Why we getting these Localization Changes?

Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Why we getting these USELESS patches? Frankie said, that patches will come in one big patch. So why we still getting this useless ****? It looks like these patches are made by GM just for some maintenance without real purpose. All maintenance is about renaming mobs.b:angryb:angry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mumintroll - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Translation is the only thing that PWI developers are capable of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Kweer - Sanctuary
    Kweer - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I find it humorous that it takes 3 years for this company to 'translate' and change mob names.

How many 'localization' patches have we had in the past 3 years? PWE - the laughing stock of North American gaming companies.
    b:nosebleed ಥ_ಥ PWI Follower since Jan '08 ಥ_ಥ b:nosebleed
    RisenPhoenix - 100 - Demon- Cleric - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - 100 Barbarian - Sage - Sanctuary
    Nakhtuul - 100 Blademaster - Demon - Archosaur
    Nakhtuul - 8x Seeker - Sage - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - 100 Archer - Demon - Archosaur
    /\pollo - 7x Cleric - Future Sage - Sanctuary
    Kweer - 7x Assassin - Future Demon - Sanctuary
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I find it humorous that it takes 3 years for this company to 'translate' and change mob names.

How many 'localization' patches have we had in the past 3 years? PWE - the laughing stock of North American gaming companies.

At the rate they're going it will be 10 years until this game is fully translated
  • Blueblade__ - Archosaur
    Blueblade__ - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2011

yeah and ur one of the MAJOR laughing stocks who play such laughing stock games and call them that.

I think pwi is a great game.
  • Attempted - Harshlands
    Attempted - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2011

b:laugh I beg to differ bro, Nexon is the biggest laughing stock of North American gaming companies, At least I think their in northern america b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Look here, we all in
    Everyone is a target
    Teetering on insanity, reasonin' with the heartless
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I found an NPC in Archosaur with a misspelled word in the text it gives, I suggest we have emergency maintenance for this because it may very well cause client crashes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    b:laugh I beg to differ bro, Nexon is the biggest laughing stock of North American gaming companies, At least I think their in northern america b:shutup

I could not agree more, they break their games more than they fix it. Though I can't call it fixing since they always end up breaking something that wasen't broken.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    yeah and ur one of the MAJOR laughing stocks who play such laughing stock games and call them that.

I think pwi is a great game.

yOU"RE ONLY LVL 76. YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR LIKE 1 WEEK. NO WONDER YOU STILL THINK PWI COMPANY IS ACTUALLY DECENT. LMAO!

LMAO!

LMAO!

(you just got pwned by the lvl 46 who already realizes how badly managed this is).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Lawlass_war - Heavens Tear
    Lawlass_war - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2011

i thought PWE was Chinese O_o
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i thought PWE was Chinese O_o

Think he meant PWI
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Meh, recently helped on those culti boss. Only reason they are getting name update is because the recent expansion shrunked the box used to display mob/boss info and their name was too long to fit anymore........
  • Kweer - Sanctuary
    Kweer - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    PWE is the company located in CA that is leasing the title rights to this game from Perfect World Bejing, where the game and all of its wondrous content comes from....
    b:nosebleed ಥ_ಥ PWI Follower since Jan '08 ಥ_ಥ b:nosebleed
    RisenPhoenix - 100 - Demon- Cleric - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - 100 Barbarian - Sage - Sanctuary
    Nakhtuul - 100 Blademaster - Demon - Archosaur
    Nakhtuul - 8x Seeker - Sage - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - 100 Archer - Demon - Archosaur
    /\pollo - 7x Cleric - Future Sage - Sanctuary
    Kweer - 7x Assassin - Future Demon - Sanctuary
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Localization Changes = There's new content coming.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I'm about to shove these localization changes up PWI's *** if next week is another x-box gaming night instead of maintenance/content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Why we getting these USELESS patches? Frankie said, that patches will come in one big patch. So why we still getting this useless ****? It looks like these patches are made by GM just for some maintenance without real purpose. All maintenance is about renaming mobs.b:angryb:angry

All patches are important!

Seriously though, the patch you seek is coming s.. uh, before long b:victory
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    these are just as bloody stupid as the changing back the name of the Dharma/Kowlin....which Frankie said they would fix, and didnt.

why bother believing PWE when it says it will fix something...they never will.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2011

b:laugh Nice catch
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    these are just as bloody stupid as the changing back the name of the Dharma/Kowlin....which Frankie said they would fix, and didnt.

why bother believing PWE when it says it will fix something...they never will.

Your Kowlin change was requested and it'll be changed in the future, but hasn't been listed as a super-high priority, so it'll just take a little while.

Thanks.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2011

>.> i see what you did there. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Your Kowlin change was requested and it'll be changed in the future, but hasn't been listed as a super-high priority, so it'll just take a little while.

