Minor Translations patch?

Vitenka - Dreamweaver
Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Anyone have any information about un-announced changes they've found yet?

And I guess I shouldn't complain that this is yet another patch without the highly anticipated and promised gameplay fixes (such as secret-passage), since doing so gets threads closed.
Post edited by Vitenka - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Anyone have any information about un-announced changes they've found yet?

And I guess I shouldn't complain that this is yet another patch without the highly anticipated and promised gameplay fixes (such as secret-passage), since doing so gets threads closed.
    This is what I found:
    Update: Just wanted to be up front with you all and set a realistic expectation-

The way that we get content from China is that, instead of giving us one new thing every week or two, they wait a few weeks and then give us a bigger patch with multiple things. Doing it this way makes it easier to test and ensures a more stable client for us.

For this reason, the reversion to Secret Passage will come to us as part of one of these "content-bundles". What this means is that we will not be receiving it next week, and probably not the following week either. The patch with the reversion should be in our version in 3-4 weeks, along with some other cool new content.

So yeah, I'm sorry it has to take this long, but just know that it's on its way, and will be here within the above time-frame.

Thanks all, and let me know if you have any further questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This is what I found:

That quote was from like 5 weeks ago...so that quote no longer applies because it's false. The patch will come when pwe china people feel like giving it to us, which could be another month from now at this point.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The last actual change we had was Ring Engraving like 2 months ago. There have only been minor translation stuff since then.

They used to make small content changes as they were happening in PW-CN but now I dunno wtf they are doing. Bundling up everything into a giant patch is a pain for testing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Bundling up everything into a giant patch is a pain for testing.
    Nah, it's much easier to not test one big patch than 5 smaller patches, you only have to pretend that you're doing work once.
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The only thing they test is if the patch will **** things up or not. If they could actually handle bugs that came down from the patches they get they would be able to flip the little trigger that controls pk and and flying in an instance no problem.

Bigger patches just means if something goes wrong the chinese devs are able to localize the source of the issues easier than a rapid serious of smaller patches so they can fix them for pwi.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Bigger patches just means if something goes wrong the chinese devs are able to localize the source of the issues easier than a rapid serious of smaller patches so they can fix them for pwi.

Do you even know what your talking about or are you trolling?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Any bets of which will come sooner... Snow men or Fix to SP?

And if snow men come first how many people will be left to play PWI?
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I like Snowmen b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    Any bets of which will come sooner... Snow men or Fix to SP?

And if snow men come first how many people will be left to play PWI?

If that's the case, I'll be slaying dragons in Skyrimb:cute
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It took them months to add ring engraving. The moment I heard about the feature, I knew it would be "spend a ton of resources to add some random stat to the ring, but oh to make it interesting we add useless stuff like MP and evasion."

BTW this is really just another 5-minute piece of code to drive sales of packs. The fact that an FAQ exists for this feature is abominable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.