 50 for no reason when the lvl 50 is trying to pk people his lvl.
This would also open up pking for lower lvls rather than it just being a high lvl thing.
I think this idea would benefit the game as a whole because you'd then have an incentive to go pking at a low lvl. I know for a fact that I don't pk on a low char lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please give your thoughts and also vote in the Poll.
MOD/ADMIN, please don't move this because its not a suggestion. It's a place to gather ideas for a suggestion. PLEASE just read this "thought". General Discussion states that this is the place to talk about anything and everything that is PWI
General Discussion

- From Spiritual Cultivation to Territory Occupation. This is the forum for anything Perfect World related.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another way I thought of this would be like this? What do you think?

lvl 100-105 can only attack people lvl 100-105

lvl 90-99 can only attack people lvl 80-99

lvl 80-89 can only attack people lvl 70-99

lvl 70-79 can only attack people lvl 60-89

lvl 60-69 can only attack people lvl 50-79

lvl 50-59 can only attack people lvl 40-69

lvl 40-49 can only attack people lvl 30-59

lvl 30-39 can only attack people lvl 20-49

lvl 20-29 can only attack people lvl 20-39

Does this make more sense as a method of pking?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Deaths$in - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Fulcanelli - Raging Tide
    Fulcanelli - Raging Tide Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Sounds like a great idea.

Too bad that when a mod comes by it's gonna move this thread to oblivion... I mean... the suggestion box.

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It is a idea from other MMORPGs. I imagine that if they were going to do something like this they would have already given some of the competition has this in place.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    A level 105 killing a 85 is as fair as a level 105 killing a level 31, both had no chance.

This restriction take away your freedom to help your lowlevel friends that are ganked over while leveling and you can just sit and watch. No thanks. I dont see the advantages that such a restriction would offer but i see lots of ways to abuse and exploit it to annoy people.
    I hate Room 38
  • Deaths$in - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    A level 105 killing a 85 is as fair as a level 105 killing a level 31, both had no chance.

This restriction take away your freedom to help your lowlevel friends that are ganked over while leveling and you can just sit and watch. No thanks. I dont see the advantages that such a restriction would offer but i see lots of ways to abuse and exploit it to annoy people.

How can you not see the advantages of this? First problem it would solve is low lvls getting pked in SP.

Also, if your low lvl friend gets ganked, get on your low lvl thats within 20 lvls of him and gank them.

What ways are you thinking about that would be used to abuse this and use it to annoy people? I'm not following what you mean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deaths$in - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011

lvl 100-105 can only attack people lvl 100-105

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    "Admins/Mods" have no say in how the game is implemented. If you want your idea to be heard you have to learn Chinese and book a flight to Beijing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Deaths$in - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    "Admins/Mods" have no say in how the game is implemented. If you want your idea to be heard you have to learn Chinese and book a flight to Beijing.

haha if you want to donate Rosetta Stone then hell yeah haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited October 2011

lvl 100-105 can only attack people lvl 95-105

People 95-99 would be able to get killed by 100+ but wouldn't be able to attack them?
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • Deaths$in - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    People 95-99 would be able to get killed by 100+ but wouldn't be able to attack them?

Thanks for catching my mistake lol I fixed it. Whats your thoughts btw?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Ive got a great idea. Stop standing outside West Gate, Silver Pool or Hidden Orchid and crying about being killed. I know you're in one of these spots, because pvp doesnt happen anywhere else. Dead world map is dead.
  • Deaths$in - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Ive got a great idea. Stop standing outside West Gate, Silver Pool or Hidden Orchid and crying about being killed. I know you're in one of these spots, because pvp doesnt happen anywhere else. Dead world map is dead.

No I'm not lol, I know people on pk at those places, but with the way I'm thinking of it, It will open up pking for all lvls because they won't have to worry about getting owned by someone that is an extremely high lvl. They'll be able to pk within their range. This would open up the whole world for pking and wouldn't just be in certain spots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    terrible idea, if this is true, my pk ranking will drop at least 50 spots
  • Spherical - Lost City
    Spherical - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Don't want to die to a 10x? Roll on a PvE server and qq about dying in SP questing.
    Sins are Scissors, Psychics are Rocks, and Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.

Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock ...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE.
  • Deaths$in - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    terrible idea, if this is true, my pk ranking will drop at least 50 spots

Thats because you suck at pking people your own lvl. You have to go and pk lower lvls than you because you suck that much that you can't even go against people your own lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Did you know underlining whole sentences and using so many colours makes your post hard to read?
    Oh and btw, the developers have all say in this. Mods and GMs here can't do anything programming related.

I do kill low levels sometimes. When they try to grief other people doing a boss/questing in SP. Tbh I don't give a flower which level they are lol

Why are you QQing about PK on a PVE server anyway... b:tired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Deaths$in - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Did you know underlining whole sentences and using so many colours makes your post hard to read?
    Oh and btw, the developers have all say in this. Mods and GMs here can't do anything programming related.

I do kill low levels sometimes. When they try to grief other people doing a boss/questing in SP. Tbh I don't give a flower which level they are lol

Why are you QQing about PK on a PVE server anyway... b:tired

trying to improve the game is a bad thing? doesn't matter what server i'm on. People pk on every server. sorry about the many colors lol I never thought it would be hard to read
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    NO>NO> and again NO!!

the system we had, of PvP servers and PvE servers is just fine. only lazy deves who wont get off their butts to fix the SP has caused this problem. until they get off their thumbs and fix it, there will continue to be a problem.

this is the biggest mess since the Horn debacle, but even that was only an annoyance. the killers living in the SP, who have no damn business there, this is something that PWE has NO good excuse to have fudged around for so long.

there is no reason for PWE to be waiting to fix this, unless it thinks it can wring some more money out of players. guess what? you are losing players. i know more and more people who are moving out, and going to pservers or other games, or just saying the hell with online games which are becoming all 'Free To Play,Pay To Win", and going back to console games or PC games. how do i know? friends have told me, said good bye, and are gone. it wont be long before i am pushed to that myself. it hurts too much t lose my friends here. because of my disabilities, my bad health has me housebound, with no RL friends, who are all busy going places with their families,while im trapped by my health here at home. this game has been, till recently, my personal 'perfect world', my home, with friends i had known from the beginning of the game. now nearly all of them are gone, sick and tired of the stupid things happening here.

.......please, fix things??

I think PWI should just write some code that will let players that are pking only attack other players that are within 20 lvls of them.
    For Example: a lvl 60 could only attack a person lvl 40-80
    This way you don't have a lvl 100 killing a lvl 50 for no reason when the lvl 50 is trying to pk people his lvl.
    This would also open up pking for lower lvls rather than it just being a high lvl thing.
    I think this idea would benefit the game as a whole because you'd then have an incentive to go pking at a low lvl. I know for a fact that I don't pk on a low char lol.
    Please give your thoughts and also vote in the Poll.
    MOD/ADMIN, please don't move this because its not a suggestion. It's a place to gather ideas for a suggestion. PLEASE just read this "thought". General Discussion states that this is the place to talk about anything and everything that is PWI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Maybe they should just, uh, copy Blizzard's PVP implementation? It ****ing WORKS, it's FUN, it's freaking PACKED even on low population servers, and for people like FoxRunning, if you don't ever want to do PVP, you don't have to do it.

Eff it, I'm going back to blizzard's MMO next month.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Why not levels, lets make it, r9's can only kill r9's :)

Lol that would **** so many r9's off hehe, at least everyone wouldn't get ****ed each time they leave a sz tho...
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    None of this takes into account that some players like me, are not interested in PvP no matter how much fun you and others think it is.

Please dont tell me, I dont know what I am missing after 25years + of gaming.

Dont we have the right to play pure PvE on a PvE server or dont we have the equal rights to you and play the game the way we choose to play.

I have spent nearly 2 years building my char for PvE, have set my chars attributes with this mind, made and bought gear, selected sage over demon, and even set my genie skills all with PvE in mind my char was never never ment for PvP.

Why dont you suggest something really stupid, like painting a bullseye on bluenamed chars like mine too.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • SharkAngel - Heavens Tear
    SharkAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Erm...while the SP PKing issue is a big deal, why are people limiting the suggestion's focus to that one problem?

I think its a good idea, though I doubt the devs would do it...at the very least, it would keep the threat of being killed by a (somewhat) higher level around, but prevent said high levels from picking off just any target to step out of SZ (or go PK mode for PvE servers).

