Apothecary seems NOT to work

Options
joshuaa1
joshuaa1 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Question? was trying to use Raging Sun Orb (adds fire DD) on clerics (metal players), this should add a good amount of Damage. Some reason it did nothing while trying it on a faction member, no extra dd w/ it. Can someone explain or direct me to the answer.

cleric was 100 and no skills used or weapon, got a nice steady 167 dd w/ and w/o potion?
Post edited by joshuaa1 on

Comments

• Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    joshuaa1 wrote: »
    Question? was trying to use Raging Sun Orb (adds fire DD) on clerics (metal players), this should add a good amount of Damage. Some reason it did nothing while trying it on a faction member, no extra dd w/ it. Can someone explain or direct me to the answer.

cleric was 100 and no skills used or weapon, got a nice steady 167 dd w/ and w/o potion?

I believe that would only work on melee attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deteriorate - Harshlands
    Deteriorate - Harshlands Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Lol.

Its based on your weapon damage. No weapon = no additional damage.

Additionally, classes dont have elemental weaknesses by default. They ony gain any through buffs or poor quality armor. (Most poeple will have the same defence for all elements, except wizards with an elemental shell up or Mystics with their self buff (Water/wood + Phy def? Im not sure) or similar.)
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I believe that would only work on melee attacks.
    This is correct.

If a cleric did a few melee attacks, then used that pot, then tried a few more melee attacks, you'd see the difference. However, that pot will have no effect on magic attacks.

Basically, that pot is for people who use melee or bow/crossbow/slingshot attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It works for pretty much any attack based off of your physical damage. Cleric plume shot doesn't count since its a physical attack based off of magical damage. Veno fox form attack skills should benefit though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    This is correct.

If a cleric did a few melee attacks, then used that pot, then tried a few more melee attacks, you'd see the difference. However, that pot will have no effect on magic attacks.

Basically, that pot is for people who use melee or bow/crossbow/slingshot attacks.

I've had issues with it working on ranged physical attacks in the past.

I plain up don't bother with it at all anymore.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It works for pretty much any attack based off of your physical damage. Cleric plume shot doesn't count since its a physical attack based off of magical damage. Veno fox form attack skills should benefit though.
    The veno fox form attacks (aside from Myriad Rainbow) are what I'd count as melee attacks, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

question answered itself