Have you ever noticed???

Options

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Personally I prefer to use the AH, can`t deal with idiots on the WC, last time I was selling FCC gold dags for a SET price and I still got stupid offers such as fashion or other items, people are too bloody re tarded to READ what the sellers wants.

In addition there are people who put fake bids, such as current offer ...... or just write pm me fast or last tele, etc, as if they expect people to buy their junk if they have no time or they do not have any more teles.
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i love when people sell vit stones for 80m on worldchat, cuz when i bid 200m on it, i auto win b:laugh
  • Maiyr - Lost City
    Maiyr - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    My understanding on the general why some players when wanting to buy or sell something on world chat always ask others to offer. Its the fear of getting rejected. Now instead of getting lol no.....nty....and **** they can lol no...nty others offers make sense?
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    My understanding on the general why some players when wanting to buy or sell something on world chat always ask others to offer. Its the fear of getting rejected. Now instead of getting lol no.....nty....and **** they can lol no...nty others offers make sense?

my understanding is greed. just because u have the price 10m in mind, u put it on worldchat for 11m and after 50 teles wasted, u get the final price of 19m but u still do a few more just in case someone wants to offer that 19.1m, u know, gotta suck all the juice yo
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    mkat wrote: »
    Fail seller is fail.

You might be a fail seller, im not...and im not greedy also

I know prices of stuff and if i cant sell it at the price i want ill just wait another chances for it if i can wait.

I know the definition of OBO, all im saying is that the lower offers at my standard price are the greedy ones.

Like when i sold demon HF, i needed 70mil for cannies and i WCed for 70mil OBO even if it can be sold for much more. I didnt care of making profit, i just wanted the money in that period.

You know how many pms i got asking for 50/60mils since that might be the best offer i get ? Tons

I sold it at 1st 70mil offer i got. The price was more than honest and i dont care if the person resold it for whatever the price he wanted.

Again, i know how prices rolls. If you dont like my offer, your the greedy one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Why aren't we all instead sending in mass tickets to petition that the fee be removed, and the allocated time to be extended from 24-hours to 48 hours? Also, how about we find a way (which is possible, by the way) to integrate the Auction House onto webpages (such as core connect) or guild pages, so we don't have to long into the game to check, bid and update our merchandise?

I have played one of the games whose Auction House is integrated into a website. However to the best of my knowledge (at least with regards to this one game), due to the way that the game's software codes were written, the only thing that the code allowed the website to be able to do, was to tell the players what items had been sold and at what value. The game coding prevented the players from placing bids to the Auction House or actually put items on the Auction House unless they were personally logged into the game itself. Thus they could not do this from a website.

I find it hard to believe that any company that makes a Massively Multiplayer Game such as Perfect World International, would actually weaken their hold on the copyright for their game by allowing a third party website to be able to access the game code to such a degree that they would be able to influence things in game in the way you are suggesting that they should. That to me sounds downright stupid for a game developer to do.
    You might be a fail seller, im not...and im not greedy also

I know prices of stuff and if i cant sell it at the price i want ill just wait another chances for it if i can wait.

I know the definition of OBO, all im saying is that the lower offers at my standard price are the greedy ones.

Like when i sold demon HF, i needed 70mil for cannies and i WCed for 70mil OBO even if it can be sold for much more. I didnt care of making profit, i just wanted the money in that period.

You know how many pms i got asking for 50/60mils since that might be the best offer i get ? Tons

I sold it at 1st 70mil offer i got. The price was more than honest and i dont care if the person resold it for whatever the price he wanted.

Again, i know how prices rolls. If you dont like my offer, your the greedy one.

You asked for 70 mil OBO for a Demon Heaven's Flame Skill Book... and you got offers of around 50/60 mil... yet you held onto the book right up until you got your first and only 70 mil offer. Wow, and you call the people who were sending you offers lower than your base line price greedy.

You asked for 70 mil or Best Offer. You just got downright lucky that someone on your server was willing to pay the full 70 mil for the book. I am certain that in the real world had you gone out into a market place and yelled "I am selling this book for 20 dollars or the best offer!" You would get flooded with people asking you to sell it to them for no more than 5 dollars, and your highest offer might be as high as 10 or 15 dollars. Usually you cannot expect the highest offer to be the requested high price when you say "Or best offer" in conjunction with something you are selling.

Auction Companies in the real world would go out of business really fast if during each and every auction, every item they sold had the caveat of "OR BEST OFFER" instead of "SOLD TO THE HIGHEST OFFER." The latter is of course the phrase you want in your sales, not the OBO acronym.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Magna - Harshlands
    Magna - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    OBO means or the best offer that I receive. Why would someone PM you demanding that they pay more for it? That's just dumb and the people who did that are just willing to overpay because they want the item then and there. If you want someone to PM You higher offers then you start a bid, and say "WTS X current offer 25 mil" and let people bid higher. If you want to move the item quickly, than "OBO" simply means the person who puts in the best bid will get the item. The best bid could easily be lower than 25 mil, so long as it's not unreasonably lower it's a perfectly valid offer. The best offer doesn't mean it has to be better for the seller, it means that it's the best offer that you received.
    This is what "or best offer" means. The best offer you happen to get, even if its lower than your original price. If you say or best offer and you only accept offers higher than your price, you are just plain greedy and a scammer.b:bye

If someone says '25mil or best offer' then they obviously don't mean that. If they did, there would be no point in specifying 25mil. The only reason to specify is to set a price floor for their sale.

