Light/robe mix or vit AA?

LilBlue - Raging Tide
LilBlue - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2011 in Venomancer
I'm re-rolling a veno. I had a veno on the LC server and she was mostly pure magic and my good friend said she doesn't remember my veno dying too much and she said my veno was over all pretty good but my veno's stats where everywhere. And so I want to make sure I'm making a good veno this time. So should I make my veno light/robe mix or a vit aa.

I started to do the vit aa veno, but then I talked with a higher level veno and she/he said that a light/robe mix would be better for me.

I'm just confused on what to do. If I do deiced to go light/robe mix then what stats should I do? Should I just do 1 str 1 dex and 3 mag or do something else? And how do light/robe mix venos handle in pvp and pve? What about vit aa venos? How do they also handle pvp and pve?

I'm not sure if I made sense, but I hope I got my question across.

Please and thank you b:pleased
Post edited by LilBlue - Raging Tide on

Comments

• ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Im pretty sure you wont be winning very much pvp nowadays, but for pve you will be king... err queen of pve, just make sure you use the glacial walker or golum, and its best to stick with Arcane, you really dont want to tank much as a veno so yeah let that pet take all the hits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • Tabbycat - Harshlands
    Tabbycat - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    hiyah ^^

Im a la/aa veno.I do fairly well in the normal tasks of venos even tho i kinda run out of mana sorts fast lol. But hey chugging a herb every now and then fixes that. yes the build for a la veno is 1 str 1 dex and 3 mag. Occcasionally throw a vit in there if u would like. But as you can see in my response below, a vit aa and a la/aa is about the same.

"Now as much as i enjoyed being la, i was still unsatisfied over the slight elemental defense she had. Thats when i decided to do an la/aa build on her. (heres the link of what my veno currently has if u would like to see it: http://pwcalc.com/c934f5d536b970ae) Ofc ppl are going to comment that she has low attk power, but to tell the truth she has about the same attk power as an vit veno. Heres how i would build my vit veno if i had one: http://pwcalc.com/da42cc9ab0f2d413.

I know it might not look like much now, but when she gets to the 100s and wears tt99 her attk power will increase as well as her hp, crit rate and just about everything else.
    For example: http://pwcalc.com/fe40a43528825438
    That is my current plan for my la/aa veno. I luv the build and sure it might look expensive but thats why im saving up now. I plan on running tt til i know how to do it in my sleep and grinding all month long while 2x drops/exp/spirit is going on."

My veno does pretty well in pvp but with all the r9s on my server pvp isnt exactly the best right now XD....

My advice is to talk to some la/aa venos and vit venos on ur server and check whats best for u ^^.
    Im a pretty veno
    Short and sexy
    here is my tail
    and my ears are pointy
    When i get all pissed off
    hear me shout,
    Ill **** ur **** up and knock you out b:pleased
  • tfi3f
    tfi3f Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011

I started to do the vit aa veno, but then I talked with a higher level veno and she/he said that a light/robe mix would be better for me.

Don't talk to that high level ever again, please. Blacklist her/him if necessary, talking to that person is detrimental to your character.
    Valhalla disband. That is all \o/

"The thing about winners is... they get to write the history books, and they get to analyze everything from high atop their winner's perch.

Doesn't matter what the circumstances are." -- Burnout, Harshlands, Wizard.
  • taratulip
    taratulip Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    make a choice... do you want to kill monsters before they get to you, or take a hit? This is what matters.

it all boils down to that.. if you want to be able to take hits.. your magic will suffer (you will hit for less damage) but, you can take more hits. If you want to kill things before they get to you, go arcane.

The only other choice is to go Heavy/arcane... which is not for the faint.
  • SiR_PaYoNg_ - Dreamweaver
    SiR_PaYoNg_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    taratulip wrote: »
    make a choice... do you want to kill monsters before they get to you, or take a hit? This is what matters.

it all boils down to that.. if you want to be able to take hits.. your magic will suffer (you will hit for less damage) but, you can take more hits. If you want to kill things before they get to you, go arcane.

