DBB still worth it?

stealthxbomber
stealthxbomber Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Blademaster
talking mainly about demon version and in pvp after a chi siphon or something.
Post edited by stealthxbomber on

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I still use it on BM who Marrowed. You just need abut 250-270 Chi to work it in a stunlock combo with Occult Ice. I haven't really paid enough attention to compare it to dropping a DG instead.
  • Genital_Wart - Harshlands
    Genital_Wart - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The fire damage lasts 6 seconds more than demon HF and takes 0.3 sec less time to cast. And also it's less noticeable than a OMFG HF, so less likely your opponent will use AD. So my opinion is that it's still good against players with low resistance to magic without glitching it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X\_Tegus_/X - Harshlands
    X\_Tegus_/X - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Do not use chi siphon lol , its cloud eruption u want if ur talkin chi skills but ya . I have DBB lvld and tested it but i find i fight too much of a chi conservative style to even wanna attempt it. Meanwhile , everyone else i fight seems to like to blow their sparks almost immediately and then i **** them over by leaping out or stunning wutever ( depending on class). Personally in my case i dont have enough base aps for it to be super effective yet I feel. I was thinking of adding the genie skill ''Spark'' on my genie also to lower enemy fire resistance but not enough room to fit on my genie ill probably end up testing it later on a test genie if no one else has already.
  • Genital_Wart - Harshlands
    Genital_Wart - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I take my words back. I don't think that DBB alone is superior to demon HF. The only time I would use it is in combination of demon HF. But that'll cost a ton of chi, and if your opponent uses expel or AD, then it's GG. So no in general, unless you have chi pot... God I miss CC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Ehh, if you face some of the 20K hp + self buffed BMs or 40k hp + barbs here that are R9 +12 you're gonna need triple spark + Tangling Mire to even have a chance to shave away 20K-40K HP in 10 seconds of charm tick.

If you have the chi, I'd rather use a deathriver toxin wood apoth as it lasts a full 2 minutes with about 50% increased weapon damage or so. It's not as strong as DBB but you may as well save your sparks for triple spark and Tangling Mire. Even if they AD, your spark lasts 15 seconds, immune damage lasts 4, and immune stun is 6. You may as well use them as a chi bag to re-gain chi until they are lock-able again.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • stealthxbomber
    stealthxbomber Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Ehh, if you face some of the 20K hp + self buffed BMs or 40k hp + barbs here that are R9 +12 you're gonna need triple spark + Tangling Mire to even have a chance to shave away 20K-40K HP in 10 seconds of charm tick.

If you have the chi, I'd rather use a deathriver toxin wood apoth as it lasts a full 2 minutes with about 50% increased weapon damage or so. It's not as strong as DBB but you may as well save your sparks for triple spark and Tangling Mire. Even if they AD, your spark lasts 15 seconds, immune damage lasts 4, and immune stun is 6. You may as well use them as a chi bag to re-gain chi until they are lock-able again.

Already do use wood apoth b:laugh. But during an AD most people will still move around until my spark is over, leaving me unable to regain chi.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The $ I spent on demon CC skills is probably my biggest regret on this bm
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Already do use wood apoth b:laugh. But during an AD most people will still move around until my spark is over, leaving me unable to regain chi.

Which proves how futile it is to do 1v1 against a competent r9 barb and bm since CC was removed lol, I wouldn't even try it. There pretty much is no way you can kill a competent one other than with epic lucky triple spark and their AD is in cooldown.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I only got +8 R9 armor with G8 cits and +12 fists pretty much can only, at the most, tick me if I got my DEX genie on. My +10 TT100 hits self buffed R9 BM with jades for 100-150... yeah...
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Forget about the barbs. Let the mages do it. We just stun and HF.