(Of course there are better ways for them to say this, considering it seems to have... caused confusion...)
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If someone says '25mil or best offer' then they obviously don't mean that. If they did, there would be no point in specifying 25mil. The only reason to specify is to set a price floor for their sale.

(Of course there are better ways for them to say this, considering it seems to have... caused confusion...)

This is logically incorrect. When a person says "WTS X Item for Y amount Or Best Offer" it literally means this: You want to sell the item for the listed amount if at all possible, but failing that you are willing to sell it for the next highest offer below the listed amount. There can be no other interpretation of Or Best Offer.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    LOL demon HF goes up to 100mil very often. 70mil is an honest price

This is logically incorrect. When a person says "WTS X Item for Y amount Or Best Offer" it literally means this: You want to sell the item for the listed amount if at all possible, but failing that you are willing to sell it for the next highest offer below the listed amount. There can be no other interpretation of Or Best Offer.

The best offer is not related to coins only. Therefore there are other interpretation of OBO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
    edited October 2011
    Options
    LOL demon HF goes up to 100mil very often. 70mil is an honest price

even if that is the case on your server (may not be the case on other servers as economics will fluctuate from server to server), what you really should have done in that case is say "WTS Demon HF for 100 mil OBO" instead of listing 70 mil as your hard Ceiling.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    even if that is the case on your server (may not be the case on other servers as economics will fluctuate from server to server), what you really should have done in that case is say "WTS Demon HF for 100 mil OBO" instead of listing 70 mil as your hard Ceiling.

Who's the greedy now ?

I sold it for a reasonable price and i sold it fast as i always do if i need fast money.

And usually if you wanna make profit out of things, you dont put an hard cap since people wont go over that easily. Just set a starting price, just like AH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Who's the greedy now ?

I sold it for a reasonable price and i sold it fast as i always do if i need fast money.

Actually what you did is called undercutting. Now normally undercutting is to be expected in a open market environment and is usually a good practice. That is except when undercutting is done on such a massive scale as to be detrimental to the health of said open market.

Take this for example.

If someone is charging 100 million for a Demons HF Skill book, undercutting by 1 to 3 percent (or 1 to 3 million) is called competition.

On the otherhand what you did, undercutting by a good 30% is just unsustainable and if everyone in the market were to continuously undercut everyone else by 30% everytime they sold something, the entire free market of your server would simply put... CRASH. Yes, you will always sell your items faster by undercutting the value of the item so heavily. However you will make ZERO profit by doing so.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It wasnt undercutting cuz there wasnt competition in that specific moment. It was a nice discount b:chuckle

I just needed money and i didnt feel like spending 2hours WCing for best offers and making people angry cuz it never stops.

I take this game lightly, and is not like 30mil are hard to make anyway...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It wasnt undercutting cuz there wasnt competition in that specific moment. It was a nice discount b:chuckle

I just needed money and i didnt feel like spending 2hours WCing for best offers and making people angry cuz it never stops.

I take this game lightly, and is not like 30mil are hard to make anyway...

maybe not for someone who is level 103 and who can likely solo lots of high level instances and what not. But for someone around about my level who has to actually work very hard and long hours at obtaining money in game (without spending real life money on the game at least), I will thank you very much to stay off of my server with your apparent lack of appreciation towards the game's economy.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    maybe not for someone who is level 103 and who can likely solo lots of high level instances and what not. But for someone around about my level who has to actually work very hard and long hours at obtaining money in game (without spending real life money on the game at least), I will thank you very much to stay off of my server with your apparent lack of appreciation towards the game's economy.

Oh i wouldnt worry that i come on your server...im on hiatus atm

And its not lack of appreciation towards economy, it was a discount. Not like a demon book would change anything when economy is based on neverending rank sales
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Oh i wouldnt worry that i come on your server...im on hiatus atm

And its not lack of appreciation towards economy, it was a discount. Not like a demon book would change anything when economy is based on neverending rank sales

Actually the Economy is based on the value of Gold more so than Rank Sales. Though the value of Gold itself is probably heavily based upon the value of Medals of Glory and Mysterious Chips I would wager.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Tolansky has an economics degreeb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Tolansky has an economics degreeb:surrender

I like him. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I like him. :)

thanks for the compliments you two... I don't actually have an economics degree. I just happen to have a father who has made me understand the importance of money :P

I myself am very bad at managing my own money however >.<
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Actually the Economy is based on the value of Gold more so than Rank Sales. Though the value of Gold itself is probably heavily based upon the value of Medals of Glory and Mysterious Chips I would wager.