Who knows, maybe it would open up the possibilities of lower level PK...though the pickings would still be slim for the 40-60/70 range since so many are P.leveling through thatb:chuckle

EDIT: Oh, and one other thing - PK mode at lv 30-39 should be 30 - 49, seeing as how PK mode is only enabled on both server types at 30.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • George_Bush - Harshlands
    George_Bush - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I think it's a cool idea actually. Here is why:

PVP fun shouldn't be exclusive for endgamers with OP gears. What if a low level, when bored with monotonous leveling one day, wants to have some fun in pking? Aren't you nostalgic to the old days when you can get a red name even at level 50? (I even knew someone who had red name at lvl 30, but obviously that wasn't a good idea.)

My first char was a wiz in harshland, and I remember pking with low level friends around dusk town. Twas so much fun. So if the level cap for pk is implemented, everyone will be able to have some fun in pk, not just for endgamers with OP gears.
  • leiron026
    leiron026 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ok and let the alt lvl 80 veno purge a lvl 100-105 freely
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    no this is bad idea. bigger fishes suposed to eat smaler ones. thats how entire sea works. if you brake balance of sea, sea will become to one big, dead, ugly pool of sh**. dont do that. you may run away from predator, you may not, but without predator it isn't fun. and reason everyone lvling up is to be able to f*** and r*pe noober players.
  • Genital_Wart - Harshlands
    Genital_Wart - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I suggest only implementing this level cap at specific areas. Maybe an arena for us? lol just saying, i know that'll never happen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Never gonna happen.

Not because the programmers/developers are too lazy/have other priorities, but because a majority of the people who play on PvP servers are there for the express purpose of ganking anything that moves.

There will be players who will claim they're here for honest combat, the usual crowd that jeer "L0L, re-roll PvE n00b", but the majority of the players that roll PvP are there to kill anything they can find, until they tire of easy pickin's and start looking for bigger players to fight. But not to worry, there will always be another 3 newbies that powerlvl up and start farming lvl 3x outside the west/north gates and around Orchid Temple.

If there's one thing PWI has proven to me over these last 3 years, is that they will always cater to the lowest common denominator. And if the majority of newbies want to gank other newbies, who are they to ignore that? And if you buy X Zen today, you can level faster so you can spend XX zen and buy r8-r9, and *really* gank anything that moves.

I understand the idea, and I agree, but I'm afraid it stands no chance in hell of even being considered here.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This is a discussion about a suggestion, it should be moved. I voted that it would never be implemented anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elemental_w - Heavens Tear
    Elemental_w - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Dumbest idea I've ever heard. PvP is a mode entered by ANY player, and that player should know they should fear the higher ups, its all their choice to enter anyways (On a PvE server) On a PvP server, I still think the idea is stupid because they chose to play on a PvP server in the first place. b:chuckle If you don't wanna die on a PvE server, don't go into PvP mode. If you die and QQ on a PvP server, well, thats your fault.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Dumbest idea I've ever heard. PvP is a mode entered by ANY player, and that player should know they should fear the higher ups, its all their choice to enter anyways (On a PvE server) On a PvP server, I still think the idea is stupid because they chose to play on a PvP server in the first place. b:chuckle If you don't wanna die on a PvE server, don't go into PvP mode. If you die and QQ on a PvP server, well, thats your fault.

And this might be why PVP is dying on the PVP servers... No one signs up to be target practice. The developers need to do something before this game gets shut down as the player base keeps bleeding to other games. I dont think a simple answer like adding a new instance (other then maybe a well developed PVP playground) would help keep the end game players happy.

And if the blunder in SP isnt fixed soon... PWE will have to PAY new players to join.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I think it's a cool idea actually. Here is why:

PVP fun shouldn't be exclusive for endgamers with OP gears. What if a low level, when bored with monotonous leveling one day, wants to have some fun in pking? Aren't you nostalgic to the old days when you can get a red name even at level 50? (I even knew someone who had red name at lvl 30, but obviously that wasn't a good idea.)

My first char was a wiz in harshland, and I remember pking with low level friends around dusk town. Twas so much fun. So if the level cap for pk is implemented, everyone will be able to have some fun in pk, not just for endgamers with OP gears.

The only reason PK on PvP servers is all endgame now is because there are no new players.

Low level PK used to be all over the map in 2009 and 2010.

And lol @ the fact you think things will actually change here, or that there are any real programmers left at PWE.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.