The only other choice is to go Heavy/arcane... which is not for the faint.

im agree 300% with this post...coz im full sage caster veno..b:victory
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    My opinion based on my own experience figuring out my build.

If your focus is more PVE, then full magic with pdef ornaments and sharding a mix of HP and pdef gives decent survivability. If you find your HP isn't enough then you can move some points to vit.

But if your focus is TW then I recommend either full-vit (sharding full pdef and getting gear with pdef and vit/HP adds), or HA (and HA/AA mix). Mainly because is gives much better survivability in TW, allowing you to get in there and do your job of purging and debuffing cata barbs and high profile targets. I went full-vit over HA mainly because I didn't want to bother figuring out all the gear combinations to make HA work. Of course, if 1v1 pvp is important then you'll need to figure out how much mag atk you'll need to actually kill ppl - maybe not full vit, or gear with +mag and magatk as well. But I have less experience in that.

I don't really get the la/aa mix, as I thought the point of stating all those points away from mag was to get the pdef of the LA .... but if you then wear AA too that defeats the purpose. But I have no experience with it. I would think HA/AA would be better because at least then the pdef you get from the HA half of your gear is quite substantial compared to the LA.

The other question is whether you are taking your time or powerleveling? And whether you are on a budget for gear or you cash or are an insane merchant or farmer and can get anything? Because if you are going straight to end game and can get really nice gear and refines then you can refine to 10+ and have JoSD and Garnet Gems in gear, and then go full magic and still be hard to kill in TW and pvp - having good defense from refines and shards.
  • tini08
    tini08 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    tfi3f wrote: »
    Don't talk to that high level ever again, please. Blacklist her/him if necessary, talking to that person is detrimental to your character.

That's a bit rude b:angry

I want to think everyone for replying. So I'm guessing I should leave the LA/AA mix alone and go vit AA? Is that what everyone is saying?
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    tini08 wrote: »
    That's a bit rude b:angry

I want to think everyone for replying. So I'm guessing I should leave the LA/AA mix alone and go vit AA? Is that what everyone is saying?

depends on how you play, IMO the vit aa is more for the caster blaster type that needs more flesh for survival and only goes to foxform for debuffs.

I am LA/AA atm, it's basically my training wheels for HA/AA(only AA in my toon is my sleeves of sea captain for -chan and + speed). I feel more comfortable going near to debuff a boss knowing that at least I can take one more hit than some AA types(pole and nob comes to mind). At squad play I go foxform nearly all the time for I know most of the time the squad expects me to do my main role as debuffer. As I do beatdown in foxform I build up chi faster than when I do DD long range, which is good when passing sparks to anyone who asks for it.

Either you go LA/AA or vit-AA what matters most how you play.
  • tini08
    tini08 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    depends on how you play, IMO the vit aa is more for the caster blaster type that needs more flesh for survival and only goes to foxform for debuffs.

I am LA/AA atm, it's basically my training wheels for HA/AA(only AA in my toon is my sleeves of sea captain for -chan and + speed). I feel more comfortable going near to debuff a boss knowing that at least I can take one more hit than some AA types(pole and nob comes to mind). At squad play I go foxform nearly all the time for I know most of the time the squad expects me to do my main role as debuffer. As I do beatdown in foxform I build up chi faster than when I do DD long range, which is good when passing sparks to anyone who asks for it.

Either you go LA/AA or vit-AA what matters most how you play.

I'm going vit-AA. Thank you very much everyone who helped me make up my mind b:thanks
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Just no offence to anyone but seriously.
    Light armor on a veno is bad already.

Mixing light armor AND arcane at the same time has got to be the most ridiculous idea I've heard of in a long time. I've seen some really stupid builds in my days but nothing, nothing takes the cake like the mention of LA/AA.

As always, if it works for you and you're happy with it then go for it. But TabbyCat, especially you being on a PVP server you should consider restatting for a different build or changing to at LEAST full LA immediately. The entire point of having a build that incorporates a different type of armor (HA/LA) is for higher defense, don't half *** it and waste valuable stat points. (Not to mention money)