5 Atk lvl vs 10 def level

Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Wizard
I'm stuck in rather serious choice.

I'm working with 55 defense levels and 38 attack levels (both of these are without blessings and buffs)

Now I need a new helmet and cape.

I can either get HH nirvana cape and helmet for 10 more defense levels OR I can get CV nirvana cape and helmet for 5 more attack levels. Above I already considered sharding them (JoSD) with 4 sockets (which I will do).

So what do you guys think?
Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
Post edited by Mizuoni - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    u have a "new" wizard on lost city?
    i like potato
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    u have a "new" wizard on lost city?

lolno, my psy is on LC :o
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Fulcanelli - Raging Tide
    Fulcanelli - Raging Tide Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    don't be a ***** go for attack! b:angry

EDIT: pu.ssy is a bad word?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    more pew pew is always nice.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited October 2011

I can either get HH nirvana cape and helmet for 10 more defense levels OR I can get CV nirvana cape and helmet for 5 more attack levels.

Since you can somewhat adjust attack and defense levels now with omalley blessing, I don't know why anyone would ever really pick 5 attack levels vs twice as many defense levels. I mean, if it were 5 attack levels vs 5 defense levels, maybe I could see the quandry. But 5 attack levels vs 10 defense levels? What would you rather have sitting in your bank right now? 5 tigers or 5 jades?

If its the same cost, defense levels all the way. Then, if you want more attack levels, swap out some of those jades you were planning on using for tigers and pocket the extra coin.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Since you can somewhat adjust attack and defense levels now with omalley blessing, I don't know why anyone would ever really pick 5 attack levels vs twice as many defense levels. I mean, if it were 5 attack levels vs 5 defense levels, maybe I could see the quandry. But 5 attack levels vs 10 defense levels? What would you rather have sitting in your bank right now? 5 tigers or 5 jades?

If its the same cost, defense levels all the way. Then, if you want more attack levels, swap out some of those jades you were planning on using for tigers and pocket the extra coin.

I was actually considering this.

My main dilemma is that the 10 defense level with full JoSD will give me r9 defense level and the attack levels + JJB will put me over the defense level of r9s.

Its HH vs CV, so HH is easier to farm. I guess I will get the 10 defense levels and shard DoT. Saving about 50mil or so.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Saving about 50mil or so.

Saving 50m sounds nice.

Not sure what prices are on your server, but on mine

5 tigers x 9m each = 45m

5 jade x 65m each = 325m

So you are really saving 280m.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Saving 50m sounds nice.

Not sure what prices are on your server, but on mine

5 tigers x 9m each = 45m

5 jade x 65m each = 325m

So you are really saving 280m.

Tigers are 10mil ish
    Jades go for about 20-30mil
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Jades cost 90-100m on Sanc lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Tigers are 10mil ish
    Jades go for about 20-30mil

What's with DW economy? oO Jades on LC are similar to Sanctuary prices...
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    What's with DW economy? oO Jades on LC are similar to Sanctuary prices...

No idea. I've seen several Jades go for 20-30mil while the vit stones are like 40 mil...
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    No idea. I've seen several Jades go for 20-30mil while the vit stones are like 40 mil...

WTB server transfer stone
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Seems like people on DW are still mostly dumb... (not you two Miz and Hex, I love you <3)

"Oh look I got two alternatives. The better one for a cheaper price and the worse for more coins. I take the worse because then people will admire me saying 'Wow, you got sooo much HP'. After all defense level does not show in the squad menu. And since I am on a PvE server it doesn't matter too much anyway." Not that current PvP servers are any better tho...
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
This discussion has been closed.