Thanks.

Is it really that hard to open elements.data and change one line of text? o.O
  • Kirstiein - Sanctuary
    Kirstiein - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Of course it is, that would require ACTUAL work. Geez get with the program, who actually works now? lol
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    yOU"RE ONLY LVL 76. YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR LIKE 1 WEEK. NO WONDER YOU STILL THINK PWI COMPANY IS ACTUALLY DECENT. LMAO!

LMAO!

LMAO!

(you just got pwned by the lvl 46 who already realizes how badly managed this is).
    <----Played since The lost Empire expansion

Yeah yeah, assume I've played this char every day for the past 3 years and call me incompetent, blah blah blah.

My point is, you need to stop stereotyping by level, brah. Your subjective opinion is that PWI is crappy. That's fine. Just don't shove it down someone else's throat. Though if you want to continue looking like a 10-year-old that grabbed his parents' computer and started trolling, be my guest.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Thanks.

A serious question and I hope you go and ask if you don't know this. What are PWI employees allowed to actually change in the game. It seems the localization is something you guys do, but what else? Is EVERYTHING else only allowed to be done by china (and / or needing china's permission)?
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Fulcanelli - Raging Tide
    Fulcanelli - Raging Tide Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2011

b:laughb:laugh

you have a sense of humor, I'll give you that b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Interestingly, the localization this time was just a roundabout way to deal with the GUI being for Chinese characters and not ours. For example, my quest log on my cleric still wants me to kill the Kashu the Hirudini Myriadept and Fugma the Hexocelot Commander.

Instead of that, they could've:
    1. Not change the GUI in the first place
    2. Make sure the GUI fits our characters from the start

But hey, if they did that, then they couldn't excuse themselves for nothing anything at all week after week.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    PWE is the company located in CA that is leasing the title rights to this game from Perfect World Bejing, where the game and all of its wondrous content comes from....

fundamentally incorrect. "Perfect World Entertainment - California Offices" is the United States Headquarters for the company that is owned and run by the International Offices at Beijing, China. The Company name as a whole however is Perfect World Entertainment regardless of where it is being headquartered on a localized basis.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited October 2011

For them it is.... and that's kinda sad to be honest.

Thanks.

So wait, you can change the TEXT lines for a quest .... mob names... but you have to wait for the devs in china to change the line that says Guan Ha or w/e? Seriously?????????? You couldn't have take 2 more minutes to change that line this week with the other 3 mobs that really DIDN"T need that done?

I mean c'mon.... who looks at the names of THOSE mobs anymore? every bloody person playing (or those killing it for the newbies) knows which one's which.

On another note.. i thought they fixed that till this was brought up in another thread.... lol I never look at my pet's names on the hotbar..... jsut the icons/faces.

Btw frankie... you know what you COULD fix on the Hud? If a mob has increased resisistence or whatever boost (or nerf)... it COVERS up the mob's buffs/debuffs and they're really hard to see somethimes >.<
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Interestingly, the localization this time was just a roundabout way to deal with the GUI being for Chinese characters and not ours. For example, my quest log on my cleric still wants me to kill the Kashu the Hirudini Myriadept and Fugma the Hexocelot Commander.

Instead of that, they could've:
    1. Not change the GUI in the first place
    2. Make sure the GUI fits our characters from the start

But hey, if they did that, then they couldn't excuse themselves for nothing anything at all week after week.
    Are you sure you ran the game via the launcher and not the elementclient.exe?

As for your assertions, different clients have different UI customizations related to their native language. If you ever check out the German or French game clients, you'd notice subtle changes to accommodate their languages (German in particular).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    genotypist wrote: »
    Are you sure you ran the game via the launcher and not the elementclient.exe?

As for your assertions, different clients have different UI customizations related to their native language. If you ever check out the German or French game clients, you'd notice subtle changes to accommodate their languages (German in particular).
    A serious question and I hope you go and ask if you don't know this. What are PWI employees allowed to actually change in the game. It seems the localization is something you guys do, but what else? Is EVERYTHING else only allowed to be done by china (and / or needing china's permission)?

since I don't know if frankie saw it or can answer would I be able to get an answer from you geno D:
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    @ Traz:

About your query regarding localisation.

Obviously this isn't a direct answer from the PWI geezers but I remember coming across this whilst noseying about the Jade Dynasty forums:

JD The Wanmei Interviews Pt 1
    GT What do you do in Perfect World Beijing?
    Z I translate from Chinese to English for all of Perfect Worlds games, including JD, PWI, BOI, and more. 8 months ago, I was given the opportunity to, in addition to translating, localize my favorite game: Jade Dynasty!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]