You forgot rep badges also...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You forgot rep badges also...

Rep Tokens are probably about as important as the Mysterious Chips maybe a tad less. What really drives the value of gold is probably mostly the Gift Token Packs, the Medals of Glory, and the Source of Force / Phoenix Feather Items more than anything else as those are the items that people will often spend most of their money on, and those are also the items that conversely have the highest resale value in the game.

I only mentioned the Mysterious Chips and Medals of Glory as those are the most prominent contenders out of the Rep Sale Items.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    who cares, this game is full with greedy id iots

/ignores such replyes and this thread too
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Options
    who cares, this game is full with greedy id iots

/ignores such replyes and this thread too

OK, ill ignore your post...

tyvm for contribution b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    @ OP, Yes i've noticed. Do i mind, no... and sometimes yes.

If some would just leave it at "Lol no" i'll try somewhere else or raise my offer depending on if i -really- need it.

What i find annoying is when they follow up with a " Try xxx amount, then we'll talk" smug replies.

What i alco noticed and absolutely detest is when i try to sell something an someone tries scamming me out of it.

I tried selling a +8, 2 socketed saphire stone aquadash.
    this person tried scamming it off me with a mere 15m...
    Saying how their price had dropped with the amount that came out of the packs.
    never mind the fact this person was calling me dumb and greedy for the fact i wasn't accepting the 15m offer, i -knew- that could never be the acurate price because 5 minutes earlier i sold a glaive of divinity with exactly the same refinement and stones for 20m.
    In the end i got so fed up i logged off and the next day i sold it for 45m.

When i want to sell something and auction it off within wc i am fast, honest and do not dwindle trying to see if i can squeeze every last 100k out of it. if i do not get a new offer within a few seconds, i sell...period. i detest it that people then point out to me how i sold for a too low price that i could of had with setting up a catshop.
    thank you capt'n obvious, thank you for that piece of invaluable wisdom B| ....

the thing i can nearly pee my pants off for is when it's obvious they are buying to resell for a ridiculous amount of profit.
    selling a savant i tried right after someone else already sold one for 40m, the exact same person then tried buying mine for 15... B|

yeah... some people seriously think they are the -only- "smart" people out there.
    It's annoying....
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Inflictia - Raging Tide
    Inflictia - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Me: WTS [Pan Gu, Creator] PM offers!
    Random person 1: 300k!
    Random person 2: how much do you want?
    Random person 3: 2m
    Random person 4: any offers yet?

Did I say enough why you get these "LOL, no" responses?
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    @OP; yes i hate that, too.

Most people obviously have a price in mind that they want for whatever they are selling; why can't they just put it out there; instead of laughing at people who do what they asked & pm them offers?

Wait; let me answer that, too!! Because they think that they might find someone who's stupid enough to pay an even more outrageous price for their item than what they are already asking for it.

PS to AnimaBlanc; I love your signature; it makes me crack up every time I read it :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TevesRagen - Lost City
    TevesRagen - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I rarely make offers to seller in WC, but it is annoying when people don't understand the difference betweem "OBO" and "bidding starting at x".
    The funniest thing I see on world chat is when somebody says "current offer 100 mill" then the next day the same person is saying "current offer 75 mill" on the same item. It's not too hard to figure out they were trying to artificially raise the value of the item. (and it didn't work)
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ok ur the first person whos saying that. ppl use WC to sell items because its easy for players and the seller.

^^ what ive said just now many merchants in pwi would agree with me. I know cause i am one.
    Personally, I've virtually never bother with WC for any of my merchanting.

The problem I've found is that WC is mostly filled with people who are trying to land a bargain (both buyers and sellers), not people who actually want to do business.

Hence the "lol, no" responses, pointless bartering over already excellent offers, arguments over what "OBO" means, and other various assorted silliness related to people who seem mostly concerned with defending their ego.

I just want to make trades, and cat-shops and the Auction House make that happen without all the wasted time.
    Therefore there are other interpretation of OBO
    Sure, you're free to re-define words however you want, but why bother?

OBO has a commonly understood definition. If you want to use a different definition, go right ahead, but generally speaking, people who use words differently than everybody else don't do so well in life, since everybody else assumes that they're not that bright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver
    JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I hate the stupids Dbags like you that does that.

If i am selling and i say > WTS x for y obo...pm me

the best offers must be higher than the one i posted. Or instead of just coin is an offer with an item that equals the price of it.

The best offer has to be better for my side since im the one who is selling.

if u want a higher offer just say ,,Selling x AO 20mil" ao- actual offer, ur actualy starting a bid this way, if u just go around sayng OBO, is just too confusing, i also USE obo as or best offer when im selling something. Its like giving ur price, but also accepting offers, this way u avoid ppl asking ,,how much" if u say only offer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    English is not my native language. Deal with it.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ok let me rephrase. I mean if you offer REASONABLE and they still say "LOL no".

Wc sellers are so dumb sometimes.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]